Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do You Believe In The Existence of Ghosts? - Minitokyo

Do You Believe In The Existence of Ghosts?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

i never see one ...
and i never see something that proves they exist .
so ...
i don't believe in ghost right now

色即是空
NOTHING STAYS FOREVER

I for one do believe in the supernatural not just ghosts. By that I mean everything from ghosts, vampires(not the twilight kind), demons, werewolves, angels, other gods, astral entities, egregors, faeries, salamanders, gnomes, dwarves, and pretty much everything else. For ghost please refer to below explanation as to how and why they exist for the rest, its a whole different lecture.

This is my analysis based on experience and years of study.
First we must differentiate a soul, a spirit, a ghost and a ghast all of which are different only in the place where they reside or found. A soul is a non-physical human consciousness that contains a set of data that pertains to one's personality. In psychology, the soul is the true-self, a part of the human psyche that cannot be changed and a representation of one's individuality. A soul is only a soul when it resides in the original body in which it gained consciousness. A spirit is a consciousness left adrift in the physical plane. In other words a soul without a body that is free to roam. A soul becomes a spirit only when the soul loses all forms of connection with its original body, NOTE: It is said that a body in a coma is a body without a soul, the person will only regain consciousness once the soul has been returned. A person possessed has both an original soul and an invasive spirit. A spirit is often the result of a sudden death where a lingering regret is not formed. Often a spirit has no realization that it is dead as such is not bound to the place of death however some spirits become dangerous after gaining access to the astral dimension, a dimension where beings such as non-Judeo-Christian gods, demons, angels and other entities reside. It is a dimension that exists at the same plane as ours but at a different "frequency". A ghost is a bound spirit and is a remnant of the memories and/or actual being of a person. A ghost may or may not retain the memories it had when it was alive but is bound to a single location, the place of death. A spirit may also result from a person of strong spiritual awareness, astral projection is a method in which the spirit leaves the body to travel. Since a spirit is also a consciousness, it is subject to strong emotions. Malevolent human spirits for example harbor great hatred toward other humans in general. A ghost haunts a location because of a regret or a strong feeling like hate, anguish, or sorrow. These strong strong feelings in a way prevents the ghost from moving on. A ghost may also linger because of a task undone. Much as we consider ourselves to be born to a specific task to perform, a ghost remains because that task is still unfulfilled. A ghost may also be bound to a person should there be a strong bond between the deceased and the living. A ghast is a fragment of a once living being. It has no consciousness and is merely a memory of a strong emotion or a traumatic event in life that eventually lead to the death of a person, it is usually a remnant of a ghost that has been convinced to move on. A ghast will repeat the memory over and over at a specific time, normally the actual time of day of the memory, it will keep this loop forever until the energy is banished.

As for a scientific proof, there is none. But there is a theory stating that spirits and ghosts possess high electromagnetic energies, but this may be attributed to the idea that spirits and ghosts are made up of the energy lost after death.

Well everything I just said was purely on my analysis. Don't judge me. XD

^ Most of what you posted is, in a general sense, believed by many parapsychologists and the energy that ghosts are believed to be composed of is measured and used as evidence by "ghost hunters".

It was early afternoon when I drove in to Hearne, Texas, located only a short drive North of Bryan, College Station, the home of Texas A&M. It was unseasonably warm for mid February and I was admiring the old buildings, most of which were built at the beginning of the turn of the century in the early 1900's. I was seeing a client who ran a small retail establishment in one of the older buildings, this one like most was two stories and a very sturdy brick structure. The woman who ran the business was in her mid-twenties and had a female assistant. I casually mentioned to her how I found such old buildings interesting and how proprietors way back when would live in the quarters upstairs, the lower portion being reserved for their businesses. I asked if she had considered living upstairs. She told me that her parents had asked her the same thing but she had some strange experiences when she was doing her books upstairs in the sparse and dusty space above. She continued by telling me that things that she knew had been left in one place would be found moved to another quite inexplicably and occasionally it would sound as if something fell and nothing would be out of place or on the floor where the noise came from. She invited me to go above and inspect the area if I wanted. Of course, I said that I would like to and I headed up the stairs. As I got near the door to access the upstairs area I began to sense a strange presence and as I entered, I felt a presence of something watching me. It was eerie but I continued to browse the open area nonchalantly as if I were alone. As I approached an old desk near the rear and south side of the building I heard a loud crash as if something large had fallen. I looked toward where the thud had originated but saw nothing different there than when I had inspected the areas mere moments before. Still acting as if I believed that nothing was amiss I surveyed the area once again for a minute or two and slowly walked back downstairs. The business owner asked me what I thought and I recounted my experience. She nodded, knowingly and said that they just referred to the happenings as having simply been "Bob" acting up. I concluded my consultation with her and left having noticed the stark contrast in the "normal" feeling of her space on the lower floor to that of the floor above. I drove off, north to Mexia, Texas, back to the hotel where I was going to stay for the night.

To be continued . . .

Its what your mind is set up to...... Generally it happens to be a genetic case in most of the people to believe in such things. Some might even encounter the ghosts but not everyone.
I am 21 now and haven't faced even a single one yet. Going to abandoned places might make you feel like the GHOST is somewhere in the place but the main part that reacts to the situations like this is our BRAIN that has some kind of programmed stuff in it to make you sense ghost like feelings. Science has proved it. But science does have evidence of GHOSTS caught on the CAMERAS when taking pictures at haunted places all over the world. So, for me it 50-50.

A full year later I visited my client again and queried about whether or not there was anything new to report. She said that the same things were happening but that she has gone to the court house and done some research on the building and its previous inhabitants. She found that a young boy by the name of Robert has lived there, nearly one hundred years ago. He had contracted tetanus, a common condition in that time for which there was no vaccine nor treatment for. Tetanus is spread by the feces of horses and cattle, both of which used the streets of the small town during that time period. Stepping on a nail or other sharp object could easily infect one. Robert succumbed to the affliction, quite a terribly painful and agonizing way in which to perish. I found it ironic that they had been referring to him as "Bob" even before they had done the research. I left again for my hotel, the same one as usual in Mexia, Texas. But this time I felt as though someone was with me on my ride there. I brushed off the sensation and continued with my nightly routine when I got to my destination and after watching some shows on television I dozed off. I awoke paralyzed, fully unable to move. I remember seeing a very young boy with freckles just beside my bed. He pulled up my covers just under my chin and I wanted to move and ask him why he was there. It seemed as if it was an eternity until I could finally stir and I then shouted "Robert! What the 4311 are you doing, boy?" I opened my eyes and there was nothing amiss. The bed linens were down to my waist as they should have been and the room was very quiet. Although dawn was yet hours away, I arose early that morning.

To be continued...

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

Interesting topic. For me ghost is not human soul or anything. They are devil that mimicking human. When a human born, they accompanied with angel and devil. After human died, angel back to heaven and the devil still remains in this world but different realm. That devil which mimicking human, so the ghost is actually a devil not human soul. The devil holds all the evils committed by human beings when they live so that why ghosts that people saw is like something "terrible". About ghost which haunted abandoned places, its different. They are Genie.

Why someone can saw it and others cannot. That because They not affects our eyes but affects direct to our brain. They make illusion on our brain so they can be anything they want us to saw. Sometimes, when a group of people encountering supernatural event, only few or one person who can saw its. Someone can saw it like a human, others saw it like animal or creepy things but others not saw it. This also applied to camera, the genie spreads its energy to create a form that can be captured by a camera. To creating illusion like this, Genie need lots of energy but they rarely had their own energy, so they will trying to scare us because if we afraid to them, they will consume our negative energy and able to make more illusions, noises, or moving somethings (Poiltergeist). That why supernatural events more easy experienced by people who believe and afraid to ghost but hardly experienced by people who not believe them because not believe means not afraid for me.

Why they live on abandoned places? No, they not only live on these places but everywhere among us but in different realm. But they gather to places that been sacred by human. These places ideal for them because our believe about haunted place make us spread negative energy. More people afraid to a place, more negative energy that they can consume. If they have enough energy, they can create something to make people believe if that place is haunted.

Why they exist? I not really know since I not really care about them but they exist for some purposes.

Maybe I too much talking so if you not pleasant with my words, please just don't mind me. We have different background after all.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

^ Thanks for your post. I love the fact that we can all recount our beliefs here as diverse as they are. it helps us all to understand one another better, does it not?

A week or so later, I was passing through Hearne, Texas again on my way back from seeing a different client in Bryan, I debated in my mind as to whether or not to stop by and see my friend at the small business in Hearne and tell her about my experience. I decided not to as the incident could easily be dismissed as sleep paralysis and my overactive subconscious. REM (rapid eye movement) atonia is the mechanism whereby the body is deprived of the electrical signals from the brain telling them to move. This prevents one from 'acting out' their dreams. Knowing that this was the most likely explanation for what had occurred, I was nevertheless compelled to pray for the spirit of the little boy and I asked God to allow him to go to a happier place than that sad old building in which he had succumbed to his dreaded disease so long ago. I distinctly remember feeling a sense of peace and relief immediately after my prayer was completed. It was the following year before I visited my client in Hearne again. I greeted her and eagerly asked her about "Robert". She said that she was a bit puzzled as to why, but it had been very quiet since my last visit, as if he had moved on. That's when I recounted my story when about when I dreamed that he had visited me as I slept and that I had days later prayed that God would find a happier place for him. She looked a bit shocked as I described what he looked like as she knew that there could be no way for me to have known the color of his hair and that he had freckles unless I had gone and read the documents at city hall myself and she knew that I had not. I saw her again another year later. Neither of us ever mentioned Robert again.

The End

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

Thats a great story Hoo! ^^
It was interesting as like many ghost hunters you fully think about the logical factors of what could have been before you conclude something as paranormal.
Your story was abit shocking i think it maybe because of our different beliefs. Though i would like to do some research according to beliefs on that.

I have a story to tell to but its not as long as Hoo's.

My aunt and mom were talking on the phone a few days ago( i dont know when but my mom recently told me about this) so, my aunt who lives in England told my mom that her daughter who lives alone in her house, was once putting her kids to bed and teaching them how to pray and things when they heard a really loud sound as if someone was saying something.My cousin and her kids everyone heard it so it couldn't be dismissed as my cousins thinking.Even though they heard the sound loud and clear they could not understand what was said.

Thanks for the ghost story Tulip. It has been documented that spirits can speak and be heard by the living, and often their words may even be understood or recorded. Also, it's possible that someone's voice from outside, a neighbor, or a passerby could have been doing the talking. In rare cases voices can carry due to weather conditions and the positions of objects that may reflect the noise. Whatever the source of the voice it would have been rather frightening. I don't doubt the possibility that it was something paranormal, perhaps they should keep an eye and ear out for future occurrences. Please keep us posted.

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

I doubt it could be a neighbor or a passer by's voice as a voice from inside the house and outside the house can be easily differentiated. Anyways its something i heard. ^^
I was watching Ghost adventures(season 6 ep 1) the other night and they had a device something like an evp recorder but it was in real time and oculd make out possible words. They used it talk to ghosts. Cool wasnt it?

There is one more thing i was thinking of sharing, but perhaps later.`

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

When I was child, on empty house near my house appears small footprints on wall. People talking its 'tuyul' footprints since only its have 3 toe. Tuyul is Genie that take form as small child and often told like to stole money.

If you interested with supernatural events on my country, you can search on youtube with 'Dunia Lain' keywords. Dunia Lain is a mystery reality TV show that challenge people to stay alone in a haunted place from 12 am to 5 am without any light (totally dark). You will find many poiltergeist, ghost appereance, noises, ect on those videos. Well I not means to promoted it or something, just telling :).

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

@ Tulip: I wasn't discounting your story. I recall one episode of Ghost Hunters when something similar happened and their clients heard what sounded like voices in the room with them. Upon investigating they found a common roof shared with a neighbor who would sit outside near their window with friends and smoke and talk, leaving cigarette butts behind. That's how they debunked that particular case. That was a case that may not have been so different to that which you recounted. Nevertheless, I appreciate you all contributing, I enjoy hearing your stories and opinions very much. ^^

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

I know you weren't, I was just saying its something i heard about so i can further assume it could be neighbors or some other logical reason. ^^
I never found ghost hunt much evidence providing. the places they go to dont seem very haunted and they dont investigate in total darkness, well that night not be valid factor of not getting much evidence but they almost always ended up finding nothing. o.o;

Speaking of voices being heard.
Me and my sister were doing late night prayers a few nights ago. It was a long prayer and we could talk while still praying. In order to not disturb my sister's prayer i want reciting at the whisper i usually do. But nearing the end i got a bit tired so stated to recite a little louder, my recitation might have been a whisper. After that i thought my sister had also gotten louder. She finished the prayer before me. I thought i might have distracted her for her to racite loudly. But like she always tells me that i was being loud and distracting her she didnt say anything about it.
In the morning she said she heard someone reading at first i thought she might have heard something that i didnt hear. But when i thought about it, i asked her if she was reciting loudly and she said she hadnt the whole time. o.o It was a little shocking. Since it wasnt me, it wasnt my sister, it could not have been a passer by's or a neighbors voice since it sounded like it was the person sitting next to me.

Tulip, that's just creepy. O.O

sharonz

小姐

A little I have to admit!

50/50 and nothing more :3

Signature

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Prenez la vie comme elle vient

1. I believe in ghosts. My mum has seen one and I know someone who can see them.
2. But I haven't seen any personally. I kinda want to XD
3. No, I am not afraid of ghosts.

I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.
- The Doctor

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

I do. Spirits are always around us, creatures that you have never imagined that can exist too. Spirits that live in earth are here because they still have a bond that doesn't let them leave.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

wait is it tru that when some one get kill or is dead, they hunt that place?

Signature

dream3r

dream3r

Wonderland..Gonna find it!!

I agree with what "miss-mess" said. I personally don't believe in ghosts but jinns, those invisible creatures. Well, from what I studied and read; those creatures can harm us in such painful ways yet others don't as long as we don't harm them. I've heard lots of stories about them, and I also searched and read cause I'm so curious.
There's so many things in my mind about them, but now.. I'm too lazy to type honestly ^^; I'll spam here more next time. and if you guys are interested I can write you some of the stories I heard ^^

merged: 11-26-2012 ~ 10:30pm
Back to write here again. Well, I just wanted to add this, as I said I believe in jinns as a supernatural spirits, and they live where we do live on this earth. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards.Some of them can harm us. I do remember that was a girl in the class I'm teaching, she was older than her classmates.. she was hunted by jinns and I didn't really know, I've just heard about her and everything was going normally. then, she started to act weird and i swear! she scared the kids in her class, she even tried to harm them and they were always escaping the class crazily.. fortunately, my department was so close to her class and some of the teacher went to see what was going on and I swear they said she talked like a man! her voice has changed! I admit that I was too afraid to go there... I was new and it was my first experience to see that in real.. it's true that I did read and read many stories about them, but what happened was one of the scariest things which happened to me! fortunately, she was always so normal at my classes and she loved me. She's really poor little girl, I really wish that jinn who lives inside her leave her and let her free...

You'll alwaysRisewhen othersfall..
KUWAIT! <3

i believe in ghosts

what made you belive in ghosts inesforlife?

Signature

i do not know,while there is so many things that the science can know make them clear, try to no believe they are inexistence. If really exist, there must have the rules like we are.

http://www.robustbuy.com RobustBuy is a top choice B2C e-commerce site worldwide. Accessible in more than 200 countries, we provide consumers with high-quality products and services at the most competitive prices.

I wonder what rules would they be and what would happend if your break them?

Signature

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.