Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Natsume Yuujin-Chou is licensed! - Minitokyo

Natsume Yuujin-Chou is licensed!

Tagged under Natsume Yuujinchou

page 1 of 1 12 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-30/nis-america-to-release-natsume-yujin-cho-anime

FINALLY! How stoked are you about this news? Apparently NIS has licenses to ALL 4 SEASONS! I cannot wait.

BEST WAY TO START 2012~!

Signature Image

Would you recommend this anime to me?
Seems a bit like Mushishi after reading the article.. an anime I did not really enjoy.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Mmmmm... it may not be up your alley Al. No big action sequences/battles or romance (ie: no fanservice/hot girls)... It's definitely got more humor than Mushishi--- It may be worth watching the first episode to see how you like it?

Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

^-^ theres roomers for lots of others too i herd little busters is getting an anime but i really dont know that roomer has been around for a while

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

but wait, what does getting a license mean? I mean is it like the issue with manga scanlations? - you know the one when a manga is licensed, some scanlating team stop scanlating it?

Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

it meens its getting a licence to be dibbed in another language in this case its going to be dubbed in english for showing and sale in the US and canada

??????
Signature

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Basically what Lucia said Ash. Licensing can be good and bad depending what on what you're looking at.

Yes, licensing can be bad if you depend on scanlators to provide you with free content. Once a series is licensed oftentimes scanlation groups will receive "cease and desist" letters from the company, or their policy may just say "we don't carry licensed series".

Licensing is GOOD if you're a diehard fan and have been waiting for a way to legitimately support the mangaka-- I've been buying the manga volumes despite reading them online, and I plan to buy the boxsets despite already having 3 seasons on my harddrive already.

Signature Image

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

So meaning in the case of an anime - it's being dubbed in english huh. Not too sure if I'll find english voice actors good though.....

Signature Image

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Well, Cy linked me to the Kimi ni Todoke version that NIS released on rightstuf, and it looks like they seem to just release Japanese language track with optional English subs. (which is AWESOME)

Signature Image

evelluchia

evelluchia

^-^ personally im glad that its being licenced because it supports the original people who made it ^-^ and that meens more anime ^-^

??????
Signature

awkwardusername

awkwardusername

(」・ω・)」うー!

@evelluchia: seriously? little busters? as anime?

O:

I bet, KyoAni is going to take that.

Signature Image
Wordpress | Tumblr
Then what role am I to play in this farce? Should I be the slave? The villager? The knight? The protagonist? No, I am them all! A hero who’s role is to consume everything in sight, dancing while tearing the theater apart. A drama. A drama whose audience is the drama itself.

Quote by fireflywishesMmmmm... it may not be up your alley Al. No big action sequences/battles or romance (ie: no fanservice/hot girls)... It's definitely got more humor than Mushishi--- It may be worth watching the first episode to see how you like it?

Thank you! I will see the first ep. then. I mean, I'm not always about the ecchi fanservice stuff....
OKAY I'm fooling myself.... I am all about the ecchi fanservice stuff! BUT, I will see the first ep. of Natsume Yuujin-chou.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.