Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How is this? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 9 total items

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/vampireknight537542.jpg/

the scan is from manga reader.net

and i colored it with PS

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

leonskxxx

leonskxxx

Everything is connected..

Hi megan ^^
in my opinion, lacks much of that work. coloration is not very good .. Are passed to other colors.
I recommend that you clean the scan first, you must make a "Lineart" so you can color the picture more easily

Signature

Quote by leonskxxxHi megan ^^
in my opinion, lacks much of that work. coloration is not very good .. Are passed to other colors.
I recommend that you clean the scan first, you must make a "Lineart" so you can color the picture more easily

i see and how do you do that?

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

It's good, but there is room for improvement. The image quality is the biggest culprit; most manga reading sites focus on quantity rather than quality for the scans they post + and despite coloring it, the graininess of the page is still visible. Because of this, I suggest that you vector it first. Vectoring it and then coloring it would heighten the quality and make it more gallery acceptable. Since you're a PS user, I'll suggest searching/checking out a few tutorials. Here's an excellent one: CLICK

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Just like Solemn said, there is room for improvement. I suggest try and vector the manga scan first, since the lines in the manga are too jagged and the quality is really bad, and once you finish the vector then you can try and color the image.

There is also a choice of re-painting a scan, here is a link to the tutorial ---> Painting a Scan Tutorial<----

but I really suggest, vectoring the image first. Here is a link to where I discovered vectoring ----> Vectoring Tutorial.

Good luck on your vectoring/coloring adventures :D

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

yeah...
like they two said there is room for improvement...

um, if you want to vectorized it you can use AdobePhotoshop or Adobe Illustrator..
:)

i hope it help

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

It's an improvement from your previous colorizations. :3 Sol's and Aiira's tips are good, vectoring is a good skill to learn, and will definitely get you cleaner results.

Another alternative is Pandemonium91's manga scan cleaning+colouring tutorial (I might have passed you this link before xDD): http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/creativeparadox/view/214444/icon_tutorial%3A_comic_book_coloring/

^ This is for small icons though, mind you - and the lineart was already relatively clean lol.

We have a slightly cleaner scan of the one you used actually, on MT xD:
Vampire Knight#446987

And it still looks like you used a bucket tool/select-and-fill method for some parts lol; just setting the original scan to multiply mode, and painting on another layer underneath that, and then adjusting color balances and such, would look cleaner I should think!

:) I hope our advice helps lol.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

yesh i agree with aozoraskies
:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

You could try vectoring the image with softwares like Adobe Photoshop :)
Vectoring does improve the image quality a whole times better. As for the coloring, adding shadows will make the image less flatter.
Hope that helps a bit ^__^

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.