Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WIP: original art again! part 2 - Minitokyo

WIP: original art again! part 2

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Previous topic : here

I'm back! I had a lot to do in these weeks, so at the end I didn't progress a lot with this work.
But one week ago, I decided to re-draw the main "protagonist" of it: the mermaid.
I changed the prospective and the pose, in this new version you can see less details that in the previos one, but I think it's a little better because I thought that in the first version the mermaid was too much "static", in this new one she seems to be a little more "natural" I think...
What do you think about it? oo

ps: yeah, I didn't change the background yet...I'm really slow ...sorry! :p

Spoiler (show)

I had to open another topic, because when I tried to post in the other one, it merged this post with the previous one; but my previous post was written 3 weeks AGO! o_o I understand that this solution exists to avoid SPAM,but really....after 3 WEEKS? o_____o

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I like the perspective and it shows movement more in my opinion. I think this version looks better than your first one, all you need to do is add colors to bring it out more^^

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I really love the concept you have going on here. I was curious, for the buildings, do you plan on doing something modeled after Atlantis, or sort of your own take on an underwater city?

Also, how tropical do you plan on getting overall with the colors? Will you try to keep them somewhat muddled, or do you plan on making the fish, plant life and everything else rather vibrant?

Otherwise, I think this could shape up to be your strongest piece yet. I'm really loving the look so far.

Signature Image

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Agree, the new version is better than the first, which was pretty good already. The pose and perspective is definitely more interesting, but its a shame not to use the first one, so I think you should do 2 works^_^ Btw its pretty nice designed, wonder how it would look after you put some colors into it^_^ looking forward to it, good luck^_^

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by MisaSasekageI like the perspective and it shows movement more in my opinion. I think this version looks better than your first one, all you need to do is add colors to bring it out more^^

Thanks Misa ^_^ I'm happy that you like this new version! So, it wasn't a mistake to change the mermaid's pose at the end >.<

Quote by CyanideBlizzardI really love the concept you have going on here. I was curious, for the buildings, do you plan on doing something modeled after Atlantis, or sort of your own take on an underwater city?

I wrote it in the previous topic...but yeah..I'd like to do something based on Atlantis, or antique cities like Athene or Rome :)

Quote: Also, how tropical do you plan on getting overall with the colors? Will you try to keep them somewhat muddled, or do you plan on making the fish, plant life and everything else rather vibrant?

Nice question, I don't know it, yet ._.
I was wondering about the same thing...I should make all objects in the foreground more vibrant than the others, I think...Actually I would like to do a colourful work, but I'm worry that it can become too much chaotic >.<

Quote: Otherwise, I think this could shape up to be your strongest piece yet. I'm really loving the look so far.

Thanks! I'll do my best!

Quote by AnGeeChanAgree, the new version is better than the first, which was pretty good already. The pose and perspective is definitely more interesting, but its a shame not to use the first one, so I think you should do 2 works^_^ Btw its pretty nice designed, wonder how it would look after you put some colors into it^_^ looking forward to it, good luck^_^

Eheh, I would like to finish both, but really...I don't have time -.- And I had others two works in my mind that I would like to do before summer, so about this project I want to focus on one version now >.< Thanks for your suggestion, anyway! :D

I think it will be a great original wallpaper if you color it.

My groups:
mt-italia make-your-best s20-signaturestudio vectory clamp-a-holic simple-ism japanese vector-wallers chamber-of-kings

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

give me the time Sam XD Actually this is the sketch :P I want to have suggestions/opinions before to start to color it, so I posted it here :)

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by Raffachan

Quote by CyanideBlizzardI really love the concept you have going on here. I was curious, for the buildings, do you plan on doing something modeled after Atlantis, or sort of your own take on an underwater city?

I wrote it in the previous topic...but yeah..I'd like to do something based on Atlantis, or antique cities like Athene or Rome :)

Quote: Also, how tropical do you plan on getting overall with the colors? Will you try to keep them somewhat muddled, or do you plan on making the fish, plant life and everything else rather vibrant?

Nice question, I don't know it, yet ._.
I was wondering about the same thing...I should make all objects in the foreground more vibrant than the others, I think...Actually I would like to do a colourful work, but I'm worry that it can become too much chaotic >.<

My apologies about asking a redundant question. I just wanted to make fully sure that was still the case, or if anything had changed from the previous thread to this one. I really like that idea then, and I can't wait!

That's what I was wondering too. Especially with the spacing and placement, it looks like the foreground near her would be rather colorful while above her would be just pure blue. I suppose it might come down to experimentation to see what works, what doesn't and what you could delude a bit too while making others more vibrant.

Signature Image

OMG, you aren't an human, you have extra-powers O_O

Love the hair, they really seem floating (into water, I mean). I also like her position, dynamic and natural.

Not sure if buildings like these work on it, maybe ruined ruins (with broken columns and rubbles) are better under the sea.

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

hahaha i'll be the party-downer here then with my comment oh no.

I love both sketches! I think the first one was more detailed, but yeah it was kinda static. However, the second one, while it is more dynamic, the perspective for the tail looks a bit off to me? I think it has to be smaller in that distance, especially since this way, the pose blocks the background a little too much. I would suggest making the pose for the tail more ... flexible and bend it a little more to the left. : ) Still I really like the character design~

As for how to color it and such, while colourful is a great way to go (oh yes, Aozora loves colours~) , what you might want to note in an underwater scene and with this perspective, is that it would be good if you make the colours brighter nearer to the front, and at spots where the sunlight hits it through the water. Also, the objects around the mermaid, and in front of her, might do with some blurring. Just to lend focus on the mermaid herself.

Erm, another thing to make it look natural, is to think about how you want her surroundings to be. I recall the Atlantic ruins, that's good. But also, how the coral anemones and the seaweed will flow - it looks like the current is quite gentle, and with the way the mermaid's hair flows, it looks like she's just propelled herself forward and is coming to a slow stop - so the swishing anemones should flow outward and away from her, but not too strongly. And possibly the nearby fish will be flicking away past her and away too.

You should keep the sea above and behind her, definitely, so in that part the perspective works great. I feel like I should see more sea above her tail though. xD Since I visually imagine the perspective point to be behind her tail and to the left. Have you tried sketching perspective lines for this yet? xD

Then again, I've always preferred background >> foreground character walls so I could be bias LOL.

Er, does that make sense @-@. I can already see the colours in my head personally xDDD.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

@Mirtillo: XD thanks, but there are a lot of people with more extra-powers than me :3 About the building, yeah, the idea was exactly that XD but maybe it's too much "sketched" and you can't noticed it! Take a look of the previous sketch, there it should be more clear my idea for the background!
@Ao: you weren't the party-downer at all XD I read carefully your comment, and I'll take it in my mind when I'll go ahead with this project! Thanks a lot for help! :3

Quote by Raffachanthere are a lot of people with more extra-powers than me :3

Really? O.O I'm kidding, I know what you mean ;) but it's certain that you have a great talent.

Quote by Raffachanthe idea was exactly that XD but maybe it's too much "sketched" and you can't noticed it! Take a look of the previous sketch, there it should be more clear my idea for the background!

yeah, I didn't noticed it. I'd look at it better ^^'

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.