Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 H2SO4 wallpaper - does it need more work? - Minitokyo

H2SO4 wallpaper - does it need more work?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

I was making this into a userpage layout and I rather liked how the colours turned out - so I made it into a wallpaper. Extended the scan ( H E R E) at the walls and the wiring, and brightened up the colours.

Problem is, it looks a bit incomplete, especially the left side.

Any ideas on how to make this wall look better? I'm all out. ^^;
Or do you think it will qualify as it is?

I've made these resolutions:
2560 x 1600, 2560 x 1440, 1920 x 1200, 1920 x 1080, 1600 x 900, 1680 x 1050, 1440 x 900, 1366 x 768, 1280 x 800, 1280 x 720
That's basically a lot of widescreen resos x'D

The wallpaper resolution I'm uploading is 1280 x 720. If you need to see a bigger version, I'll post it. ^-^
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8648/uphellokattyh2so42ndyo1.th.png

To tell the truth, the UP looks better than the wall. >->

I am open to your ideas and critique! So, onegaigozaimasu (/ω\) and thank you~

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

xNotUnderstood

xNotUnderstood

Delin the Deino

The color Scheme is awesome, it looks pretty good. but maybe on the left side have some text. Like use some lyrics from a song, or make something up. If you use text I think it should be light green or make the text color fade into each scheme of the wall(Greens to yellows to pinks). Have one line in a big simple cursive font and underneath have a thin serif looking font underneath or above.

Just my thought though ;)

I choose to not be the monster I am meant to be. I choose to be different, and I will change my ways.

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Hmm, I really like how you've made the colors more vivid, but I agree that it looks a bit empty in areas. Text might work as xNotUnderstood suggested, but I think it would need to be more prominent, like in the walls where words are used as structure or a large chunk of the background and not just as a quote. Ex of what I mean: Baka! by Samura
Baka! by Samura but not quite to that extent. But on second thought, not sure if that would look good though; having trouble envisioning it in my head. ;_; Or maybe you could extend the wall behind her to cover more of the wall and then add something on top of that? Having the wall fade out is nice, but right now the white space is a bit overwhelming. Sorry I can't be more helpful; I don't always have much of an artistic eye. :( But I do think adding umbrellas would be a sure fire way to improve the wall this wall has potential. :) Good luck! I'm sure it will end up great.

Oh, btw, on my screen the third tile from the right on the top row looks really pixelated and odd, weren't sure if you knew about that or not.

EDIT: Oh, but the scan was like that too. Huh, how odd. And this might be Snicker advice fail. @.@

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Thanks for the feedback, Xnu and Snicker! I'm so glad you like the colours. Ah, so text is the solution?

Well, I did consider text, but I wasn't sure on how to incorporate it... Not to mention, what to write xD.
Nonetheless, thank you Snicker for the examples! And Xnu for the idea of using lyrics-like text.
I would extend it more, except that I'm doing it with GIMP and I find it hard to make it stay tidy.. so I didn't. ^^; I shall have to find typography tutorials for GIMP. And something to quote from. @-@ Hurr hurr, [s]I need to make an umbrella wall. yes.[/url] I'll go for background text. And that pixellated bit was originally in the scan. :) It does look a bit out of place...

P.S. Fell asleep writing this. Good night!

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Well, I was thinking about some ways to make her have more of the wall's space, to make her bigger in other words^^ maybe you should try to cut the bottom part in about half of the blue shade on the floor (safe some blue, its important, we will loose some of her hair, but cadrer something is the best way to get rid of things we don't really need and make things we want to have more focus on).
The green and yellow like square BG, make use of it to fill the empty space. Carry it on to the very edge of the wall on both sides, or you can end it the way it is on only left side near the edge of the wall for excample. I guess you shoul remove the pixelated bit Snicker was talking about, even if it was in the scan OR on the other hand if you will make the area longer as I said, you can make it in some more places. Wouldn't look to be out of the place if there will be more effects like this one.
Already love the colors, wouldn't change enything here. If you will make more of the upper BG you won't have to do much typography work, just a little should do (about two words in pink I suggest, if you decide to have more green in the bg instead of white).
PS. Good night to you, its already morning here, haha^_^ good luck with the wall!

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

It looks pretty catchy right now and you're on a good track but I agree that some interesting text might spice things up a bit. That, or you can add some subtle textures or brushes (maybe extend the image you have) around her to fill that empty white space a bit. Other than that, this looks pretty cute, keep it up!

Signature

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

I'd suggest an epic typography to fill up the empty spaces. But if typography is hard, why not try using a collage of textures and brushes. There are also typographic textures and brushes available too. Make sure that the color scheme would match the current but I'm sure you can fix it on your own. ;)

I look forward on how this wall becomes ^^

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I have this idea with a disco-type font as a main title and a "normal" font under it as a subtitle *_*
Something along the lines of Movie Star (title) and Orator STD (subtitle) -> example.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else I'd add. Personally I think it's good enough as-is (except the text thingy I already mentioned), adding more brushes/stuff would only clutter it up.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

the color is awesome..
i love it...
um..
i think you can add some text to this picture..
i hope it can help..
:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.