Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rate the last movie you saw - Minitokyo

Rate the last movie you saw

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Subject says it all really.

Share the last movie you saw and give it a letter grade (A+ through F). If you want to give a more indepth opinion on it, feel free. ;D

For me:

Horrible Bosses: C+

It's....I dunno, it's reasonably funny, nothing great.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Hmm, I think the last movie I saw was...

The Vow. I give it a C+, maybe a B---. It was reasonably sweet and I liked how the girl was able to fix her family life but it wasn't the epic romance they advertised it to be. Also, I personally felt it wasn't happy enough (like a fairy tale) to give me the warm fuzzies, and it also wasn't tragic enough for me to be moved either. It was just kinda bland. :/

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

the las movie i saw is R.A. One (Bollywood)
:D

um, i give B+ for it

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

the last one I saw was Bedknobs and Broomsticks, can't mess with the classics ! when movies were movies in my opinion going to go with an A on this one.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

aniimel

aniimel

七転び八起き

Devil Inside
i'm not familiarized with the A+ scale
but actually it wasn't really good
some scenes were a little scary
but nothing that great

I should move forward, even if it’s only one step.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by aniimel

And here I thought it was near universal. :P
Well, I guess I can elaborate, to what I think letter grading 'would' mean in relation to movies

[A+ , A , A- ] = Perfect experience, Exceptional, Close to exceptional

[B+, B, B-] = Well above average, above average, just slightly above average

[C+, C, C-] = Average (but has moments), mediocre, barely mediocre

[D+, D, D-] = Banal and sub-par, Well below even the most basic standards, not enjoyable on any level

[F] = painful to even look directly at it.

Hope that helps.....

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

B, Shaolin Soccer was so over the top and cheesy that the actors didn't really bother to take it seriously. One of the most entertaining movies I've watched recently.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

aniimel

aniimel

七転び八起き

Quote by Legionary

Quote by aniimel

And here I thought it was near universal. :P
Well, I guess I can elaborate, to what I think letter grading 'would' mean in relation to movies

[A+ , A , A- ] = Perfect experience, Exceptional, Close to exceptional

[B+, B, B-] = Well above average, above average, just slightly above average

[C+, C, C-] = Average (but has moments), mediocre, barely mediocre

[D+, D, D-] = Banal and sub-par, Well below even the most basic standards, not enjoyable on any level

[F] = painful to even look directly at it.

Hope that helps.....

oh i see, in that case
it'd be a C+
thanks a lot!

http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpgIt was reasonably sweet and I liked how the girl was able to fix her family life but it wasn't the epic romance they advertised it to be. Also, I personally felt it wasn't happy enough.

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

New York ,I'll give it A+
Well,saying the truth,it's really rare to see an Indian movie with so depth in both,Story and Acting
it was acted by :Katrina Kaif, John Abraham, Neil Mukesh, Irrfan Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
the acting and directing in this movie is really good,and as how i said,the story is way to good and sad!
Cuz it begins in 1999, ends in 2008, and tells the story of three students studying at the fictional New York State University whose lives are changed by 9/11 and its aftermath.
and what happen to the Muslims there,how much they suffered and why some of them turned into terrorists (it's shown in Samir(John Abraham) while he was an american Muslim).
but it stills,suffer isn't a reason to be a terrorist!.

So...in short words: it shows how much the (9/11) turned everything up side down!

aniimel

aniimel

七転び八起き

The Hobbit! I will give it a great A+
i don't know what was the best of it
the story itself, the special effects that appeared all over the place or the characters!
i'm really looking forward to the next instalment*

*is this word correctly used?

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

La vita è bella (IMDb link)
I give it an A+ because it is a beautiful experience (no pun intended) and a welcome change from all the other depressing movies dealing with the Holocaust - by no means am I saying it's a topic that should be taken lightly (it isn't), but the way the father disguises the horrors of the concentration camp as a game to his son is both heart-wrenching and encouraging at the same time. Even when he tries to pretend that it's all fun and games and they're not actually held there against their will, you can see the despair on his face at the thought of possibly never getting out of there alive. All this makes the more serious and realistic scenes (where the child isn't present or which he doesn't witness) even more powerful - such as the father's talk with an old friend (now a Nazi officer) or him accidentally discovering a several stories-high pile of corpses.

Quote by aniimelThe Hobbit! I will give it a great A+
i don't know what was the best of it
the story itself, the special effects that appeared all over the place or the characters!
i'm really looking forward to the next instalment*

*is this word correctly used?

It's "installment" but yeah, you used it right :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Tremors. An oldie, but a goodie. B+

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

HunterHunted

HunterHunted

Get this thing Off of Me >-<

Last night I watched "Beyond the boarder" ( "Gransen") .
It was about The Betryal, wars, victims, pains and Love. It was a Great movie Afterall.
I give 9/10 to it
http://www.mrfilm.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/gransen_bluray_packshot.jpg

We all need Faith, A faith to love all that you are
We all need Love, When there's no hope beyond the door
We all need Hope, A hope To live For something More
-Esterlyn

warm bodies- B+
Wreck it ralph- A

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

Teddy - A-

I've never saw Teddy bear like this before(laughed really hard)

Epic fail :DSignature Image

Blue-Latte

Blue-Latte

Curious Dreamer

Despicable Me 2 - A-
It was hilarious and very cute.

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Despicable Me 2, C
Funny cuz of the minions, the rest was predictable since the beggining.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

subrina

subrina

magic potter

Harry Potter seven, the second part. i mean the second part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow. It's not so good as the first and third one. The last part is quite scary and got me so sad. when i chose to cosplay, i didn't choose any part from the last movie of Harry Potter. I chose the third part. Thanks to worldwidecosplay.com. i got my wonderful cloak set.

my lovely harry potter.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Turbo - B-

I had really low expectations going to see this movie, and was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it was. Storyline was predictable, characters weren't really complex...

Definitely a movie that young children would enjoy though.

Signature Image

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Monsters University - A
didn't thought this was going to be good, thought it was the second cars 2, but it surpased my expectations and slapped me with a nice story and prett nice characters.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Paranoia agent: A

Never seen a movie like this one before, maybe one of the best movies I've watched. :o

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

This is The End -A

It was really funny and really good CGI graphics for being a funny movie but kinda wish they explain a few more things.

Signature

Colorful(anime movie): B

It was a really good slice of life supernatural movie about life and friends and things like that. You might wanna watch it if you find yourself often seeing flaws in everything or something like that. (I notice many people like that on the internet)

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.