Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need help with my winter draft - Minitokyo

Need help with my winter draft

page 1 of 1 6 total items

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

It has finished but i couldn't decide if I needed to color it or just leave it in here.

My pic is here

And please tell me if you find any other fault

Epic fail :DSignature Image

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

About adding the color.. I think it could make this work more lively. Just a little will do (after all its a winter theme), I would make the coat red and put some blue on the snow (to make more contrast) for example. On the other hand you could use the lanterns and play with light a little (by the way why arent the lanterns made from a straight line?). Also the BG needs more details. And how about snowing? a view snowflakes here and there should do fine^_^
Sorry for being so direct, but I wish you the best. I believe you can do a nice piece out of it!^_^ Good luck with your work

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Quote by AnGeeChanAbout adding the color.. I think it could make this work more lively. Just a little will do (after all its a winter theme), I would make the coat red and put some blue on the snow (to make more contrast) for example. On the other hand you could use the lanterns and play with light a little (by the way why arent the lanterns made from a straight line?). Also the BG needs more details. And how about snowing? a view snowflakes here and there should do fine^_^
Sorry for being so direct, but I wish you the best. I believe you can do a nice piece out of it!^_^ Good luck with your work

Thank you for advices. I will try to make it better. :)

Epic fail :DSignature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Are you working from a tablet or drawing it by hand and then scanning it? There's a bit of a discrepancy between that large gray filled area (what is it exactly?), which looks like it's been auto-filled on the computer, and the road, which looks like it's been colored manually with a pencil.

Also, for the bases of the streetlights, I would make them perhaps a little more rounded because right now with the straight line they look pretty flat. (Though if you add color, you can also make the appearance of 3-D through the shading...)

Signature Image

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

You definitely have the basics down, the composition looks fine from a start. The expression is right and you have dabbled into perspective correctly. I believe the only encouragement I can give you is to continue to draw! Keep playing with your images and never ever stop practicing! Its very easy to become discouraged, but I see great potential in you and I think with some time and effort this will be an exceptional piece. Work on your proportions and with re-sizing what is falling into the horizon line of your work. (the further away, the smaller/less detailed) I wouldn't worry so much about color but about shading for now, since that comes first. If you think too far ahead I feel you will lose the more important details of your piece.
Keep at it!

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

I think that can result in a great black and white picture if you want to keep it like that. But like Jakuro said the shadows still need some work.
Gambaté!

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.