Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What makes an anime character, so cute? - Minitokyo

What makes an anime character, so cute?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

In fact ... something that arises when you start to sketch or create a character or just watch a written or televised genre. I think I'll go to the tangible and say that if it were not for those "bright eyes" manga and anime would not be much ... Or is there a more intrinsic feature? ...

BLOODY TRIGGER - Survive! Till the end!
for: PDRAWMAN (2000-2011)

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Of course its those eyes... but especially if its a girl, she has small lips and nose, overall tiny and slim body--> that makes the head bigger than it should be and we associate it with children (babies have way bigger head than body) and people found kids to be cute and are kind to them^_^ that is used for well-known chibi style too.
Hmm, what else? cute hairstyle?^_^

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

female characters have these attributes: a perfect archetype. But I also think that in that character inteririozandose more beauty value lies in its psychological aspect and com looks and acts with the world around him: loyalty, love, tenderness, withdrawal, friendliness, commitment ... I meant why more intrinsic aspects of a character, especially if it's a woman, as they are usually shown as very sensitive and fragile yet complex if you psychoanalyze

PDRAWMAN

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

to be honest I don't really care much for appearance. I typically pay attention more to attitude and personality, since a large chunk of characters are drawn out of proportion anyways and thrown into the moe factor. I rather like how they can handle themselves or their appearance when it comes to certain scenes. although I have to admit toys and/or plushies are a plus to me liking her even more. however, for some odd reason, I've turned to liking genre of a female character more these days, like Tsundere for example. so I suppose it depends on what I'm really in the mood for as to what I might like. there's a typical stereotype on a lot of the females in anime so I started looking past all that.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Yep, of course personality is more important and have more influence if you like the character or not. On the other hand I can start watching some show just cause the art style is attractive for me and like the characters just cause the way they look. "He looks so cool, I wanna know his story" I think for example. But then you need some time to learn ones personality from the way he is and from his actions. Now you can start to love or even hate the character you liked at first (he or she can look cute, but have awful personality or be annoying in some way).
So the personality is decisive if you like the char, but you don't know it from the start, you learn it in time. Appearance is like a stimulus, its job is to caught ones attention, it works in the beginning and its not so important later. If you designing a character you want to be liked, you make him/her attractive. And bad guys you make less attractive so people could hate them easily. Thats the way it is. Generaly speaking of course, its not a rule and I think its more interesting if everyone like someone who is not attractive at all, but he has cool personality. Its harder to achieve too!

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

As elucidated achievement: personality influences too coerced with physical appearance (which is absolute in male and female characters) and a half each personality is called the final reading is achieved. So far so good!.

Well, I believe that beauty will always be subjective. But we can not resist contemplating a picture of perfection (but very stylized voluptuous) and sharp features. Revealing his personality, gets caught and is also something more superficial premium interior: Kawashima Ami is an example, beautiful but with a hidden personality that neither you recommend it, the Misaka Mikoto otherwise contrary, a tsundere girl with 15 years body, mind minded girl of 5 years.

Just to say the package is so important, such as personality, that balance must always (and as good Japanese ... promote it XD)

PDRAWMAN

For me it's their personality.

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

being "Random"...

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

"Random" ? ... Explain, please -.-

Mostly the personality.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

seiyuu
10char

pdrawman

pdrawman

Amateur Cartoonist

tsundere, lol, yandere ... what you mean? Is it just the personality, which legitimizes an anime character?

PDRAWMAN

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I think the cute characters usually have short hair or really long hair....and they usually blush alot for whatever reason.

Anddd....they usually have cute sound effects when they do, do something, which probably helps the cute factor, lol.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

To me, i think the 1st impression is always the work of the character design. but then again, the intrinsic aspects still affect majorly during the whole anime series and at last, leaving me either a good or bad, cute or not cute, impression about them(of course, the seiyuu also contributes alot in a character's impression, such as their acting voices and etc...) XD

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

It's all about the eyes. You should be able to tell instantly what a character is like based on their eyes. Like high arched eyes for tsunderes or rounded eyes for the unassuming characters or the sleepy half closed eyes for the silent unexcitable type.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TsurimeEyes
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TaremeEyes

I think there can be a lot of cuteness in speech patterns aswell. Like Rena from Higurashi who repeats words at the end of her sentences like "kana kana", I wonder I wonder or Rika who randomly says "nii-pah" or Mikoto's "auu~" and Ayu's "Uguu" from Kanon.

eyes, hair and voice! but also personality

dnandre

dnandre

it's ... nothing

hmm .... up till now, i never realized that :-?
but, the thing that makes their cute is .... (i think) their expression
not only facial expression, but also the other expression :->
xD

Signature

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

His looks, and awesomeness :) Like Toshiro Hitsugaya! O_O wait....... continuing on :P

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

The large innocent eyes, and the loads of blush they use in anime.

darkkrisna

darkkrisna

Nemesishorizon

for me its all aspect from personality, apperance, and voice. with just watching them make me fell they are alive and real the effort and felling the animator,seiyu,designer all is in that chara make the chara more and more attractive even though it must have imagination to feel it, so what make them cute is every litlle thing of them

Man proposes. God disposes.
Signature

CND2007

CND2007

White

Lots and lots of things. Personality, appearance,...
When watching I really have to smile to that cuteness. For the rest of the day :)

A smile for the day.

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

First, I think it's because their face, how the drawer made their face look so cute, like big-round eyes, small nose. And for girls, they will be more cute if they have curly hairs or wavy but still short hair. For the boys, their cuteness is shown in their face by having a round big eyes just like an usual girl characters.
Second, their personality. They like to smile, being kind to the other characters and act like a.... some kinda, an innocent, maybe? :D
Well, these are my opinion. :D

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

I think when they have some kind of pet peeve. Like Toshiro Hitsugaya, when people don't address him as captain or call him little/kid. Same with Edward Elric with his height. And physically, have big eyes and blushing.
And chibi anger.

<------- (SO CUTE!)

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

@Dan-YELL: I see.. :D I'm agree with you about chibi anger, hehe :D

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.