Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My wallpaper - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Signature

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

The image looks a little "distorted" near the bottom of the clothing around her shoulders as well as her hair, and a bit unclear, there and in many other spots like the hair on the front part of her head around her forehead and eyes and the hair around her neck. Also the bottom of the little robot she's holding is unclear/distorted on the bottom half. So you'd have to fix that if you want to use it in all a wall so it will look good and not have that blurriness/bad JPEG artifacts. ^^

Finding a bigger/better quality scan would be a good. Or even finding a vector already made in good quality of the same character and use that for your wall would be a good idea.

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Here is another wallpaper I did.
This is the Original
http://www.animepaper.net/art/143061/deianeira

And here is mine. PLEASE LIKE THIS TIME!
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/Cgirl.jpg

Signature

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

uhm I'm a bit confused here ^__^' Are you planning on making wallpapers using the pics you've posted above? or are you trying to re-vector them?
Well, if they're to be used in making wallpapers, I think there is no need to change something about the vectors you planning to use. They are already vectored well...you just have to extract them, and they're good to go to be used for making wallpapers :)

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

You should just stick to one image at a time. You can always creae another thread for your second image.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I'm also a bit confused here - are you trying to submit Indy Art or a wallpaper and are just showing us what pictures you plan to use?

Let us focus on just ONE wallpaper for now, you can always make a new thread for another one. So, let's focus on Lacus. I'm not sure what you did with the original vector but it looks really weird, blurry, smudged and cut off at the end. I suggest you learn some good extracting techniques first (like the one with pen tool for example since it's the most precise one) and then we can focus on something more like the background, idea for the wallpaper, etc.

Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Once I get the pen tool lines all around the girl I don't know what to do next...
And how is the second one I posted I wanted to know what people think?

Signature

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Get help on your first image first and then just create a new thread for your second image. One thing at a time.^^ That way no one gets confused and you can get the proper help for what you are trying to do.

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Well, if you are planning on using Deianera, I suggest that you use that vector from animepaper. Just extract it :)
What you did with the dress looks a bit flat since you removed the shadows/darker shades.

Quote: Once I get the pen tool lines all around the girl I don't know what to do next...

after you get all the pen tool lines around the character, right click and choose MAKE SELECTION. Then just use the MOVE TOOL to move the pic to the area you wish to put it :) hope that helps.

Signature

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I really doubt ANY of the vectorers would feel glad at you altering their works.

Why don't you pick a scan instead and vector it?

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

I agree with what Fran said. It'll be unfair for the vectorers with you altering their works.
If you'd like to vector a scan yourself, here's a link to a tutorial on vectoring: http://www.distantdestiny.net/main/category.php?type=Tutorials&tutorial=vectortut&page=1#content

Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

Hi again everybody I finally did a vector it's my first and I know it's gonna need a lot of improvement, But I'm sure I can do it.
But please look at it and tell me that I did good for my first one?
And please do help me improve it to get better.
Thank you.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/yoko020/Mia.jpg

Signature

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

okay... I was totally confused when I read your thread but anyway.. let's talk about your vector ;)
first, at least I can see it's a character ^^ but it's a bit difficult to identify who it is.. :/ nvm..
the lines are way too jagged :O but it's no big deal, with some practise, you'll improve! ;D all I have to say for now is : be sure you adjust well the curves (of the path) and it'll look just fine (you can do so with modifying the anchor points [sorry, Idk the english name 'cuz I use a french soft. ^^' my bad...])! oh, as for the coloring, to make it easier, you can close the path you stroke so you'll just have to fill it (I saw you didn't close your path for the eyes)
hmm.. maybe you can try this tuto
hope it can help ;) you can ask for things you don't understand! good luck!

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

....what exactly did you use to vector that image with?

I'll have to be honest with you and say it looks like you made this in MS Paint by using the simple line tool and that's not exactly a good thing. The lines are way too jagged and uneven, curvy things like fingers and hair are not curvy at all and I also can't really recognize the character that's supposed to be vectored here.

I suggest you take a look at some of those tutorial links other users had linked in their comments because right now, I'm afraid something like this wouldn't be accepted. Keep trying.

Signature

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

Quote by alenasit looks like you made this in MS Paint

I thought so at first sight, too.. ^^'

Signature

skynight

skynight

Big Sis

ITS JUST MY FIRST ONE BY GIVING COMMENTS LIKE THAT, THAT IS WHAT MADE ME STOP THE OTHER TIMES, BUT I COULDN'T EVEN FIND A WAY TO VECTOR SMALL LINES LIKE THAT I ONLY COULD DO BIG DOUBLE LINES SO WHEN I FIND A WAY TO DO IT I WAS HAPPY..... BUT I GIVE UP....

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Next time please create a NEW thread since the vector you're talking about is completely different and unrelated to your Lacus Clyne one.

Signature Image

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

Quote by skynightITS JUST MY FIRST ONE BY GIVING COMMENTS LIKE THAT, THAT IS WHAT MADE ME STOP THE OTHER TIMES, BUT I COULDN'T EVEN FIND A WAY TO VECTOR SMALL LINES LIKE THAT I ONLY COULD DO BIG DOUBLE LINES SO WHEN I FIND A WAY TO DO IT I WAS HAPPY..... BUT I GIVE UP....

oi, oi... please calm down ;) if I somehow offended you, then please excuse me... :) I just gave you some advices... just look at the links that were provided, it'd be really helpful! :D and you'll be just fine! ;)
and... as alenas said, could you please tell us which software do you use so we could really help you to improve... gambatte! xD

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by skynightITS JUST MY FIRST ONE BY GIVING COMMENTS LIKE THAT, THAT IS WHAT MADE ME STOP THE OTHER TIMES, BUT I COULDN'T EVEN FIND A WAY TO VECTOR SMALL LINES LIKE THAT I ONLY COULD DO BIG DOUBLE LINES SO WHEN I FIND A WAY TO DO IT I WAS HAPPY..... BUT I GIVE UP....

There is really no need to give up on trying to improve - this is Sandbox and we're here to offer advice and constructive criticism, not flame you or insult you, regardless of how it may seem to you. None of us came here with fully developed skills - we've all had the potential and the desire to work on something, share it and improve - heck, even my first 'vector' was done the wrong way until I learned how to really do it so there's no shame in making a mistake and learning from it.

It'd really be a shame if you gave up so quickly, especially since we're all here to help you and provide useful tips and links. My suggestion would be to go through all those comments again, click on those links and go through them carefully. If you don't understand something, feel free to ask, nobody is going to bite your head off if you ask a question.

And as Firefly pointed out - posting too many different images in one forum thread tends to make it confusing since we're not sure then what to refer to. If you need advice for your vector, open a new forum thread for it in the Sandbox. The same goes for that Cagalli image.

Keep it up!

Signature

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.