Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Beck Mongolian Chop Squad - Minitokyo

Deletion of Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

Tagged under BECK

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8633/mongolianchopsquadretro.th.jpg

Quote by raymi,

The wallpaper you have submitted (Beck Mongolian Chop Squad) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality. For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or Sandbox.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
There are elements way too enlarged, especially in the background. The extraction needs improvement.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

First of all, hello!

Since leaving me the opportunity, I just defend my case.

First, the messages are very cold. No hello, and explanations are succinct and the moderator kept to a minimum ... Thank you for the respect of users ...

But hey, this is a detail. ;)

I want to understand why MT has become like that. If the moderator has seen my gallery, it can only point out a long way since I started. For this reason I have not participated for some time ... I wanted to upload work better, and God, let no one tell me that this wallpaper was below what I've posted a few years ago.

If the moderator believes my last job is crap, as it clears my account directly. How to balance progress if you live in the trash without thinking?

My wallpaper was not bad and deserved a little more thought, I think. I relied on the comments of MTs to further improve my vision and of course raise my level to highlight MiniTokyo ... Do I understand that by now it has become a lawless space for those who do not practice full-time graphic design?

I do not pretend to want to be part of the elite. I play with photoshop and find that I'm doing not too bad thanks to the advice received at each wallpaper I do.

In short, would it be possible to put my work online please? I think it is quite a place on MT, and in return, I will now systematically by the sandbox before an upload of my work.

Hope I talk well cause I don't have the opportunity to pratice my english everyday. ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Lol, the messages aren't 'cold' as you stated - we simply like to keep things concise and to the point; for any additional clarifications, this section of forum was created. ;) We also don't expect graphic expertise from our members or expect them to be graphic wunderkids but there are certain standards that need to be met.

As for the wallpaper in question, everything is pretty much okay except a few things that need to be improved and that were stated in the deletion message - first off, those blue swirls you used in the background (behind the character) look way too blurry and pixelated in places - especially those left and above the character - that's what was meant by 'elements way too enlarged' and that really takes away from the quality of the wall - pixelated, jagged, blurry and/or grainy elements are not desired in wallpapers and wallpapers containing them are deleted. As for the extraction - it also needs to be refined a bit more since those white pixels left of the extraction can still be seen around the character, especially around his pants and hair. With those details fixed, I believe the wallpaper would be perfectly acceptable.

Signature

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Okidoki

So, I will work again on those blue swirls... I think I will try to find another set of brushes in better quality.

For the extraction, I think I will work again on the character, perhaps, It's really difficult with my portable computer... Did you know any maneer to do this really properly please ? That's always be my weak point. I cut this character on a white backround with the magic wand set on 32 pixels

For the hair, there is no white pixels, I think it's a misunderstood due to the halftone effect on the background no? But I will try to act better and watch closely for improve that.

Thanks for your comments and for saying it's not so bad... In regard of my past works, I think there is an evidence that's a better work. :)

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Yeah, choosing good quality brushes is always a plus. As for the extraction tips, magic wand is not a very good tool for it because it's not usually precise - pen tool is the best tool for extracting things if you get the hang of it because it's a bit tricky for those who had never used it - Nysha made a very good tutorial which covers all you need to know about pen tool (vectoring, extracting) so you might want to check it out. If not with pen tool, you can always try with polygonal lasso tool - it won't get you the best results as pen tool but it's still better than magic wand. :3

Signature

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Wow!

There is a lot more to learn with this tuto...

With my bad english, I think it will take a LONG time for understanding everything, but anyways, I'm really glad to have this link.

Thanks for everything alenas, I will try my best to use the pen tool for extracting Koyuki properly this time.

Let's back to work!

PS: If it's not a disagrement for you, I 'm truly happy if you can criticize my other last work that I finished the last night.

The link to this wallpaper: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t71900

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.