Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cloud and Aeris in the church - Minitokyo

Cloud and Aeris in the church

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Some indy art I'm working on. Cloud and Aeris, combination of Nomura and Amano designs, bit anachronistic in regards to the setting in-universe timeline wise.
It'll eventually be in color, it's just easier to work this way. :B Doing it mostly because B'AWW THESE TWO ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER, and also because I'm sick of submitting crap into the gallery and figured it's time for something I'm actually properly working on instead of speeding.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/0oDarthTofuo0/inthechurch1.jpg
so BAAASIICALLY…I'm a bit at a loss of what to do for the background. It's the Sector 5 church, the side open to where Cid crashed a rocket into it, rubble and decay everywhere and such. But I just feel like how Cloud and Aeris are sitting in there is a bit unnatural, if not a bit uncomfortable. Normally I tend to draw the background first and then the characters into it but this time I did it the other way around…

I'm thinking make the broken pillars they are leaning on bigger? Make it more open, less open? dunno, right now I'm getting whatever the opposite of claustrophobia is in this pic…but I'm also not a fan of adding stuff for the sake of adding it. Is anything weirdly out of perspective? Overall composition? Anything else weird you spot?
also, moogles in the back? Y/N?

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Perhaps if you were to mimic the flowerbed in the middle of the Sector 5 church, that would help them look a bit better with how they were sitting, since they'd be keeping their legs up a bit more so as to avoid crushing the flowers. Basically, to be adding a bit more flowers around their legs and feet (but I don't know if that would make things too heavy or not in terms of content)

I like the idea of adding the pillars to lean against, and I'm also really fond of putting rubble in there to give some balance to the tranquility of the scene overall. On a side not, I'd be curious to know what you've got planned for lighting as well. Perhaps if you wanted to establish some walls in there for boundary purposes to help eliminate the feeling of such vast space, although I'd have to actually revisit the scene where that took place, cause my brain doesn't remember it all too well.

What about possibly including the Buster Sword and Aeris's staff somewhere in the background as well?

You know how I feel about moogles too! Maybe you should put in a few chocobos and have them gnawing on Cloud's hair too? : P

Signature Image

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

B4 adding color and light and you are still working on it, think about anatomics more. I have the feeling their legs are too short (especially if they are in front) and Aeris has too tiny body compared to her head. But I like the hair of both^_^
And yep- more flowers! flowers in front, flowers behind, petals floating. Make the romantic, but a bit sad and nostalgic feeling^_^
Oh, and if you want them be less out of the place- make shadows. They have to have influence on the BG.
I think the strongest point of this piece will be colour and good mysterious lighting, so we can think more when you start working on it. Good luck, I have a good feeling about it, wanted to do myself something similar long ago with Cloud, this church and flowers!^_^ very lovely theme for a piece!

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I agree with AnGeeChan about the proportions (and flowers!)... Aeris looks vertically challenged to me. ^_^;;

Signature Image

Thanks for the crits guys! I haven't started working on the background yet, but I tried to fix their proportions up. How's it looking?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/0oDarthTofuo0/inthechurch2.jpg

also all the requests for billions of flowers. Don't you guys know I'm lazy? XD /jk
lol in all seriousness, yes I will add more flowers as suggested, but I don't really like the idea of petals flying everywhere and being all romantic. Just not my style. I'M A MANLY BADASS.

@CyanideBlizzard The walls are not a bad idea in fact, and, well, I'm already straying from strict canon anyway so accuracy isn't too big a deal for me, though I don't want to completely make stuff up either.

@AnGeeChan Will do on shadows and lighting! ;) It's one of the few things I pay attention to, even when I'm lazy lolol.

@fireflywishes Awww, putting it that way makes Aeris sound adorable and I almost want to keep it. XD

edit: err…think I should move Aerith's head up a little bit. Make her a smidgen taller?
edit2: ok I've moved Aerith's head up and lengthened her neck. Nothing else…don't feel like uploading another pic and anyway I'm done for the night. No time to draw again until probably Saturday. Thanks again for your input so far, guys!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.