Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WIP: original art again! - Minitokyo

WIP: original art again!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Hellooooo :3

Between studying and Kunie's walls I did this sketch: click me!
I open this topic in order to have some suggestions/comments/help with my last work in progress :3

The idea come from different scans (I'll link all of them when the work will be finished!), mixed in my mind, and that become like this :p
So I would like to know what you think about, what do you like more what less...what I should change, what I could add, which colours should use on the mermaid, ecc ecc
In the image I made evident some particulars, with note on them, to made more clair something that sketched could be a little difficult to recognize XD

Actually this time I would like to built this work with all of you :3 Training to follow how I can your suggestions!
SO...go! :D

EDIT: I noticed that the background it's a little too much confusing XD anyway my idea should be to put some ruins of an ancient city, like the ones you could find in Rome or Atene for example...(actually in my mind I thought about Atlantis...)

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Hey, that's a sweet artwork ^_^ I lke it very much, specially her face and the details of jewelry. Some thing I dont like is her tail, it looks like a costume ^^' and why not making the end of the tail a bit bigger and more flowy (that sholud look pretty ^^'''). And I like the idea of changin sharks for sea turtles ^^ maybe a whale at the far far away part just as a shadow (to give more nemo feeling ^^')

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by xangel0Hey, that's a sweet artwork ^_^ I lke it very much, specially her face and the details of jewelry. Some thing I dont like is her tail, it looks like a costume ^^' and why not making the end of the tail a bit bigger and more flowy (that sholud look pretty ^^'''). And I like the idea of changin sharks for sea turtles ^^ maybe a whale at the far far away part just as a shadow (to give more nemo feeling ^^')

Yah the tail is one of the thing that is more in "sketch mode"...I mean..I don't still think about how REALLY doing it...so first of all thanks for the suggestion! ^.^
Then...what I was thinking at the beginning is to use some REAL fish tail like refere...but I would like something colourful and flowy of course...any suggestions? Iìm stuying Vet, but we never talk about tropical fishes, so I have few info about them ( Actually I had more info from the Nemo Disney Film XD)

About the sharks...yah...I don't think about whales oo
So should I draw a whale looking like it is far, and some turtles more near, and so more "defined"?
I mean...to preserve the right proportion I should draw the whale like is really far respect our point of view...shouldn't I?

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Firts of all, this is very nice. One of my main points is the same as Xangel said:Her tail looks like a costume. I think you've givem too much definition to her thighs and legs. for me, it could be more like the tail of a fish rather than human legs.
Second, is regarding that fish you drew on the left corner, close to the octopus. I see it as a betta fish, which is a freshwater one, not something you'd see on the ocean. If you're looking for other replacements I could suggest a sea-slug. I know it sounds nasty and somewhat repulsive, but they are colorful and very pretty, actually. I suggest you google them up and choose the one you like the best. XD Other nice fish are the lionfish, moray eels or butterfly fish.
For the background ruins, I think you did pretty well. I could figure them out alright. The only problem on the bg I find (which is very personal, like, what I would do here) is that there is a blank space between her tail and her butt, and I have the impression there should be a tower or some bigger building there. This can be worked over by improving her tail or the bg itself. Regarding the shark, I don't see any problems.
For her tail, I could suggest the Lebistes reticulatus. It's a freshwater fish from South America and the Southern Asia. I've had some, and they are very pretty. I know this doesn't match the previous comment I made before regarding the betta, but I think there wouldn't be any troubles for the mermaid to be like this.
Well, that was a lot... If need something, just ask. :)

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

O: I see, I think it would look better if its more fishy like you said, see this ones:

Mechanical siren

(ignore the mechanicals thingies)

Encyclopedia of goddesses & fairies - Scan 5 *fixed*

(this is less fishy, but its colorful)

Green Glass ~ Souvenir From Camp

(fishy ^^)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Synchiropus_splendidus_2_Luc_Viatour.jpg (colorful *.*)
And tsuyutsuki's reference fish is beautiful too, I think that fish tail could suit best for your mermaid ^^

I didn't noticed the betta fish tusyutsiki mentioned, if you plan changing it you could draw some angelfish, theyre simple and cute ^^.
About the turtles and the whale, yes, turtles may be defined and the whale far far away ^_^.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Yup, angelfish are a good idea too. :D
I agree with Xangel0 about the whale. Make it faaaaaaar away. XD

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by tsuyutsuki
Firts of all, this is very nice. One of my main points is the same as Xangel said:Her tail looks like a costume. I think you've givem too much definition to her thighs and legs. for me, it could be more like the tail of a fish rather than human legs.
Second, is regarding that fish you drew on the left corner, close to the octopus. I see it as a betta fish, which is a freshwater one, not something you'd see on the ocean. If you're looking for other replacements I could suggest a sea-slug. I know it sounds nasty and somewhat repulsive, but they are colorful and very pretty, actually. I suggest you google them up and choose the one you like the best. XD Other nice fish are the lionfish, moray eels or butterfly fish.
For the background ruins, I think you did pretty well. I could figure them out alright. The only problem on the bg I find (which is very personal, like, what I would do here) is that there is a blank space between her tail and her butt, and I have the impression there should be a tower or some bigger building there. This can be worked over by improving her tail or the bg itself. Regarding the shark, I don't see any problems.
For her tail, I could suggest the Lebistes reticulatus. It's a freshwater fish from South America and the Southern Asia. I've had some, and they are very pretty. I know this doesn't match the previous comment I made before regarding the betta, but I think there wouldn't be any troubles for the mermaid to be like this.
Well, that was a lot... If need something, just ask. :)

Oooooh...first of all thanks a lot for all these info tsuky *_*
About the tail, again: yah I drew it before how they are legs, in order to don't lose the right anatomy proportion :) But all that lines wll be cancelled when I'll start to colour it :) For the moment they have only the fuction to be a "guide" for me :D
About the betta fish, when I did the research with Google images I wrote "tropical fish"...maybe I have to specify "marine tropical fish" XD
Thanks for tha advice!
The seaslug in fact there is XD It's that strange-wavy thing in the center under the mermaid's elbow :3 It's really "sketched", but it will sure a colourful one! :D
So probably I will repleced the betta fish with an angelfish how Angel suggested :3
Abiut the background, yah there was a build there XD The fact is that since I worked on only one level, I re-drew that part of the mermaid a lot of times, and at the end I destructed the bg behind -.- But I repeat..there should be another building XD

Quote by xangel0O: I see, I think it would look better if its more fishy like you said, see this ones:
Mechanical siren
(ignore the mechanicals thingies)

Encyclopedia of goddesses & fairies - Scan 5 *fixed*
(this is less fishy, but its colorful)

Green Glass ~ Souvenir From Camp
(fishy ^^)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Synchiropus_splendidus_2_Luc_Viatour.jpg (colorful *.*)
And tsuyutsuki's reference fish is beautiful too, I think that fish tail could suit best for your mermaid ^^

I didn't noticed the betta fish tusyutsiki mentioned, if you plan changing it you could draw some angelfish, theyre simple and cute ^^.
About the turtles and the whale, yes, turtles may be defined and the whale far far away ^_^.

About the tail, thanks for all these suggestions to both :D I'll try to do a mix of everything *_*

merged: 03-12-2012 ~ 09:41pm
I'm back! I had a lot to do in these weeks, so at the end I didn't progress a lot with this work.
But one week ago, I decided to re-draw the main "protagonist" of this work: the mermaid.
I changed the prospective and the pose, in this new version you can see less details that in the previos one, but I think it's a little better because I thought that in the first version the mermaid was too much "static", in this new one she seems to be a little more "natural" I think...
What do you think about it? oo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.