Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 delete of scans - Minitokyo

delete of scans

Tagged under Shingeki no Kyojin

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

why you guys delete those cover scans of vol 3 and 5 ?

cover vol 3 by LA1431995
cover vol 3 by LA1431995 and cover vol 5 by LA1431995
cover vol 5 by LA1431995

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

They looked decent in the thumbnails, but when I gave them a closer look, I saw a bunch of JPEG or 'compression' artifacts.

Compression artifacts are a noticeable lowering/distortion of quality. For instance, if I have a very heavy graphics scan that's around 4mb and I want to make the file size lighter, I would compress it so it'll be 1MB, or lower. If I do it just right, the image is the same dimension, but smaller in size - and has the same sharp quality. If it's compressed too much, artifacts appear and distort the quality, making it undesirable for many.

Here's a picture example of what I mean: [here] (the left image is low in quality, but the right is how crisp it should look.)

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

What solemnserpent says, its poor quality due to jpeg artifacts.

Really?

I find it hard to recognize all of that...

btw, thanks

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.