Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Yuuko Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Yuuko Wallpaper

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Hello!
This is my second try at vectoring. I love Yuuko, too bad she had to fall prey to my noobish Inkscape skills...
Used these brushes for the clouds: http://shuikyou.deviantart.com/art/Puffy-Cloud-Brush-124821009?q=boost%3Apopular%20cloud%20shape&qo=20 ;
Scan: http://www.zerochan.net/438778

Version without text:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5025/yuukonotext.th.png
Version with text:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5823/yuukotext.th.png

Do you prefer it with or without text? What sucks and what could be done better? Any ideas for the BG?
Any tips appreciated!
Thanks in advance ^^

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

since the text is so small in length and it doesn't take up the whole entire thing, I think it looks better with text, however the wallpaper looks too simple so it might not be accepted, at least the whole entire area looks sort of bland, empty and missing something. I mean I like the texted version but I just find it bland. however as a vector, I find it looks really nice. hope to see what outcome you might have in store for it and what you might decide.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Ooh I haven't seen an Ef wallpaper in a while.

Since I've got some time right now here's my comment:
Comment on the character - Nice vectoring!It's smooth and simple which is good. However, I find that the original scan has much more colors compared to your vector. It kinda looks like you used Blending Mode > Color Adjustment > More Cyan on your overall vector which made it lack a tint of red. Just compare the scan to your vector especially the eyes and the uniform. So I think you might want to work on that. If you're thinking that it might not blend well with the BG, there are other ways to blend character without using Blending Mode > Color Adjustment > More Cyan and since it looks sunny, I think richer colors would go for it. Just because blue dominates the whole wallpaper doesn't mean that you need to made a blue-ish adjustment to the character too.

Background comment:
angel already mentions that textless version is better and I have to agree. You can submit a text version as an alternative version anyway.
The overall BG is too simple. Clouds shouldn't be in just one place coz yours looks like crumped in a horizontal manner. I think they need to be dispersed.
Here are a few cloud BG to look at on how they are oriented.
My Secret Garden by shinta
My Secret Garden by shinta
.:Dreaming in Blue:. by Osiris
.:Dreaming in Blue:. by Osiris
A Happy and Carefree day! by srsn
A Happy and Carefree day! by srsn
?~Taisetsu Na Hito~ by srsn
?~Taisetsu Na Hito~ by srsn

Hope that helps.

Signature Image

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

um, ithink your wallie have a lot of jpeg artifact.
maybe if you vectorized it, it would be better..
:)

i hope it can help

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The vector is pretty good for your 'noobish skills', lol but I agree with srsn about the clouds - they look too clotted and contracted like that - you need to have some variety in them. Also, with such an optimistic message and image, the sky looks a bit too on the gloomy side - I'd suggest making the sky less...murky blue and more bright blue like in the examples srsn showed you. The text is fine (you can always submit a textless version with the original, too - just click on the 'Update' link next to your description when you upload the original version and then upload the one without text as 'alternate version') but the background does look a bit too empty now. Maybe some flying birds or fluttering leaves would lighten and spice it up a bit.

So far, it has potential so keep it up. Oh, and don't forget to add your signature in the end. :3

Signature

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Just using clouds seems kinda too simple and plain. How about you try adding some outdoor elements like trees, flowers (dandelions or any white flowers perhaps? ^__^), or grass. You could also add some birds flying in the sky (if you don't like birds, then maybe butterflies instead) or petals (or leaves) blown by the wind :)

Keep it up! ;)

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.