Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About some scans I would like to upload - Minitokyo

About some scans I would like to upload

Tagged under Lupin III

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Hi! :D
I'm going to scan and upload some images from comics and artbooks that I have ^_^

But before I'll do it, I want to ask if I could upload some series that they aren't totally "japanese", instead of the fact that they're drawing with a "japanese style";

- first thing: I have this volume, called "LUPIN III: The HOLMES' VIOLIN" that it was drawing and dramatizing by two italians mangaka, with the authorization of Moneky Patch himself ( the original author of Lupin)...So I was wondering if it's okey to upload some images from this volume ( not more than 3 I think could be suitable with the rules) here on MT, despite the fact that this volume I think it's never published in Japan oo
In fact, the characters are all from Lupin, the story was approved by Punch, but it was written and drawn by italians oo...and I think it was published only in Italy >.<

- second thing: this is a story written and drawing by two italians (again XD), and pubblished first of all in France. But I discoreved recently that it was published in Japan (and a lot of other countries), too ( you can see the announcement in the one of canepa's blog (one of the author): Sky doll in Japan )
So, because I can upload a group of good images from these serie, would it be okay to create the tag of the serie, despite the fact the original story was made by italians, but the art is pretty "japanese" and it was published in Japan?

Let me now what to do :3 In the meanwhile I will scan others images that I'm sure that they can be here ^_^

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Hi Raffachan, I saw that no one has yet to reply in this thread, so I dunno if my 2 cents can help you.
For the first question
I think it can be submitted, coz that can be considered a doujinshi. But one thing I don't quite get is that it is authorized by Moneky Patch but never published in Japan?

I'm not sure in your second question.

If the scan mods didn't replied in this thread, you may approach them - PM one of them ^^

Signature Image

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by srsn Hi Raffachan, I saw that no one has yet to reply in this thread, so I dunno if my 2 cents can help you.
For the first question
I think it can be submitted, coz that can be considered a doujinshi. But one thing I don't quite get is that it is authorized by Moneky Patch but never published in Japan?

Yah...it's strange for me,too o.o
But at the end of the volume there is a short letter of Punch, in which he said he was really happy about this collaboration.
Anyway I think that the italian editor simply had the authorisazion to use his characters, and published these volumes.
Because I have only one, but they should be almost three.

Quote: I'm not sure in your second question.

If the scan mods didn't replied in this thread, you may approach them - PM one of them ^^

Yah, I think so :)

Thanks for reply anyway, srsn! ^.^

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Like srns said the first case would be ok. We allow non-asian artists if they draw manga style comics. So Lupin drawn by a non-asian artist is ok. But the second one is only acceptable if it is drawn in an obvious manga style. If it is something like Asterix, Watchmen or whatever then it won't be accepted. I just looked at the art of Sky Doll. It looks too american despite the big eyes. But let me get Fen's opinion, too. ;) Btw, we even have a tag for non-asian manga: OEL Manga

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

FIRST CASE: Okey!
SECOND CASE: Well this is one of the official gallery, if you want take a look:SkyDoll Slideshow; anyway they are the same authors for W.I.T.C.H. series, that it was published by Disney. But now they don't work for Disney anymore, and that's their current work.
Anyway I think it's pretty "manga style" , a little particular, but "manga" XD They're famous for that style of them...
However...tell me what do you think about ^_^

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

I'm going to have to agree with mado on the Skydoll cause it does look too cartoonish in my opinion. I'm afraid it won't be acceptable here on Minitokyo.

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Okey :) I uploaded the Lupin's scans in the meanwhile, I hope that are okey ;)

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.