Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Short hair on girls - Minitokyo

Short hair on girls

page 1 of 1 16 total items

I want to know why people don't care for girls with short hair.

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Hmm, I know plenty of people who like girls with short hair.

Note: I recommend adding some more grounds for discussion, as right now it's pretty vague and risks closing.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Quote by SnickerdoodleNinjaHmm, I know plenty of people who like girls with short hair.

Note: I recommend adding some more grounds for discussion, as right now it's pretty vague and risks closing.

I'm not sure what to add to the question...

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

*headdesk* Sorry, I think I misunderstood something, but I understand now. It was a pretty bad misreading on my part. @.@

I guess, before I can really answer the question, what gave you the idea that people don't like girls with short hair?

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Actually, from what I've gathered over the years, more guys prefer short hair over long.

Ultimately, it really depends on two factors. How the hair looks on the girl and more importantly, if she likes it.

Well, technically, there is only one factor that matters then.

Signature Image

Quote by SnickerdoodleNinja*headdesk* Sorry, I think I misunderstood something, but I understand now. It was a pretty bad misreading on my part. @.@

I guess, before I can really answer the question, what gave you the idea that people don't like girls with short hair?

It's a bit of a story. It started when I read a post from a friend on facebook, and in his post, he said that girls are more feminine with long hair. That kinda bugged me, so I decided to go looking around on the internet about said issue. One of the sites I checked had a comment from a woman that said that girls with short hair are ugly. That bugged me even more. So I decide to make this thread, and another just like it on another forum.

Anyway, I guess I don't understand or care about the idea of long hair being a feminine trait, or short hair being masculine

lilylily09

lilylily09

LILYLILY09

For me, I like short hair. My opinion short hair have meaning about brave, courage, kind heart, confident... .
For long hair i think it mean about kind heart but jealous and selfish, not too brave, shy, gentle girl... .
This is what i think, i don't know if anyone think the same. I usually notice that 80% of long hair who usually are too jealous with the other and just look outside of person to other person, they just meet.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Lol, girls with short hair are ugly? Seriously, that's no valid argument - you can have hair that falls down to your knees but if it doesn't look good on you, it really doesn't add up to the whole beauty points, does it?

I guess, as with the hair color stereotypes, there are those for hair length - long hair was always considered a symbol of femininity (what with all the noble women having long hair and all that jazz) and with that, it automatically linked to beauty. Short hair was usually reserved for men and warriors (with some exceptions, of course but that varies from one culture to another) so seeing short hair on a girl was considered undesirable since she didn't 'look like a girl should'.

I had long hair only once in my life (when I was about 10 or so) but ever since, I've been keeping it short - just the right length below my chin or reaching my shoulders. I actually like my hair short for various reasons - it fits better to the shape of my face, it doesn't constantly get in my way and it's easier to maintain. And whether I look less feminine with it or something like that, well, I just honestly can't be bothered by that and couldn't care less. xD

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Girls with short hair are not ugly. It really depends on how someone looks. A lot of the time, the way they take care of their hair also says something about them. It's the same by someone's bedroom...Personal stuff in general just describes one another.

Short hair is easier to take care of and very easy to add something stylish to it without looking dull. Then to think for a lot of people, short hair makes them look more energetic and slightly younger. It's mostly because women don't know what to do with their long hair. You just look very plain and dull if you don't do anything with it. I've had some complaints from some family members that were telling me to do something nicer but it takes too much time for me. People love it when others have long hair so they can make some cool stuff. It also takes a lot of time to do something nice by yourself, hence I always keep it simple but with a nice little touch unless I'm too lazy and just put it in the usual style. As for your information, my hair is actually longer than of most girls. I think if you put it up nicely it's much better than short hair. But that's only when you use the potential long hair has. Even though, one of the biggest reasons I don't want short hair is because you need to keep cutting it frequently (lazy) and second, like a lot of people have, they have short hair. So, I like to be a little bit unique.

As said above, girls with long hair are more feminine and thus cuter than women with short hair. it's one of the reasons quite a lot of men like the girls with long hair. Although, short hair isn't bad. What guy doesn't want a girl that can take care of themselves or maybe even him? Makes their life easier, you see? Despite that...it's also possible that they'll get their ass kicked out of their position (don't try Dutch women if you don't want that).

All in all, it doesn't matter. It's merely an "ideal" preference but anything is fine. Sometimes a girl is willing to cooperate to your idealism (feel free to let her, if she doesn't mind the style). Although, not everyone with long or short hair fits the opposite style. It could be a problem.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Girls with short hair are ugly? Just like Valuna said, it really depends on how someone looks. I've had long hair for a long time and all people I meet tells me that I should try short hair, and I did and well ever since I had short hair. The only thing I don't like about short hair, is that it's hard to style, but thanks to Youtube and it's Guru's it's quite easy now.

Yes, long hair does symbol femininity for a lot of girls, but it all comes to one factor, do they know how to keep neat? It's quite easy to get into an accident when you have long hair. One factor is keeping your hair out of your eyesight, second washing long hair takes a lot of time.

Alenas also pointed out

Quote: Short hair was usually reserved for men and warriors (with some exceptions, of course but that varies from one culture to another) so seeing short hair on a girl was considered undesirable since she didn't 'look like a girl should'.

I'm a Born Again Christian and people in my church all have long hair, thus you can say they all look different.

In my opinion, people who know how to keep their hair neat and stylish are more feminine no matter if their hair is long or not. >:D though my argument/posts did not make a lot of sense I hope you get my point.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Cos short hair makes them look like boys. And boys are not girls.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Why is everyone jumping on a bandwagon lol
I don't think it's a matter of opinion really, so what would you do with a woman that doesn't have the face for any hair style? Women like that do exist.. and some have passed away with marriage not because fate chose to end their lives.. but because they could never find the person they love because of 1 or more physical aspects before their time ran out.
It's fair to say it depends on what you like.. but why does everything have to be according to how you like it? I believe liking something doesn't guarantee you any happiness and sometimes even the unsavory things can give you the best results. I like to think that physical traits and features matter less than personality.. so this was a /thread since the first bandwagon of 'it's an opinion' was made.

I also have to disagree with Short hair making people look younger. Why? because the 90 year old woman across my street fits into that category.. and I honestly believe she doesn't look younger.

In any case, I believe it's all a matter of opinion. Mainly because you need to go for what you like before you know what you really like. There's little explanation for the TT because you're probably basing it on a scale.. being the people you met and heard from which probably isn't that wide. Probably just a 'bump into more people who like ---- than ----' situation, having others opinions won't help much because it'll just tell you to follow what you like and be motivated to chase after it. If so, you just needed to do what you like from the start. That's probably the best advice anyone can tell you.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

don't mind stylish short hair as long as it is not too short and ends up looking like a boy

Be pleasant and fun is the best way to spend time

MizuuHime

MizuuHime

is really need more holidays

I don't think short hair makes girl not feminine or more ugly. As long as they are comfortable with having short hair, that don't really be a serious problem. I have lots of girl friends that have short hair, and it looks good on them. Maybe because they looks very comfortable with it, too.

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

Quote by shoemasterdon't mind stylish short hair as long as it is not too short and ends up looking like a boy

Considering the roles of both genders are melding along with our collective fashion sense. No, as long as you can pull of the look I generally won't mind.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

Dancerinthedark

Dancerinthedark

Queen of Darkness

ummm in our country:boys like long hairs!I don't know why!maybe they think that the girl is cuter and more feminine in the long hair, maybe?
but for me I prefer short hair!

Pass the Heart To All the Friends You care AboutSignature Image

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.