Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why was the 64 word limit even enforced? - Minitokyo

Why was the 64 word limit even enforced?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

You know I have YET to even see that even occur at all, so fill me in here? What the hell happened to it?

Cause as far as I can tell you've basically put up a rule that either has been by-passed (Which I don't really understand why) or else no one simply cares. Which makes me wonder what happened to it. So I'm a bit clueless I was hoping the mods or possibly the admin, Sheqel, himself could inform me on what happened. I'd just like to know since I myself have been trying to meet that limit and if its been terminated for now, why the hell do I keep trying?

Thats all, just a simple amount of saving time and simple knowledge.

Anyways ANY enlightment would be nice.

Thanks and have yourselves a wonderful day.

-Cy.

Signature Image

Oh! That's because Sheq didn't want people to post stuff like
"Cool!" or "nice wall :) " in walls. Also, people couldn't just
say kawaii but I still see people put kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :sweat:

EDIT: Paolo please read the rules before posting. If you know post. Otherwise don't post.

Well, as long as we don't lose their posts, we'd probably try lots of things to ensure that doesn't happen.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

demo demo whyyyyy the number 64 v.v'' sho unfair have to type sho much waaaii~~

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

I still think the 64 character rule should be strictly enforced and posts/comments like
kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii:) reported and eventually deleted... cause after all the threads are not a chat box, neither the gallery comments should be a way to gain stupid levels... *angry*
we are waiting Sheqel...

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Good point Bliz actually i was wonderin this maiself i'm shock no1 has put this thread up until now Lol. But i guess they wanted to limit the people to make 2 letter posts & probably make it more harder to get lvls? Who kno's i to want to find out maiself.

yea i see what yall mean........if u ask me i think MT has to many rules.....no offense....^-^'

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Exactly. I mean I can understand for certain scans....and NO SPAMMING...Espically using repetative words.. I think it should be actual definations, or at least someone should put the effort to put at least ten words into an ecchi scan. I mean I know ALOT of people know little to no English.. But theres no excuse for just "cute" or "Sexy" comments. I was really happy to hear about this, sure its alot of comments. But I was happy to see them actually wanting to take action. I haven't even seen anything remotely close to this taken place, it looks like one big joke to me. I know MT isn't like a "nazi enforcement" type thing for rules. But I haven't even seen an attempt other than the first two days after the topic was made about the rule.

EDIT - Kasumi, honestly MT has like NO rules. Seriously compared to other forums MT is so laid back with the way they do things its not even funny. No joke either I could pull up a few sites right now that I know of off the top of my head that are so strict that you'll get banned just for not complying with the rules the FIRST POST.

Signature Image

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I usually dont have any problems meeting the 64 requirement, but sometimes a :) :) :) :) :) is need when you run out of what to say. Also I see some ppl post only a couple words and nothing else. How come they were able to post like that? I seen akina spirit(spelling?) do it all the time.

Signature

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

Best wishes can be expresed in a few words ( wise advice ). I agree with all recomendations you say.
Specially to gain level, or chat, yes this is pointless. better use the shoutbox to do that.
But I think it is a little excesive 64 char. I see bots too they allways say the same thing, again, and again...
Personal opinion indeed.
Thanks for listen to me.
Cheers.

DarkEVO

DarkEVO

The Evolving Artist

I have no idea about the 64 word fill rules. I just type out whatever I think.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Quote by DarkEVOI have no idea about the 64 word fill rules. I just type out whatever I think.

Try type 'cool!' and you'll see something....offending.

At least tone down the characters limit by half, at least

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

I just think that 64 characters ish too much, maybe 20ish or sho..dunno or I'm just weird. hwo about 45 v.v'

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Quote by broken-dreamzI just think that 64 characters ish too much, maybe 20ish or sho..dunno or I'm just weird. hwo about 45 v.v'

yaaaay, youre right!! 64 are tooo much.... :'-(
because its so difficult to find nice words when you are not good in english... ^_^'
thats one of my problems....

Signature Image

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Come on guys... 64 characters isn't that much. Its this many words infact

Well, characters really. It's only characters, that the keys on your keyboard, not words. I don't have to type the rest of this for it to be able to post, I could only type the stuff above. But I love the 64 limit. I used to get notifications on wallpapers and I'd be like "Kool, I wonder what this guys got to say about my wall", only to find out they said "nice wall", "cool" or "sexy". Complete waste of my time reading it. Not to mention that everyone who sends comments like that are under level 10.

However, I have noticed that some underlimit posts have been made, or people do a Cathead17 scan description (read: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(...) But, if you don't know English that well, and would really like to comment on a wall or scan (I know this is a bit out of the way), web programs like Babel Fish are really handy.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

why was the 64limit enforced? simple answer is: because there were too many one word spammers

And i intend to follow my words about banning repeated offenders who posts stuff like: niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Signature

i've had that problem a few times but it makes sense that they put it cuz if not people would just type completely stupid stuff on here just to go up levels and download scans and stuff. and nobody wanted to read KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIii on and on now do they?

Signature

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Quote by Osiriswhy was the 64limit enforced? simple answer is: because there were too many one word spammers

And i intend to follow my words about banning repeated offenders who posts stuff like: niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Great to hear Osi! I'll be sure to report them if I come across them.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

hahaha! I've seen those "iiiiiiii" stuff. I've done one thing similar. That is when I submitted my Freedom wallpaper. I did "Dot dot dot dot dot dot". Mainly because I didn't feel like bragging over it since I didn't really like it... but I wanted to see what other people thought...

i only don't like the 64 limit when I'm posting in guestbooks or spamming in the SPAM Lounge.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

it's not that long..
i like this system
it will make ppl here to think before they act/write.

also more protection from spammers.

see not that long u know.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

u guys r such whiners....geeez.....stop whining >=P

anyway.....NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(...) oh *runs away*

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by Osiriswhy was the 64limit enforced? simple answer is: because there were too many one word spammers

Has the new rule been included in the FAQ?

Also where does the rule apply? To everything (Forum, fanart, scans, walls) or just to like Walls and the forum (Since scans are kinda difficult to, unless you go into little things about them).

Cause I mean I haven't seen a single change in how people post, no offense I don't mean to be a narc or anything like that I'm just curious about how MT enforces its rules. I know MT isn't something to be messed with, you try to bite the hand and the hand'll slap you up, that I know. But it seems there isn't too much of a change.

Yes I agree for quite a few people (Well for me I use to make comments like theses about other peoples work at art shows, so this is nothing, I remember I use to write like a page worth of text.....try that on for size =P) its not very easy, more of challenging for some to write that much. But nonetheless should the amount of text vary for ceratin things?

Lets say since scans they are a bit more difficult, and since I doubt really anyone will comply with that, that you give it like a ten word limit. Leave the 64 for walls (Seriously you can go WELL beyond that amount) and etc...

I don't know but I've just been curious cause I myself still see quite a bit of the same as before (didn't expect it to change immediately) but I was just wondering about the MT staff motive on this. Thank you Osi for replying and thank you everyone else for voicing your opinion.

Signature Image

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I don't even understand what you're trying to tell me in the first post.

You say it is 'bypassed'? Tell me about it.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Well its like the rule was enforced, but it hasn't really changed anything. I know things take time and since I'd say roughly half to one-fourth of MT English isn't their best language, of course I was happy about it cause its a good way to eliminate spam (Just means you gotta watch out for people who try to 'cheat the system') and it also gives people a chance to be more creative. Something _I_ personally wish I would of considered in the past.

Wow.....Why the hell did I put bypassed...I must of either had a shut down where my brain should be or else I just choice to let my fingers take over my body. Well anyways I'll re-word it.

In a nut shell, I pretty much saw

-Rule enforced
-Some people complain, others rejoice
-A few members make an effort to change
-Few more make efforts to then 'bypass', rather get around the rules by comming up with other means.
-The rest either don't know about it, or don't really care and just continue to do what they did before.

I mean its not like I doubt that MT can't enforce rules. I've seen plenty of proof that you guys (and girls) do NOT mess around and hence the reason why this community is in such great shape. Something I personally never had very much luck with. I was just wondering if the rule was on stand-by or if something changed or anything.

Basically just a bit confused on the matter.

Signature Image

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.