Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I really need help with my sketch... - Minitokyo

I really need help with my sketch...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

It's here

I thought making a copy paste to this scan for my bg. But I really don't want to do a nonunique work. So, please help me to improve the bg.

PS: And girl is swinging if you didn't understand :(

Epic fail :DSignature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

sadly it's giving me an error message each time I try to open the scan image that you want to put in the background so I can't really help much, but thus far the swinging girl is looking pretty good. it would look good with a depressing style background in my opinion. I don't know if it's the url or my system blocking it but I can't view the background to help you any further :(

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

I can see the image o.o
Anyway before trying to improve the background, you need to improve the girl anatomy :) It isn't a simple pose to do, so if you couldn't imagine it in the right way don't be afraid to use images like refer :) It's a good way to improve, too! Expecially whe you're at the beginning...
So first you could take a look in this part of MT gallery : Swing Theme Scans in order to have a better idea of how you can do a girl on a swing :)
Then for the background....you could start copy it like is in the photo, then you can cancel somethings and add some of yours...for example you add a littlr bridge on the stream...:)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

now I can see the image, like I stated I don't know if it was an error on my end or the site wasn't behaving at the moment, at any rate, now that I see them both, what would look interesting, in my opinion, have a ghostly image of the girl swinging or not color her in at all, or a silhouette of the girl, but this is your piece after all. and like raff suggested adding more detail to the background causes it to be more and more of yours. or, another idea comes to mind, adding color to the tears and leaving the girl a simple girl, silhouette and so forth? every time I try to envision colors to the girl I just can't, to me it would make it look too busy with certain colors, like a bright color layout with such a bright background. hope that these are of some help to you, can't wait to see the updates :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

I think that you're starting at a difficulty level that is too high for you. I admire your gumption, but you need to go back to the basics and study up on anatomy. I started drawing the same way you did, I skipped learning how to really do it and just tried to draw from my head, beginning the drawing at an improper point. It caused my drawings to look strange, ill-proportioned, undetailed, and mostly I would just never finish them because I was disappointed with the outcome. I know that you desire to draw what you see in your mind, but if you want to have your drawings be acceptable then you needs to learn how to draw each part and spend literally days and hours on one piece. I'm to the point now, after much practice, that I can draw in ink pens without having to sketch first.

Here are videos that show drawing process for people and backgrounds:
http://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley?feature=watch
http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/howtodraw/tutorials.html

Non-video tutorials:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/214/7/5/TUTORIAL__How_to_Draw_Anime_by_ember_snow.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/027/9/f/TUTORIAL__How_to_Draw_Manga_2_by_ember_snow.jpg

And remember, its OKAY to start by looking at other drawings and imitating them. Say you aren't sure how to draw a hand position.. well, google it! Like this: "How to draw hands" - Find a hand that looks like it will fit what you want, and imitate it! If you do things like this often enough.. you'll start to understand the anatomy and be able to draw by angle and proportions.
And you will get results like this: http://www.drawninblack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/what-i-do-is-secret-Hand-Sketches.jpg

Also, you can always go to your local bookstore and purchase all kinds of instructional books for drawing anime.

Good luck dear, and I don't mean to discourage you at all, I'm sure I've said that before.
I'm just giving you the advice that so many tried to give me and I never listened until I was almost too old to learn new tricks!

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

With help of jakuro's tutorials and everyone's advices it turned out like this

Any advices? I think it has finished but it may not :) And I stucked about bg...

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

i thinks that's good but i can't saw the source...
can you reupload it ?

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Oh, yes, i cant see it too now :(

By the way, I don't want to use it anymore. My new idea for bg is this: Girl is swinging on a wheel and the wheel is connected to a three with a chain and the tree hasn't got any leaves. Girl is in an empty grass garden that surrounded with long walls. But sky is able to be seen a little.

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

Quote by aurorawitchOh, yes, i cant see it too now :(

By the way, I don't want to use it anymore. My new idea for bg is this: Girl is swinging on a wheel and the wheel is connected to a three with a chain and the tree hasn't got any leaves. Girl is in an empty grass garden that surrounded with long walls. But sky is able to be seen a little.

oh i see,
i'll be waiting that..
:D

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

nice idea :) BUT I kinda think she's missing one hand.
Hmmm...some detailed shadings would make it better too.
Keep it up!

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.