Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Hit Mystery/Horror anime: Another - Minitokyo

New Hit Mystery/Horror anime: Another

Tagged under Another

What do you think about "Another"?

It's awesome!!! I can't wait for the next episode!!!
11 votes
It's nice, but it's overrated.
3 votes
I was scared out of my wits so I stopped watching.
0 votes
It sucks. So boring.
1 votes
I don't know. I haven't watched it but I might give it a try.
6 votes
I don't know. My stomach doesn't sit well with this genre.
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Prenez la vie comme elle vient

Winter 2012 is admittedly a rather dull season. One of the few series that stands out is the brand new mystery/horror anime called "Another". It is based on an award-winning novel of the same name by Yukito Ayatsuji.

http://geekrevolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/HorribleSubs_Another_-_01_720p_Jan-9-2012-2.03.39-PM.jpg

The story is set in the little town of Yomiyama, 1998. The plot follows the 15-year-old protagonist, Kouichi Sakakibara, who transfers to Yomiyama Middle School class 3-3. It is rumoured that in 1972, a popular boy studying in class 3-3 called Misaki died. All his classmates and teachers were distraught by his death and one day, a student pointed at his desk and proclaimed that Misaki didn't die, that he was right there. Everyone decided to go along with it and pretended that Misaki was indeed alive. On the day of graduation, they even saved a space for him when they took the graduation photo. The spooky thing was that, when the photo came out, Misaki was there...

Then starting from the next year, a strange and horrifying phenomenon began. Students of class 3-3 would discover that there was an extra student in the class. But no matter how they tried, they would not be able to find out who this extra student was. Then every month, a number of people related to that class would die under strange circumstances... And at the end of the year, they would realise the extra student was a victim of this phenomenon in the previous year.

When Kouichi arrives in town, he goes to hospital due to pneumothorax (punctured left lung). There, he meets a strange eye-patched girl called Mei Misaki, who he discovers is his classmate. But when he finally attends school, he realises somehow everyone else in class don't seem to notice her existence. Then people start dying...

What do you guys think? Vote, and perhaps leave a comment!

I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.
- The Doctor

tankgirl

tankgirl

~Junkmetra Bae O3o~

#5 i do really like the art :D it's so nice and well done.

"You who swallowed a falling star, o' heartless man, your heart shall soon be mine."
Signature

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

yaaaaaay..
<3

:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Tank: It's definitely worth a try. I agree the art is exquisite :D
back: Another-lover *high five*

I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.
- The Doctor

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

Quote by WalkingEncyclopediaback: Another-lover *high five*

yay...
i love the art too..
:)

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

tankgirl

tankgirl

~Junkmetra Bae O3o~

another one that i will have to check out ^^ i shall check it out after i am done with code geass.

"You who swallowed a falling star, o' heartless man, your heart shall soon be mine."
Signature

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

WOHHOO! another horror anime, Now I don't have to repeat watching Ghost Hunt. Any information on when will this anime air?

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

It's airing now^^ I like Another, it's a good horror anime to watch :)

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

The plot is very engaging. And the art. Just OH.

- The Doctor

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

As how I said in my W.L. Opinion:
in the beginning,i though that this anime is SO not worth to be watched (you can call it fake or something as stagy!)
i just forced my self to watch it for the first 5 eps..but after ep 5(or 6 don remember)when things started "finally" getting interesting
well..after that i couldn't stop watching it waiting for the ending.
for characters: i didn't like most of them(but liked Naoya Teshigawara-he's my fav type :3)
but there's just one thing i'm wondering about(actually; more then one though)--Big Spoiler coming--:
..why,again; WHY misaki waited till the end to kill or announce that Reiko(Sakakibara's aunt)is the dead one even though she saw her getting killed before,why did misaki wait till lots of student die..couldn't she kill her since the beginning!?.
and i damn hate those bloody-death scenes
i mean,in this anime they show a really awful ways to die(i hope we would only rest in PEACE ;3)
Oh..one more thing....is it only me or this anime has a couple similarities in art with Code Geass
after all the both animes has an awesome art out there,this is for sure.

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Quote by KazablanKaAs how I said in my W.L. Opinion:
in the beginning,i though that this anime is SO not worth to be watched (you can call it fake or something as stagy!)
i just forced my self to watch it for the first 5 eps..but after ep 5(or 6 don remember)when things started "finally" getting interesting
well..after that i couldn't stop watching it waiting for the ending.
for characters: i didn't like most of them(but liked Naoya Teshigawara-he's my fav type :3)
but there's just one thing i'm wondering about(actually; more then one though)--Big Spoiler coming--:
..why,again; WHY misaki waited till the end to kill or announce that Reiko(Sakakibara's aunt)is the dead one even though she saw her getting killed before,why did misaki wait till lots of student die..couldn't she kill her since the beginning!?.
and i damn hate those bloody-death scenes
i mean,in this anime they show a really awful ways to die(i hope we would only rest in PEACE ;3)
Oh..one more thing....is it only me or this anime has a couple similarities in art with Code Geass
after all the both animes has an awesome art out there,this is for sure.

She didn't kill Reiko or told people Reiko was the 'another' because she didn't know killing her would stop the phenomenon. She only knew that after listening to the audio tape.

- The Doctor

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Creeeeeepy~~~

What was up with the random flashes to the dolls? That's the only part that was confusing/disconcerting to me... though some of the death scenes were pretty brutal.

Signature Image

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Quote by fireflywishesCreeeeeepy~~~

What was up with the random flashes to the dolls? That's the only part that was confusing/disconcerting to me... though some of the death scenes were pretty brutal.

I think the doll flashes merely function as tension builders and as a sort of nod to the death of Mei's twin sister (as in reminding us about the first ep in which Mei took a doll to her in the hospital morgue). And yeah. The death by umbrella is particularly memorable.

- The Doctor

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

Horrible death scenes but i still finish it because i like the fansub and PA work anime's. Enough worth to watch

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.