Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do you do when you can't sleep? - Minitokyo

what do you do when you can't sleep?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

long story short its almost 1am where i'm at and i can't sleep... so what do you do when you can't sleep or do you have any advice for me?

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

For me, I usually fall asleep listening to music, so if that's out of the ordinary for you, you might want to try it, unless you think that it would potentially make it worse D:
Of course, that's what I do every night, not just when I can't sleep...

If I can't sleep, I either
1.Just lay there until I sleep anyways
2.Try to daydream and think about different thingies while I'm awake

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Quote by LeafsapphireFor me, I usually fall asleep listening to music, so if that's out of the ordinary for you, you might want to try it, unless you think that it would potentially make it worse D:
Of course, that's what I do every night, not just when I can't sleep...

If I can't sleep, I either
1.Just lay there until I sleep anyways
2.Try to daydream and think about different thingies while I'm awake

i do all of the above and none of it helps... i have too much on my mind it seems

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Maybe get a drink of something warm and soothing? Or maybe you need to tell somebody about what's on your mind?

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Quote by LeafsapphireMaybe get a drink of something warm and soothing? Or maybe you need to tell somebody about what's on your mind?

the person i normally talk to is sleeping or working late and no i'll wake my parents

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Ummm... Maybe read a book while laying down?

nope..... i just can't sleep tonight

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Awww.... Maybe grab a teddy bear or something? Or maybe you need some extra pillows or blankets?

tried like everything and i have a plush bunny XD

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I'm jealous of your plush bunny D:
Sounds cute <3

Ummm, perhaps maybe... Doing a small bit of exercise?

lazy and my cat is my room mate XD

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Awww, kitty... Maybe cuddle with your cat?

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

what i do is do some cleaning around the house or if its a nice night ill go outside and look at the stars if it isent too cold or use headphones and watch anime

i usually take a warm bath and then drink something like warm milk or something like that or maybe milk tea ^-^ it usually makes me pass rite out hehe

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Worst thing to do is think about anything or do anything strenuous (like exercise) if you're trying to sleep. It stimulates the brain... and it's hard to sleep with all those electric signals firing in your brain.

Best thing I've found is to really focus on your breathing. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind. Deeply breathe in and out slowly. Relax your body.

For me, I also play really slow music (a lot of Kokia and instrumentals). Make a special sleepy playlist. ^_^ However, I must add that music doesn't work for everyone.

Signature Image

Quote by fireflywishesWorst thing to do is think about anything or do anything strenuous (like exercise) if you're trying to sleep. It stimulates the brain... and it's hard to sleep with all those electric signals firing in your brain.

Best thing I've found is to really focus on your breathing. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind. Deeply breathe in and out slowly. Relax your body.

For me, I also play really slow music (a lot of Kokia and instrumentals). Make a special sleepy playlist. ^_^ However, I must add that music doesn't work for everyone.

cool thanks

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

For me, I watch or read anime related stuff first... kinda like my bed time story. If I don't have one, I listen to my ipod to sleep for lullaby.

Signature Image

If i can't sleep, I usually..
1. Listen to a sleepy playlist (or just any type of music), but like firefly said, that doesn't work for everyone.
2. Read by a dim light until my eyes just can't take it and decide to close themselves.
3. Completely surround myself by stuffed animals or pillows =w=
4. Drink warm milk with honey, cream, and some nutmeg in it-- Actually, any warm drink with milk in it works for me. Sometimes i drink decaf coffee with lots of half&half in it.
5. I have a light in my room that I can set to dim itself and turn off within a certain amount of time, and it usually gets me to sleep a while before it goes off. But that's probably unique to me because I don't know anyone else with that type of light..
6. Take a warm bath.
7. Lay absolutely still until my body decides to go to sleep because it's not doing anything anyway.
8. If all else fails, I take sleep medicine, but I wouldn't recommend that because you don't want to become reliant on medicine to help you sleep.

Oh, and sometimes if I go swimming earlier in the day, I fall asleep faster, but I don't know why.
I hope something from this list will help you..

Quote by LadyTextaholicIf i can't sleep, I usually..
1. Listen to a sleepy playlist (or just any type of music), but like firefly said, that doesn't work for everyone.
2. Read by a dim light until my eyes just can't take it and decide to close themselves.
3. Completely surround myself by stuffed animals or pillows =w=
4. Drink warm milk with honey, cream, and some nutmeg in it-- Actually, any warm drink with milk in it works for me. Sometimes i drink decaf coffee with lots of half&half in it.
5. I have a light in my room that I can set to dim itself and turn off within a certain amount of time, and it usually gets me to sleep a while before it goes off. But that's probably unique to me because I don't know anyone else with that type of light..
6. Take a warm bath.
7. Lay absolutely still until my body decides to go to sleep because it's not doing anything anyway.
8. If all else fails, I take sleep medicine, but I wouldn't recommend that because you don't want to become reliant on medicine to help you sleep.

Oh, and sometimes if I go swimming earlier in the day, I fall asleep faster, but I don't know why.
I hope something from this list will help you..

next time i'm trying the warm drink trick....

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Kan-tastic

Kan-tastic

Grind.

What DON'T I do when I can't sleep? Which happens quite frequently....

I can't stay here with every single hope I had shattered...

Quote by Kan-tasticWhat DON'T I do when I can't sleep? Which happens quite frequently....

nice... glad i'm not alone

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Lol.. sorry I took up so much space in the thread by the way :P

Quote by LadyTextaholicLol.. sorry I took up so much space in the thread by the way :P

its all good no worries

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Can't sleep no matter what I do. I just stay awake till my body can't take it anymore and just fall into a fitful slumber.
Well , a couple 'o beers always help but I try not to drink if I could help it.

Quote by z827Can't sleep no matter what I do. I just stay awake till my body can't take it anymore and just fall into a fitful slumber.
Well , a couple 'o beers always help but I try not to drink if I could help it.

lol nice

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.