Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 dreams and your thoughts about them - Minitokyo

dreams and your thoughts about them

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

@firefly it seems those dreams though sound like horror movies possibly stem from the fact you may be afrade of loosing something or someone or a fear of a drastic change thats possible to happen in your life or thats what i can gather from how your dreams events play out

@angel you have a good point often dreams are a way for your mind and brain to help itself to lern better what different emotions are and how to react properly to them and others are random bits of memories thrown together (often mixed and mashed dreams are a mix of current memories that are more fresh and also previus memories you had compleatly forgot about this mix sometimes leads to some things being found out for figured out an example is an invention your emagination or what we call it is apparently responcible for our dreams the more active our emaginations the dreams follow suit in the fact some are so unorthadox and yet some seem and feal so real as it were reality but yet its not)

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

Li-Shezaar

Li-Shezaar

The Light of Hope

First of all there is one thing clear. Your brain cannot create something on its own instinctively. What ever it does visualize is something that you have already received as a stimulus or is a mixture of stimuli.
In case of dreams, it is the subconscious part of the brain which generally works. Memories and feelings that lie dormant are usurped in your mind. You just can't control it. Also it might be possible that you have a dream about which you worry a lot or are involved in a lot. For instance you are seeing nothing but episodes of Fate/Stay Night continuously for some 7-8 hours, it is quite possible that you shall see Sabre in your dreams.
As for nightmares it is your brains way of picking up memories in a random way. (Random Access Memory - I mean it) Suppose you are really worried about something, the brain certainly is confused so it mixes up stimuli and presents something alien to you which might be referred to as a glitch. It is quite possible.
Now, when premonitions are considered. In case of good ones I believe that you see what you want to conspire and then with pure co-incidence it takes place in real life. Since, I believe that a person is incapable of seeing one's own future. The same goes for the bad premonitions. The good ones have happened with me but are really rare so they are nothing but coincidences. As for the neutral ones, I am not sure it is quite possible that actually do foresee an event. It might also be that we see something random and then we associate it with something realistic in the real world.
Since I am not a psychologist my opinions as well as my knowledge is limited but I have read that your sleeping position or which part of your body you touch can also determine the nature of your dreams. I read that for instance if you place your hand on your forehead you may see confusing dreams which make no real sense. If you place your hands on your chest then due to the pressure on your heart the possibility of nightmares appearing is increased manifold. If you sleep with your hands straight and parallel to you then the chances of dreams are decreased.
In short dreams are either instances (mixed or straightforward) of dormant or hyper-active memories or they could be predictions - which I can neither explain nor understand.

erdeteha

erdeteha

vectorist not terrorist

friend of mine said: dream is a "soul-world" (an origin place of the souls) that disconnected with our real life, it's timeless, so in dream, when we may meet and acquaintance in the past or from the future.

happy and positive

lilylily09

lilylily09

LILYLILY09

When i was young, i have one nightmare that make me wake up at midnight with a tear. I saw my parents leave me alone. Then i tried to run after them but i still can't. I want to know why i had a dream like this. Since that day when i woke up, my eyes always have a tears.
But now when i sleep, i dream nothing. When i close my eyes, i just heard my sound that i must wake up early morning.

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

i dream about sky....
and there are have a lot rainbow..
:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

lily it a dream more or less depicting a fear you have of your parents leaving you and never comming back nightmares often are formed from our fears and bad memories

that sounds so wonderful back ^-^

??????
Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

@lilylily09

Evelluchia has summed up your dream for you but I had something to say
I am assuming that you were -very- young when you had this dream and its actually very neat that you could remember it. Nearly all children have a fear of abandonment, and that is basically what this dream represents. If anything, your parents may have often left you alone in a room, or put you to bed too early. In which case, you would be awake alone for perhaps 30minutes to an hour, which is normal with average parenting. Poor parenting would to be to put you to bed many hours before you are even tired at all (2+ hours). There isnt exactly a way you could have told them you were scared/lonely, other than crying! Which, children cry so often, its understandable in most cases to be left alone. You were likely just sensitive to this trauma because you were either very used to being around your parents (attachment), or did not see them often (neglect) - both causes have the same result.

At least you know not to do this to your children in the future, that's what can be learned here. Don't put your babies to bed until they are already asleep in your arms and ready to go!

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Quote by back07i dream about sky....
and there are have a lot rainbow..
:)

;_; I WANT YOUR DREAMS.
//pleaseletmehavethem

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

evelluchia

evelluchia

Quote by jakuro@lilylily09

Evelluchia has summed up your dream for you but I had something to say
I am assuming that you were -very- young when you had this dream and its actually very neat that you could remember it. Nearly all children have a fear of abandonment, and that is basically what this dream represents. If anything, your parents may have often left you alone in a room, or put you to bed too early. In which case, you would be awake alone for perhaps 30minutes to an hour, which is normal with average parenting. Poor parenting would to be to put you to bed many hours before you are even tired at all (2+ hours). There isnt exactly a way you could have told them you were scared/lonely, other than crying! Which, children cry so often, its understandable in most cases to be left alone. You were likely just sensitive to this trauma because you were either very used to being around your parents (attachment), or did not see them often (neglect) - both causes have the same result.

At least you know not to do this to your children in the future, that's what can be learned here. Don't put your babies to bed until they are already asleep in your arms and ready to go!

i think youve done well in your explination ^-^ all children are afrade of being abandend

i agree with you jakuro very much about being there with your children when they fall asleep its a good way of telling them your there for them, your there to protect them from scary horrible things sadly many little children dont have parents who love them or dont have parents at all its really hurts to know of such a situation a poor little girl or boy is put in T^T its just so horrible how some people can do such a crual thing to those poor children T^T

??????
Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Because they're frustrating! Most people are idiots and can't take care of a living thing's basic needs. They can only think about themselves and feel sorry for themselves instead of trying harder to figure out what is making their child cry or act out of turn. But, that's an entire other subject!

Anyone tried lucid dreaming? I recently found a cool and easy way to achieve it! You see, we have this close friend, and he is utterly an embodiment of carefree, happy-go-lucky, high on life kind of guy. Since he himself, in the real world, has no negative feelings surrounding him... when we simply imagine him at any point during a nightmare, the nightmare is instantly obliterated and turns into a good dream! I'm sure this can be applied to anything in your life that you often have direct contact with that has a very very strong aura of happiness, or at -least- has no negativity surrounding it. As long as its something strong, it can't be for say.. cats because you like cats, you know? If you are having a dream that you do not want to have, you only have to practice inviting that positive force, whatever it may be, into the dream - That's the hard part. Once you have done that, the positive influence that your person/object/place brings you will automatically fill in the rest of the information.

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.