Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 2012 the end of the world theory fake! - Minitokyo

2012 the end of the world theory fake!

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

halissin

halissin

this love this hate

2012 is here and theres alot of talk about the mayan calender and the world ending and what not...im really sick and tired of it because i belive nothing absolutely nothing is going to happened....so to see if other people felt the same i put this here and if you want to say something your free to write what you think about this.

alone in the dark faithless...a small spot of light floods the floor

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Well, the actual expected date hasn't actually arrived yet. Isn't it in May or something?

Anyways, I personally don't think that's when it will end. I mean, how many failed predictions have we had by now? And I really fail to see how a civilization not continuing a calendar means the world will end then. I don't know much Mayan history, but isn't it possible they decided they didn't care to go thousands of years ahead any further? Or maybe they fell before they could finish-in which case, their demise doesn't mean ours. Personally, as a Christian I think the world could end whenever-but not because the Mayans say so. //Just my two cents on the matter; again, I don't know a ton about the Mayans

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

It's supposedly in December of 2012 also I thought the Mayan calender renewed itself like how our clocks reset from 12:00 to 1:00 predictions are bound to be false if anything because we're too idiotic to predict our own demise in a neat timetable.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Adding to Dread's post, I thought it was December 21st (I only remember because that's the day before my 28th birthday... my friends all got a good laugh about it this year).

Like Snicker, I also believe that the Mayans probably just thought "Hey, I think we've gone long enough. We're not going to be around thousands of years from now so it's okay to stop here."

Though, if the end of the world does come... I want to go in the first wave. ^_~ I've read too many distopian novels about life after the "end of the world" to take my chances. XD

Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Lol, firefly, I share your opinion about wanting to go in the first wave - I'd rather just go poof than survive somehow and then live in further torture.

As for the Mayans and their calendar, I also think the date was December 21st (in some records 23rd) but unfortunately, people got it wrong about the 'end of the world' (as usual, they took things a bit too dramatically and too literally). Mayans believed that the time wasn't linear but cyclic (hence the 'history repeats itself' phrase) and that every few thousand years, things are simply bound to change. According to them, we are now in a period they call '4th Age' (I think; it's been some time since I read about it) and all they're saying with their calendar is that after that date, a new age or era will begin anew with some new things to expect and maybe look forward to - they don't really predict a literal end of the world, more like the ending of an old period/era/age and the start of a new one (think of the fabled 'Age of Aquarius' and 'the end of times' in Bible - emphasis on 'times', not the 'world') in which people's way of thinking or acting might change. For better or for worse, remains to be seen.

Besides, the world was 'ending' a lot of times in the past according to various sources/legends in pretty much all cultures in the world and yet, it's still here - it's not the 'world' that ends, lol (well, unless something hits it or the sun expands and swallows it in a veeeery distant future), it's the most of humanity that would 'end' - it's the people and animals/plants that would perish but the world, in its essence would still remain and start anew. After some well deserved rest from the humanity, I might add, too. XD

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

no one freaks out when every 60 years Chinese changes their calendar, so the Mayan Calendar is no different. besides history teaches us there are false prophets and no one knows the real ending of the world. not to mention this is from a culture that "died out" long before the end of their calendar so I believe it even less. I feel sorry for the people that are freaking out over this, I don't really see anything bad happening and if it does nothing wrong with being prepared for it. this doesn't mean bringing about panic, besides even IF something does happen what can we do about it?

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Very interesting, the ad at the top of this thread, for me anyway, is about a Nat-Geo show about a family preparing for doomsday. How fitting.

Quote by fireflywishesThough, if the end of the world does come... I want to go in the first wave. ^_~ I've read too many distopian novels about life after the "end of the world" to take my chances. XD

Post-apoclyptica seems like if you have a gun and a motorcycle, you're pretty much set though....

Srsly, the world is ending. Be prepared. ಠ_ಠ

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

soulsguardian

soulsguardian

if i could live till 3000A.D.

Naw bro the world is not going to end and i know that show your talking about in Nat-Geo i always laugh at it when i see it because people are spending money on things that they are going to regret having to buy. This 2012 thing in reality is fake i agree with my Bro Halissin im really tired of people saying that. Im a christian and i believe the world ends when you die. No one knows when the world will come to its end. Not even the Mayans or other civilization that has predicted an apocalyptic- world disaster that will end the humans of this earth. I HAVE SPOKEN!

im in the dark waiting waiting for my infiniteness liberation.....I open my eyes and a small spot of light floods the floor...Signature Image

JackoSlacko

JackoSlacko

Queen Cid's "LAZYJESTER"

2012 end of the world is a bunch of hocus-pocus and really has not much theory and evidence behind it

Besides, how many calculations has there been about the end of the world? and of course, none has yet to come true

What makes this one more likely to happen than others?

Besides, that day is my birthday

Signature
The Internet, Where the Men are Men, The Women are men and the Children are the FBI

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

So I sent out all those 'I hope the meteor hits you in the face' greeting cards for nothing?
Predictions like this just shows who the sheep's masters are btw.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

The real explanation for 2012:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/pandemonium91/maya_cartoon.jpg

Of course, the end of the world will mean all computers shutting down. You know, like in 2000.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

soulsguardian

soulsguardian

ahahahhahahha i like this picture lol

im in the dark waiting waiting for my infiniteness liberation.....I open my eyes and a small spot of light floods the floor...Signature Image

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

@pandemonium91: hahahaa.. like your pic..
:D

um, i believed it..
but i think this world isn't total destroyed..
maybe 1/4 or 2/4..

so, live your life..
:D

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

SkyVongola

SkyVongola

Be Yourself, Be Happy, It's Life

many said that kind of things before, but all of that turns out to be a humbug as far as I know. :\

I heard that the premonition is wrong though, I ever heard my friend said that the Mayans made a miscalculation and it's not in 2012 but some long long time in the future. Dunno what he said is true or not but I don't believe it and it's best not to believe it.

Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

The world will end when people stop believing in stuff like this.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Welll...the last star in the universe will burn out in roughly 100 trillion years, which will probably be the end of everything...so...uh, forget 2012 and mark 12/31/1,000,000,000,000 A.D. on your calender instead.

:B

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

halissin

halissin

this love this hate

LMFAO well no one actually knows when everything is going to end and if everything does end in 100 trillion years we wont be there to see it

alone in the dark faithless...a small spot of light floods the floor

soulsguardian

soulsguardian

yeah man i agree with and 100trillion years is a llllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooonn(...) time from here XD

Shadowgirl

Shadowgirl

Rin Matsuoka

Yh ummmm i really dont think the worlds gonna end. I mean come on. In 2000 they said the world was gonna end and look we are still living so i think its another hoax that some idiot has put up and is laughing at people believing it hmm? then again whose to say that it wont there is logical explanations for everything but if it was in may (which a few months away) wouldnt Nasa and that be working overtime trying to get enough ships to get us off?. Or are they going "we are Nasa and we dont do a damn thing" sort of deal. This is my views but its highly unlikely coz then the president and NASA would be getting ready to leave.

THINGY

THINGY

Fighting Boredom

The Maya never said the end of the world they merely implied the beginning of a new era for Humanity, many people interpreted it as the end of the world....*and please have in mind that the Mayans are know as the keepers of time*. N-E-Ways,there is going to be a cosmic event happening on the winter solstice this year (Dec. 21) something about the sun aligning with the Milky Way of course this varies depending if you live in the Northern Hemisphere or Southern one. I personally don't see why a lot of people are getting their calzones in a knot if we are meant to die eventually.*me being pessimistic* That being said I think we should concentrate on watching more Anime and/or reading more Manga.

The thing is... although the types of happiness one can experience are limited, there are unlimited variations of misfortunes.
*Fooly Cooly*
Signature

Shadowgirl

Shadowgirl

Rin Matsuoka

YH thingie i mean if im gonna die I wanna die watching, listening, reading anime and manga type things and thingie i like ur pic its really cool..... :O

"The world ends not with a bang, but with a whimper." - T.S. Eliot

12 - 21, 2012 marks a massive astronomical phenomenon. One that will shift the earth magnetic poles to be in reverse. The event will be cataclysmic as evidenced by the Ice Age. The earth will pass through the Great Rift of the Milky Way, this will greatly affect the earth's magnetic field. The earth passes through it every 26,000 years. Coincidentally the Mayan Calendar predicted the event to be in 12-21-12.

So its not the end of the world. Just the end of an age. Personally, I'm waiting for the zombie apocalypse, but I WILL NOT SURVIVE IF JAPAN STOPPED MAKING ANIME!

Shadowgirl

Shadowgirl

Rin Matsuoka

DITTO *claps and cheers for aexiel's comment* really i dont anyone on this site could last very long without anime items then for me that would truely be the end of the world. ( i care very passionatly bout anime im weird like that)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I have always been with animation, and since when I repeat things it doesn't really register, most times, it's repeated. but trust me, you will adapt, the first short while will be a void, but the thought of survival (I hope) should/would kick in and you would be more focused on trying to survive than what anime is out or what video game is present. you would learn to entertain yourself as people did without such things. real or fake, there's nothing wrong with learning the traits of both worlds (old and new) to adapt to any chances which might come your way in the future. either it's the end of the world (which, due to the myans should have happened months ago) or it's an actual resetting of the world. we are, after all, in the year of the dragon (water dragon on top of that) this is the time that mother nature and the whole entire world is at an unrest, so it's hard telling what might happen, if anything happens at all, all that we can do is be prepared for it. worrying about it isn't going to do any aide to the situation, because there is really nothing we can do about it. just pray it won't be by the hands of man, the worst of paths for the world to actually end, in my opinion. (adding to the comment I made earlier in the post)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.