Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 delete of indy art - Minitokyo

delete of indy art

Tagged under One Piece

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Quote by LA1431995,

The artwork/doujinshi you have submitted (Smoker) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It did not appear to be a finished piece of art. In-progress submissions are not allowed.
- It was digitized using a digital camera. Please scan your artwork.
- It did not meet the minimum standards for gallery submissions.
- It was a duplicate version of an existing piece in the gallery.

For help or feedback on your art, please refer to the Art section of the forum and/or the Sandbox .

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
The character itself isn\'t half bad, but the background is what makes this appear hastily done and somewhat low quality. If there is a way you can work on smoothing out the color blending I think it would be okay to re-submit it.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

Quote by LA1431995,

The artwork/doujinshi you have submitted (Rob Lucci) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It did not appear to be a finished piece of art. In-progress submissions are not allowed.
- It was digitized using a digital camera. Please scan your artwork.
- It did not meet the minimum standards for gallery submissions.
- It was a duplicate version of an existing piece in the gallery.

For help or feedback on your art, please refer to the Art section of the forum and/or the Sandbox .

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
I\'m not sure if DevMuro is the best program to use for gallery submissions. As with your other piece, this shows promise, but the tool you used to color in the brim of his hat (as well as the shading on his face) does not blend well and lowers the overall quality of your piece.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

My art isnt good enough...
Or what's the reason?
Could you tell me?

Thanks

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

The specific reason for deletion is covered in the "Additional information provided by the moderator" section; fix the low quality background for the first artwork and it will be safe for resubmission, and the second item deleted needs to have smoother coloring/shading- one example: if you notice the brims of the hat, the coloring is very jagged, the grays/blues don't blend with the white edges, and brings down the quality of the piece significantly.

The program you're using was mentioned as the possible cause of this, so as a suggestion, I think you should check out another program called GIMP - it's completely free and is popular among those (like myself) who can't afford Photoshop.

Also, if you'd like to make sure that your artwork is gallery ready before you submit it, and dodge the deletion bullet in the future, check out the Sandbox. It's a great section of the forums where members post their artwork/WIPs, and get useful critique from other members.

As a last note: the deletion was not a way of saying that your artwork is not good, just that certain elements can be improved to coincide with MT's gallery policies. If you'd like to better understand all of MT's gallery guidelines, check out the Policy & FAQ. Your artwork isn't bad; but certain methods can be improved. It's even mentioned in the first PM that the character looks fine, but it's the background that takes away from the piece, and the second PM, "As with your other piece, this shows promise". Having anything deleted isn't a pleasant thing, but I hope you'll be able to take best from this experience and using it as a motivator to create even higher quality artwork.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Thanks Sol, you've said everything I would have (and then some. ^_~). I just want to reiterate what Sol said, by no means is a deletion saying that your artwork is not good. Your artwork DOES show promise-- just needs those final touches. ^_^

I would definitely recommend getting some feedback in the Sandbox before submitting again. I wish that more members would take advantage of this part of the forum.

Signature Image

Thanks for the explanation :))
I've tried again

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.