Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The scariest anime universe to live in - Minitokyo

The scariest anime universe to live in

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I guess the subject here is out of all the anime you've seen (or manga you've read) which one, if it were real, would be a horrible place to actually live? I mean, anime has so many crazy things going on in them sometimes: giant robots, monsters, magic, demons and god-like people. I suppose at first glance some would seem awesome to be in with characters flying around and shooting fire out of where-ever, but if you had to actually live in any particular anime universe, which would be the one you would least want to be in? Make sense?

Personally I think maybe the 'The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya'

I can't help but think of a certain Twilight Zone episode when I watch Haruhi. An episode with a concept very much like the anime, where a child has god like powers...but in the Twilight Zone, this child is aware of his powers and is pretty malicious.

Everyone has to go about with big fake smiles, 'thinking happy thoughts' and always praising the child, even when he's doing something wrong. For instance the child makes it snow in the middle of the Spring, ruining all the crops, but everyone tells the child 'it's good that you did that.'

I just can't help but think that Kyon and everyone aware of Haruhi's power would have to spend the rest of their lives dedicated to Haruhi and appeasing her or hiding her powers from her, lest the Twilight Zone scenario happen, lol. And that's not even mentioning the powers of beings like Yuki and such. :P

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Aw Haruhi acts like a insane brat but she's a reasonable person really -3-
Where's awk...?

I'll probably have to hide from the fangirls but I think Hetalia would be the scariest anime world to live in. Not so much the all the traps just the massively messed up history .__.

btw thanks for actually putting in the effort to make threads Legionary ^_^V
I won't go into what I think of MT's policy of closing all threads 4 weeks a 1 second old.

awkwardusername

awkwardusername

(」・ω・)」うー!

Actually, if you read the rest of the Suzumiya Haruhi series, you could see Haruhi more logical than she appears. After all, she was on the top of her class.

IMHO, with regards to what has happened so far, if Haruhi were to realize her own potential as god, or an evolutionary data entity (XD), that would be very interesting.

Also, I would prefer to live in a world like that! That ain't near boring at all!

BTW, with regards to the thread topic, the scariest anime world to live in for me might be of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Stuck in a world where you die whichever route you take, repeating the world indefinitely, memories erased and refreshed in the process. You may not be conscious of it, but it is the world i least preferred to live in. also, yandere lolis are not my type. i prefer them tsun. then, dere-dere. :D

PS: Sorry. I'm quite dedicated to her (Haruhi) after all. *smirk.

Usagi-chan: GJ. That explains why Haruhi kept muttering things to me earlier about something i don't really understand. XD

Signature Image
Wordpress | Tumblr
Then what role am I to play in this farce? Should I be the slave? The villager? The knight? The protagonist? No, I am them all! A hero who’s role is to consume everything in sight, dancing while tearing the theater apart. A drama. A drama whose audience is the drama itself.

I'd probably have to say the universe of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni off the top of my head, lol.

I mean...could you imagine all those witches (but hot witches XD), demons, etc (especially with constant psycho faces), yet very brilliant while using such things for their own sick games where you and everyone else around you tend to die in some horribly gruesome way, not knowing who exactly to trust, what to do, how to stop it, etc? x_x;;

Couple that with the types of powers those witches/demons have as well...

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by awkwardusernameActually, if you read the rest of the Suzumiya Haruhi series, you could see Haruhi more logical than she appears. After all, she was on the top of her class.

IMHO, with regards to what has happened so far, if Haruhi were to realize her own potential as god, or an evolutionary data entity (XD), that would be very interesting.

Acutally, I have read 5 of the books and a half of the 6th and she seems pretty crazy throughout, regardless of her intelligence, lol.

she's unusually jealous or angry (or concerned) if Kyon shows interest in anyone but her, and I guess even though she has moments of 'being nice'...well, that's the thing, they're just moments, lol, she's usually close minded to anything but her own amusement and all her 'friends' live almost solely just to appease her.
I think in the sixth book, Koizumi even says he wishes for a time when he doesn't have to play the polite guy anymore, but because that's what Haruhi likes, he has to continue being polite all the time.
Sounds rough to me. Interesting, I agree, but rough. ^^;

Quote by UsagixKitsunebtw thanks for actually putting in the effort to make threads Legionary ^_^V

*high five*

Signature

awkwardusername

awkwardusername

(」・ω・)」うー!

Quote by "Legionary"Acutally, I have read 5 of the books and a half of the 6th and she seems pretty crazy throughout, regardless of her intelligence, lol.

you haven't read far. :D I'm quite agitated to read the entirety of 9 and 10 now.

Quote by "Legionary"I think in the sixth book, Koizumi even says he wishes for a time when he doesn't have to play the polite guy anymore, but because that's what Haruhi likes, he has to continue being polite all the time.

ha. if spoilers weren't a bad thing. Anyways, look forward to the latter books, especially the 9th. you'll get why i quoted this one.

Signature Image
Wordpress | Tumblr
Then what role am I to play in this farce? Should I be the slave? The villager? The knight? The protagonist? No, I am them all! A hero who’s role is to consume everything in sight, dancing while tearing the theater apart. A drama. A drama whose audience is the drama itself.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by awkwardusername

Quote by "Legionary"A(...) I have read 5 of the books and a half of the 6th and she seems pretty crazy throughout, regardless of her intelligence, lol.

you haven't read far. :D I'm quite agitated to read the entirety of 9 and 10 now.

Quote by "Legionary"I think in the sixth book, Koizumi even says he wishes for a time when he doesn't have to play the polite guy anymore, but because that's what Haruhi likes, he has to continue being polite all the time.

ha. if spoilers weren't a bad thing. Anyways, look forward to the latter books, especially the 9th. you'll get why i quoted this one.

There's several more books? Where'd/how'd you read them?

The sixth book was the latest to be released on Amazon at least.
I just hope I'm still into the Haruhi books by the time they actually come out, ha.

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

One word: Berserk. Those who saw it/read manga know what I'm talking about. ._.

Signature

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Quote by Legionary
Personally I think maybe the 'The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya'

I can't help but think of a certain Twilight Zone episode when I watch Haruhi. An episode with a concept very much like the anime, where a child has god like powers...but in the Twilight Zone, this child is aware of his powers and is pretty malicious.

Everyone has to go about with big fake smiles, 'thinking happy thoughts' and always praising the child, even when he's doing something wrong. For instance the child makes it snow in the middle of the Spring, ruining all the crops, but everyone tells the child 'it's good that you did that.'

Going off of how freaky that Twilight Zone episode was as well as how selfish Haruhi tended to be in the anime, I'm inclined to agree.

I would also be afraid to live in the universe of DURARARA. I mean, it seems like you wouldn't be able to take five steps without getting caught in the cross-fire between Shizuo and Izaya. I'd constantly be afraid of being hit with a stop sign or something. XP

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by alenasOne word: Berserk. Those who saw it/read manga know what I'm talking about. ._.

This completely.

Especially with how the series progresses, that's certainly a world I wouldn't want to be apart of without some serious combat training.

Signature Image

darkkrisna

darkkrisna

Nemesishorizon

Berserk, Gantz,(the exact same reason as above) higurashi no naku koro ni (i dont want to repeat killing my friend for countless time), and alot more gruesome series like elfen lied,when the segulls cry all that wold will drive you insane in 1 week

Man proposes. God disposes.
Signature

awkwardusername

awkwardusername

(」・ω・)」うー!

Quote by "Legionary"There's several more books? Where'd/how'd you read them?

The sixth book was the latest to be released on Amazon at least.
I just hope I'm still into the Haruhi books by the time they actually come out, ha.

I read the fan made translations (formerly held by baka-tsuki). But yeah, do buy the books.

Also, I wouldn't want to live in GUILTY;CROWN. Aside from Ouma Shuu being a total asshole (although he got more creds this latest ep), a virus/genome/entity, being spread airbourne, and if affected, can turn you into crystals in no time, is not nice at all.

Signature Image
Wordpress | Tumblr

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

I wouldn't want to live in the Claymore world! O_O There are constant youko and many people being killed and all that!
But besides that, the claymore's themself are cool :P

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

iplayfate

iplayfate

This is not a vector space.

Well....even scarier than the above mentioned, I would say a Boys Love Hentai anime. Oh FUUU that would suck (I'm a guy btw).

My scariest, gotta be Elfen Lied. I really wouldn't want Lucy mad.

david16

david16

Gao!

Definitely, Higurashi no naku koro ni!

The intro is very creepy plus Rena takes the cake when it comes to psychotic killer! :P
And the paranoia that is forced onto the viewer, it is quite creepy especially the first arc!

I would say the world of Elfen Lied, the show gave me chills. But I seriously wouldn't want to live anywhere near a crazy psychopath with multiple invisible arms that could chop my head off in less than a second.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Gantz. Hands down.

Seriously, wtf Hiroya Oku... esp. the Buddhist Temple alien mission.

Signature Image

blood C

those bunny monster look alike that catch people and bland them was creepy

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

I guess i'm not the only one who would say this,but it's ANOTHER!
I just don't want to live in an anime/world where I or someone from my family might die any moment because of a curs or such..and i mean dying in a very awful ways ("even though in my country,this is already happening")!
also,more than that....there is the "very cold" atmosphere they are living in,it's like they have no life and no reason to be happy or being a living been(and it's true!)
So My Point Is....I Don't Want To Live There and It's Scary Enough To Live Without Life!.

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Deadman Wonderland and Highschool of the Dead. Both worlds are pretty messed up. Although the thought of an actual zombie apocalypse is quite interesting to me. However prison death matches do not appeal to me, but Deadman was an awsome anime none the same.

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

Izoto

Izoto

Kawaii as fuuu

I'm going with Berserk.

xChibiSakura

xChibiSakura

[Vampire Lover]

Quote by AlistareDeadman Wonderland and Highschool of the Dead. Both worlds are pretty messed up. Although the thought of an actual zombie apocalypse is quite interesting to me. However prison death matches do not appeal to me, but Deadman was an awsome anime none the same.

I think any universe with a zombie apocalypse going on would be hella scary to live in, lol xD

Personally, I'd hate to live in the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni universe. Being trapped in an eternal loop of tragedy, fear and suspicion would really suck, lol.

aniimel

aniimel

七転び八起き

i wouldn't ever like to live in the world of Shingeki no Kyojin
:S
so scary!

I should move forward, even if it’s only one step.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.