Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scenic practice - Minitokyo

Scenic practice

page 1 of 1 7 total items

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Okay, so.. I've come up with a concept for a scenic wallpaper
The problem is, I can't find just the right image for the human focal point.. So I decided to draw it
Then I remembered that I can't freakin draw on the computer. My tablet is cruddy, and I can't do it with my mouse through vectoring.
I managed to make a ROUGH draft of the scene with some lighting and depth.
I added in a quick flat vector of what I want the girl to look like - Male is also fine if he's got long hair

What I'm getting at is, I'd like some tips on my scenic view

And someone that is good at drawing to whip me up a detailed version of this girl..(hell no I wont draw hands hahaha, I can only do that on paper!) if they like the concept of the wallpaper. I'd really be very happy to collab, and I apologize in advance for my lacking in skill.

The human just needs to look like the wind is a-blowin in their hair and thier clothes are fluttering in the wind. I dont mind doing the highlights/shadows if that would cut out a lot of work for you - of course you will be credited and there will be a slew of links to you and me kissin' your feet.

Anyway, I hope someone is interested in that.. otherwise, scene tips D:

img:
http://i39.tinypic.com/ly34y.jpg

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

singlemoon

singlemoon

..keeping out the negativities..

If you like to, I'll help out with the girl's details. XD
if you want to.

Signature
-in a place where lies and truth form an unbreakable bond-

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

DUH OF COURSE <3 I'd love that!

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Whoa, this actually looks pretty awesome, you know! I like the tilted perspective and the setting you decided to use. Besides adding her hands, lol I think you might want to tweak some colors like the color of the upper sky - if the sun is still so high in the sky, it shouldn't be so pink/purple. Unless that was intentional and abstract-ish. XD

As for the grass, try to avoid custom PS grass brush; sure, it comes in handy sometimes but it usually looks artificial and bleh. XD If you want to try a different approach to drawing grass, take a peek at Nysha's grass tutorial, it's really useful and well explained. And of course, if you need some more help, I'm here. Well, around. XD

Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Aye it was an abstractish thing, but I will play with the position of the sun for sure
I wanted the grass to look wind-blown so I didn't mind the lean on it (its just the default grass brush, not sure wut you meant by custom lol), I'll fiddle with the grass and try to make it look more natural! Thanks alenas ^^

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Oh...I can help in getting a good drawing of the girl if you want. Shouldn't be a big problem.
I actually think it should be a bit less diagonal or just straight. It gives off this "king of the hill" feeling. The composition view would be nicer if it's slightly down instead of straight.

Looking good though.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Singlemoon is gonna draw my lady for me! Its gonna be so cool :3 If you want, we could do two versions - I'll make a straight background and you draw me a long-haired bishie! Deal? Ehhh? :O If you're down for it, then I'd love to do that with you. Let me know ok?

I know what you mean about the "king of the hill" feeling, but I actually was rather going for that. She is looking over a beautiful landscape with the wind in her tresses and the sun is shining on her and though she teeters on the edge of a dangerous place, the world is beautiful, and so is she! She could be about to jump off for all we know, or she could just be experiencing freedom for the first time.. theres a lot of ways to go.

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.