Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 So love is.. - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

.. the most difficult question to answer right? A lot of people have no idea what love really is any more, or what is the point of loving. Which is why some people love with the head and some with the heart. How is this possible you ask? Well it really depends very much on the individual but that's beside the point.
No I'm not making this thread because of the rumor that someone in here dumped me, although I am spray-painting Firefly's car.

So this argument usually has 2 arguments:
> Love is real because I've felt it, seen it, and know it.
> Love is unreal because it breaks as easily as it comes.
Short and easy to understand. Lots of meaning when you read deep into it.

But because mankind fails with english language we get a lot of definitions and end up like this:
> Love is real because I love my wife.
> Love is real because my parents wont love me if it wasn't.
> Love is real because without love, bible dont exist.
> Love is unreal because girlfriend stole my car when I loved her.
> Love is unreal because I have love for someone but at same time I dont.
> Love not real because I have yet to feel.

Too much uncertainty in section above ^
Then we move on to people's thoughts on why or what love could mean, but since there's too many saying some things but using different words, I'll take 2 which I personally think has more meaning ~>
> No one can really tell you the true definition of love. Love is so many things we might never get to know about.We can never know what someone else's love is for another, or why we may stay with someone when they hurt you to the point of no return.... you can only say it was love.

or

>You care about the other person and there needs and wishes above yourself..Its not about you its about them. Love isnt selfish..You always put the other first because it is the way of the heart. It can be there or it can't, it can be strong or it can be weak. Such is the way of your ever changing emotions, such is the way of love.

Everyone has their own definition of it, anyone can say that.
Love and its feeling should be kept personal, because everyone love differently. Anyone can also say that.
But what Im interested in.. is what exactly people think it to be in this century.
Love and many other words and acronyms have changed since they were first discussed in 1757.

Ideas?
Btw my opinion is that love is felt only when found and cannot be explained to understanding because love is a personal thing. +1
I also want to add poll but people will think I'm trolling lol

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

So I'll go off into my own tangent here, because why not share personal opinions with random people on the internet. Let's do this!

One of my biggest confusions with developing feelings, and love in general, is the constant notion that in order for like and/or love to exist, two individuals must maintain physical affection. Now maybe this stems from the fact that I never really dated and been in only a few relationships before, but for myself the concept of needing to have physical contact to solidify something is just simply a notion created by the masses. Sort of like what's cool and what isn't.

I completely understand that for some, that constant physical bond is necessary in order to maintain affection, or in order to grow. For myself, it's actually a lesser primary need. I do believe that physical interaction is more than necessary, or in a case like with long-distance relationships, physical contact is an absolute must for something to blossom. However, to the same regard, I think that too much of the physical also disrupts the balance, but being a guy that's never had good luck with women where I've lived I can't exactly say that. I can say, though, is that I'd much rather sit down and have a conversation with someone and get to know more about them than simply focus on skinship in the early part of the "falling in love" process.

I suppose upon the overall it's really like you stated, love is an undefined concept that is simply colored by each individual based upon their experiences. While we may have like minds and standards based upon personal beliefs and such, ultimately no two individuals would share the exact definition of love. Regardless of belief.

Signature Image

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

As a Christian, I usually look to the following description for characteristics of love:

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - 1 Cor 13:4-7 I think that pretty much speaks for itself without needing me to ramble or explain it.

That said, there are a few more things that I personally believe about love:
1) It's as much a choice as it is a feeling. While I don't deny attraction is important, you can't just get a warm fuzzy feeling and expect everything to work out alright-people have to make a conscious effort to maintain a healthy relationship with another person, because feelings alone aren't always very reliable. (This is part of my theory as to why divorce rates are so high; from what I've seen people choose not to make things work out after marrying solely on feelings rather than determination to live with the other person)

2)To me, love also entails being able to be yourself openly with both your good traits and your bad ones. If people really love you, you should be able to be as quirky as you want around them, and if it's a flaw you really need to fix, they'll help you fix it.

Ok, enough rambling on my part and back to Calculus. >.>

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Love is all about interacting. The more you interact with an object the more attached to it you become, as it is involved in your life more, and you are involved in it's. Ever hear humans are creatures of habit? Well there you go, get used to something enjoy it, interact with it, and then you will miss it when it's gone but you'll forget as the distance and interaction with it no longer available.

Though my personal opinion of love is someone you can't help but enjoying yourself immensely around.

Also, "love doesn't share itself with the world! Love is suspicious. Love is needy. Love is fearful. Love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!" - Bender

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

Love is like art. Different from each person but at the same time, universally the same.
I think its more of a feeling than anything.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

I've only ever seen love exist in anime.

I also like Distortion's answer.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Love is.....
Being fully aware of someone's flaws and still being able to look past them (but also not afraid to mention them) and enjoy their company.
Yup.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Love Is....
Something even Scientist or the most advance technology could never explain.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Love is a word we use to describe the way feel about someone or something, that goes far beyond just liking it. It is a real feeling that whether you know it or not 90% of the world has felt this way one time or another. If you say you haven't loved before you are either lying, stupid, or too young to appreciate fully comprehend what love is. Also to the people that claim they are too cold hearted, you are either lying to hide some past pain and are under the impression that you'll never love again, stupid, or trying to convince people on the internet that don't know you that you are some type of bad ass. And if by chance you are a person with no feelings what so ever and have no chance of changing then you don't even need to be alive in my opinion. People can love with out being "in love" in the boyfriend and girlfriend type of relationship. You don't need to be in a physical or emotional relationship with someone in order to share your love or feel loved. For example, I love music and I love sharing that music with others when I can. I can't imagine a day with out listening to something musical. I "like" cheeseburgers, but I "love" bacon cheeseburgers. It's delicious greasiness makes me feel all warm inside... but that could also just be a clogged artery. I love my parents. Even though we've not always gotten along i'd still be there if they need me for anything. Same with my friends I love and support my closest friends as if they were blood relatives. Do you love your family and friends? I love my dog Bree, I can't imaging not seeing her happy face and wagging tail every time I come home. I've also been in relationships where I truly, at the time believed I loved the girl I was going out with. Things didn't work out but after a while you get back in the game and try again. I see love in 3 parts: 1) the way you love your favorite food or type of music, 2) intimate love between a boyfriend and girlfriend or husband and wife or even a gay couple, 3)unconditional love the kind of love that a parent has for their child or the way I love my dog, after all I do consider my pets as part of my family.

How's that for an explanation? ^_^

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

Fujiupoma

Fujiupoma

Gyabo

I never could believe in love.Dunno why!

Subete wo te ni irete
Subete wo ushinatte

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.