Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 RedJuice wallpaper - Minitokyo

RedJuice wallpaper

Tagged under redjuice

page 1 of 1 14 total items

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Hello everyone!

I need to know what do you think about this wall.

I work on it in parallel with my last work that was deleted (hope to reupload soon after a little arrangements. ^^)

First, the scan I used: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/vectors/artists/redjuice

Thanks to dolce-yasmin for her work

The rest is just some textures and brushes I found some years ago on the net...

The wallpaper: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1610/hiddenbeauty1600x1000.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can't upload it on ImageShack on the original format 2560*1600 due to the size limitations.

Hope it will be sufficient for yours comments! :)

I think it's good like this. However, I want to improve my skills and have the agrement to post this wallpaper properly without any delete after. ^^

Thanks for your advices!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Uhm, I think this is a bit TOO over-filtered/textured to the point that the character is barely visible and she is supposed to the focal point of your wallpaper. For starters, I think you should reduce the saturation and overall amount of textures/brushes you used and then we'll see how it goes further.

Signature

darkkrisna

darkkrisna

Nemesishorizon

i agree with alenas the main image that you make this of , is not cleary visible also the colour you used for the image or the background need more work so it can be more beautifully done, i think that the on;y think i saw as problem here

Man proposes. God disposes.
Signature

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

I think the 2 people above have stated that it's too filtered or textured.
Here are some examples where texturization is used but not over filtered:
Oblivion [Time] by alenas
Oblivion [Time] by alenas
The Sword by Nyorai
The Sword by Nyorai
Toxicity by SolemnSerpent
Toxicity by SolemnSerpent
Another stranger >>>Me<<< by
	YoruAngel866
Another stranger >>>Me<<< by YoruAngel866
Cranes for Japan by flyindreams
Cranes for Japan by flyindreams

As you can see from the walls above, they are not overly filtered to the point that the character's are not visible anymore.
One side note though, just placing a finished vector (done by others) on top of a plain textured/ brush whore BG could get your work deleted - It could mean lack in quality, effort and concept. So I guess you'll need to think of some concept on what you want the wallpaper to look like, maybe add some typography. But we'll see what will happen first once you've done what alenas said.

Signature Image

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Well, I passed some time to make this new essay...

Hope it will be better. It's not easy to not overly filtered characters...

What's your advice with that's new try?

Oh and thanks everyone for your advices. :)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6486/hiddenbeauty21600x1000.th.jpg

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

The second posted version is an improvement, but I think the previous suggestions still apply - the red still needs to be less potent, it's still too saturated and strains the eyes, rather than offer a positive aesthetic quality. You don't have to keep the wallpaper 95% a solid red, you can dabble in other, subtle colors - like yellow/golden, green, etc as either highlights or colors evenly distributed to tie the elements of this closer. Also, you can try making the character less textured with the background more textured than the central scan, like this ---> x // But overall, I think the texture is too grainy/powerful on the wallpaper as well. I suggest checking out multiple textures, using many of them while experimenting with opacity, aim for grunge, but look at achieve some subtlety as well. Grunge can be tricky to pull off successfully, just like simplistic wallpapers - too much or too little in terms of substance/potency is always the question, and reaching a good balance is key.

Another thing that could be improved with the text - first, the text & words completely differs from the theme/style of the wallpaper. It says, 'Hidden Beauty', but the entire scope of the wallpaper is harsh/violent in atmosphere. Second, the style doesn't mesh well either; it's somewhat grungy, but the letters look too bubbly for the style of the wall; I suggest either foregoing the text, or opting to choose a more suitable font, and making the text a good accessory, rather than cumbersome ---> examples, x, x, x

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Thanks for advices!

I try to make some arrangements about the colours. What do you think about it like this?

For the title and police, I have think about it before and wait for finish the main part before doing it, however, thanks you for precise it. :)

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9418/hiddenbeauty3copy.th.jpg

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

The composition of this reminds me a lot to this redjuice especially seeing how you even used her vector lol. But yeah, the whole way how you placed the text and even put her on the center is just similar. Though 1600x1000 is an odd resolution, shouldn't it be 1600x1200 pixels?

At any rate, this is certainly an improvement but it's still very saturated. I think you need to lower down the oppacity of the red-green gradient because it throws down the overall quality of your wallpaper. I agree with Sol's comment regarding the text, the font you picked does not fit the theme, I suggest you looking for different fonts, either at DaFont or DeviantArt.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

That's my next improvement with your advices.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9862/hiddenbeauty4copy.th.jpg

I'm not totally satisfied with the police but I think it's a lot better than previously.

Finally I decide to make a sentence in french for title and especially because it's a lot more natural and convenient than english for me... I think the best translation is: Do not expect to be happy to smile, smile rather to be happy! ^^

A lot more suitable than Hidden Beauty isn't it?

For the over saturated, I think it's a lot more better, what did you think?

Well, I'll wait for your advices to ameliorate what it can be. Have a nice day!

PS: For the resolution, I can't upload my work on 2560*1600 on ImageShack because it's too bigger for a free account. I decide to chosse facility and made this work at this resolution on constrain proportions on photoshop... Don't know if it's the best choice, but I don't want to create some others problems of quality before this work was finished.

Sorry for my bad english, that's was a long time that I'm not writing or speaking in English, I hope I'm totally understandable.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The saturation isn't as bad as it was but something about this still screams 'too much' of colors. I'm not sure what might be it...perhaps you chose too bright colors or too strong ones. Have you tried reducing the opacity or fill of those layers? It still simply comes off as 'too strong' in colors and textures. Also, there is a texture on the girl that makes it look as if she's missing the right side of her chest, maybe you could remove or move it someplace else?

And of course, don't forget to put your signature to the bottom since walls without it risk deletion.

Signature

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Ok

I reduce again the opacity of my colours. Work a little more on the eyes and the smile. Add the part of the chest that was missing. And opacify a little my sentence.

Of course I add the sign, maybe if I want to wait that the work is approved to be posted before adding ^^

Thanks for all the comments. I hope it's better like that.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4325/hiddenbeauty7.th.jpg

PS: alenas, That's hard to use the pencil tool '-_- I have a lot to train before I correctly use it. ^^

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

i think the last is improved but i think the main image is still not very visible...

i hope it help..
i'm sorry, i'm not too proficient
:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

It is an improvement but it's still too saturated, lol. What blending mode is this one? Try to use a more subtle one and lower the opacity/fill if necessary. If that doesn't work, try using darker and more cooler shades of those colors you used - the brighter and lighter the colors are, the more saturated and strong they look when filtered through most blending modes.

Signature

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Hum...

I tried to reduce at maximum a lot of my filters and/or effects.

That's was hard because when I do that, Anothers problems appears. ^^

So, That's where I'm done Right now: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/hiddenbeauty8.jpg/

I think it's a lot better peraphs, I'm sure I can ameliorate some things but where? That's the question. ^^

merged: 02-13-2012 ~ 04:37pm
A little up for some little adjustements.

I think it's better like that but I think I have to work on the text placement... Maybe some advices will be good. :)

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/4019/hiddenbeauty9.jpg

Maybe I can accurate somethings too but I really don't know and after all these readjustements, I'm totally lost in front of my work... ^^

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.