Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 xxxHolic Wall, advice nedeed - Minitokyo

xxxHolic Wall, advice nedeed

Tagged under xxxHOLiC

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Hello everyone!
I'm working on a new wall:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7479/wallyuukocopy.th.jpg http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7479/wallyuukocopy.jpg
I'm not happy with it right now. There's something missing, but I can't figure how I can improve it.
Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Scan used: here

Thank you in advance!

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The vector is really nice; I like the patterns in the background but I think they don't really look that good on her - at least not on her face and skin, they make her look kind of dirty so I'd get rid of them on her (you could leave them on her gloves, though if you want). I do agree something is missing in the whole wall but I also can't put my finger on it, lol - text would only get in the way since she already takes the major portion of the wall. I guess you could either add more details to her (some additional shading and lighting) or keep her simple as she is and maybe add some very subtle brushes and textures in the background; something in some other color perhaps to spice things up a bit? Just a suggestion. XD

Hope to see this in the gallery soon, it really looks good so far! Keep it up! :3

Signature

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Hmm, can't really suggest enything besides changing the BG, play more with colours and add some typography maybe.
For the BG I thought some japanese interior would do, maybe some jpn sliding door (called fusuma if I remember correctly) with black&white japanese painting on it. Could open them a little from left side and let some moonlight inside... but the whole wall will have to be longer then, cause theres not enough space for scenic now I guess XD thought of flowers too, but they wont fit if you wanna do a mysterious wall..
As for the colours.. using a pattern for her skin is kind of nice and interesting, it fits xxxholic^_^ I would use the rose, make it more bright red and make the BG with blue and violet. You don't have to use a lot of blue to make the contrast of blue and red be noticable. My bad I'm into the moonlight already^_^ If you wanna stay more in monochromatic it leaves to put the red on the rose and maybe some in her eyes (she had red eyes I recall) and let it have all the focus.
Now the strongest point if the wall is Yuuko's hair. Looks pretty nice. You can play with typoghraphy for the BG too, but I can't help with that much.
Overall, you need to choose and add something catchy, like contrast colours, monochrome with red highlight or whatever you can think about to make the wall more lively.
Good luck with it!

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

I suggest removing the pattern for the BG. You can at least keep them on the gloves and her dress perhaps. Her skin color is making her blend with the BG color too much, and thus making the overall look seemingly dull (the way I see it). Try using a few shades of flesh for Yuuko. And for some reason, a saturated color wall is what I see. But never mind about that.

Is she with her pipe? Why not add spice by adding smoke (the way CLAMP illustrates smoke effects in the manga, which I think is very attractive). I'm not quite sure for the whole BG yet. But I suggest you look up to every XXX Holic chapter covers and take a look on the design for catchy BG references. CLAMP draws unusual things for additional details but they honestly look amazing. You might find some interesting stuff to use as reference.

Good luck on the wallpaper!

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.