Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT-Maigetsu: Issue No. 36 - Minitokyo

MT-Maigetsu: Issue No. 36

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

Mt-Maigetsu: Issue No 36
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/SolenmSerpent/mtm_36_banner.png
This month's banner was made by SolemnSerpent.

CONTENTS

A/ What's New in Minitokyo:
Wintry Wonderland II!
B/ Mai-chan's Mail bag!
Valentine's Day wishes!
C/ The MT Planet
Join us for the adventures of The Sheqel and his companions!
D/ Mod Life
Fran is scary
E/ Two Truths and a Lie
What is true?
F/ Play That Funky Music!
We're MAKEing PROGRESS! and staying NEWTRAL~
G/ Manga Spotlight
A different take on teacher x student relationships
H/ Get to Know Your MT Staff!
Get to know our newest Mod!
I/ Featured Members
Working to Make Your her Best!
J/ Staff Picks
Artwork that deserves more love!
K/Competitions and Projects
Are you missing out on the fun? Join in :D
L/ Group Ads
Looking for a new group to join, or to make new friends?
M/ Have your say!
Mai-chan loves to feel loved!
N/ The Usual Stuff
The enlightening links to Minitokyo Zen-dom...
------

A/ RECENTLY IN MINITOKYO...
By fireflywishes

Hello again minna-san! Long time no see, ne? Due to real life craziness, we had to postpone publishing last month, so to make up for it we bring you this DOUBLE issue filled with truth... and lies! See if you can spot them! XD

Wintry Wonderland II
If you missed the results thread, check out the winners here!: Click Me!

Retirement
cyanideblizzard
It is with a heavy heart that we announce the retirement of the gentleman, CyanideBlizzard. We would like to thank him for all of his hard work and dedication to the site. MT will not be the same without you on Staff! Please be sure to stop by his guestbook and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Edit: See Mod Life for explanation.

------

B/ MAI-CHAN'S MAILBAG

Quote by aozoraskiesHappy Valentine's day, Mai-chan <3 <3
I hope you enjoy your haul of Winter gifts this time round. :D
Also.... Hey, Mai-chan, gave any Valentine treats out today? You know you'll only get choc in March if you give a Valentine to someone. ;)

Pass my Valentine greetings to BotFreya and BotChii as well. :P

Quote by back07http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aiIIRcA3Jy0/TWTjeIFvdDI/AAAAAAAAAF0/ki19313dRog/s1600/happy-valentine-day-073.jpg

Quote by SheqelMai-chan, I love you and want you to have all of my little Sheq babies. Please won't you be mine?

------

C/THE MT PLANET
Written by alenas, SolenmSerpent, and SnickerdoodleNinja.

Disclaimer: This story is a way of re-interpreting concepts already present in Doctor Who. This story is for fun and sharing but obviously not for profit.

What if we told you that Sheqel wasn't just the administrator of Minitokyo, but he was actually another being from a far off part of the universe?
That he went on fantastic adventures for many years, until he finally decided to settle down and create a community called Minitokyo?
With his sonic keyboard and mouse, he maintains swift and stern justice against bugs and glitches to maintain the balance and harmony of MInitokyo.

-----
Narrator Who Usually Only Pops Up Conveniently At The End: After more than a month of suppressing Ginger’s strike against the authors for making her ask all of the convenient, plot-advancing questions being lost in the space-time continuum, Ginger and Trevor are back! But what will MT have in store for them today? 

Snicker: Ooh, how ‘bout some explosions? This series could really use more KABOOM! *excitedly grabs matches and fireworks and all the flammable objects she can find*
Sol: I’m still in favor of the Satan Pit, myself…
Alenas: Uhh, guys? We kinda won’t have anyone left to torture if y’all burn or otherwise kill off our main characters…I mean, we won’t have a story! That’s right, we won’t have a story left, that’s what I said…
Snicker: NOW who’s the violent one?
Sol: Oh well, guess we’ll just have to be surprised with the outcome…
---
Ginger: *sneezes* Hey Trevor, do you feel like we’re being talked about?
Trevor: I’m sure you’re just sneezing because of the draft in the room, Ginger; it’s a bit chilly in here, after all. *whispers* Don’t make them angry, Ginger! Just play dumb and stick to the script before they sick the Daleks on us again! 
Ginger: *shivers* No, not Daleks! *pulls out script* So Trevor, what are we going to do today?
Trevor: Well, our sadistic writers I thought that today might be a good day to visit the wonderful wonderful world of Indy Art! 
Ginger: Sounds good to me! But as usual, let me ask…how are we going to get there?
Trevor: Well, I took the TARDIS from The Sheqel as an April fool’s prank. I figure he can’t get mad at me if it’s for April fool’s day.
The Sheqel: Actually, I’m pretty sure I can still get ma-
*Trevor shoves The Sheqel out of the screen*
The Sheqel: Gyah!
Trevor: Well, off we go!

*TARDIS creaks to a stop, and Ginger steps outside to a desert*
Ginger: Ick, a desert? REALLY? I would have expected something a little less…dead. 
Trevor: Now, now, don’t say that! The Adipose will get their feelings hurt if you keep up like that. 
Ginger: Adipose? As in…fat? Last time I checked fat didn’t have feelings. 
Trevor: You cold, insensitive person…sheesh, I know you have one less heart than our favorite Time Lord, but I didn’t expect you to be THIS unfeeling! If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were one of the Cybermen. Of course Adipose have feelings! 
Ginger: Erm…maybe I’m just not used to the edges of my steak having feelings?

*awkward silence ensues as tumbleweed rolls in the background*

Ginger: *poking Trevor with a stick* Hey, weren’t we supposed to be exploring this place? Stop sulking about the Adipose and get on with things. The writer’s clearly getting tired and needs some sleep. Making her stay up later will likely only get us into worse situations, right? I mean, I think I can already see her lighting a match and cackling with glee…
Trevor: A-alright, let’s go! I haven’t forgiven you, but I’d rather not be burnt to a crisp just yet…quick, follow that tumbleweed!

*the two arrive at a little wild west town*

Trevor: Alright, now that we’re here, how about some tips? That’s all the two of us are really good for anyways. Yo, Sheriff! 

*there's a sound of spurs clinking together with old western movie music* 

Trevor: *sings* I shot the sheriff....but I didn't shoot the deputy~ 
*Sheriff Wisely steps out of the shadows in all her glory, chewing on tobacco and pointing a gun at Trevor and Ginger* 
Trevor: I shot th...oh, crud.
Sheriff: Stop! Who goes there? Show yourself! *squints*
Trevor: Uhh....we're right here...in plain daylight. *waves*
Sheriff: ...I forgot my stylish sunglasses today and I'm facing sunlight, humor me. Oh, Trevor is that you? I thought I recognized your squeaky voice...
Trevor: *splutters* Squeaky? SQUEAKY? *squeaks*
Ginger: *snickers*
Sheriff: Ah, there, you see, it is you! *squints* Who's that apparition next to you? Must I shoot her?
Ginger: *squeaks as well*[i]
Trevor: As much as I'd like you to at this point, no, don't - she's Ginger; she's new here and I thought you could show her how the Indy Art section works. 
Ginger: [i]*mutters*
Besides running high on cholesterol...
Trevor:*jabs her in the ribs* Hush.
Sheriff: Right then, follow me, ladies! 
*They all arrive at the sheriff's office where they meet with the sheriff's deputy Francis. 
Deputy: *chews on tobacco and eyes them shrewdly* Ah, it's you again.
Trevor: *stares* ...Deputy Francis.
*cue showdown music*
Sheriff: *whistles* Knock it off, both of you! We're here to teach this kid something, not destroy my office. Again. 
Trevor: Fine, fine. So, what do you got for us?
Sheriff: *points at the posters behind him on the wall* See those things behind me with 'Wanted' signs on them?
*Trevor and Ginger nod*
Sheriff: That's who you're not supposed to behave like. So, take a good look at these beauties: Image Enlarged, Multiple Submissions, Unfinished Works, Improper Description and Photographed Image - these are all nasty little buggers we have to deal with from time to time and they always somehow manage to wiggle through our grasp. They're one rough and tough, crazy family, I tell you. My deputy and I are dealing with them the best we can but we also like to rely on the help of other citizens on MT-verse. So, don't act like them, report to us if you see them and things'll be juuuust peachy. *spits*
Trevor and Ginger: *nod nod*
Sheriff: Now that we got that clear, how 'bout a nice cup of co-
*alarm bells go off in the office*
Deputy: Ahh, there we go - it's that darn Improper Description again. He's in the northwest region causing havoc in the deserts! Honestly, how hard is it for him to describe his work and tell us what sort of tools he used? 
Sheriff: He never learns. *puts hat on* Let's go then!
Ginger: Wait, hold on, what about us?
Sheriff: Showtime's over, ladies, back home you go; I wouldn't want to shoot you accidentally.
Deputy: *eyes Trevor* Well actually, that could be arra-
Sheriff: Francis....
Deputy: Yes, yes, no shooting up random civilians. 
Sheriff: Off we go then, no time to lose! Be careful on your way back and mind those Adipose, will you? Ta~ 
*cue western movie music*
*Trevor and Ginger watch as Sheriff and her Deputy ride off dramatically on their horses and into the sunset, only dust remaining behind them* 

Trevor: ...what drama queens. 
Ginger: ....Uh, so what now? We stay here or go home? I mean, I can see the saloon but it looks empty. 
Trevor: Yeah, we better go home, I wouldn't want them to come back and accuse us of trying to steal something. 
Ginger: *shudders* ....Wait, where's the TARDIS again?
Trevor: Uhh, in the desert, remember?
Ginger: *moans* All the way there? Couldn't you just park it here somewhere, geez...
Trevor: You'll live. Come on, let's go home. [/i][/i]

*half an hour later, a parched Ginger and a heaving Trevor are still walking through the desert* 
Ginger: This....is...all your....FAULT! 
Trevor: Shut....up...I'm not....feeling...any....better...either! This...sun's ...KILLING me!
Ginger: Remind me...to...never....listen...to...you...again! Ugh...WATEEERRRR~
Trevor: STOP YELLING, YOU'LL DISTURB THE....Oh, no.... 
*suddenly, the sand around them starts to move and slither and small white balls look up to peek at them in annoyance* 
Trevor: Oh, no....oh, no! We...interrupted their sleep!
Ginger: ...what in the world IS that?
Trevor: Adipose! And their crazy Nanny! 
The Nanny (not THAT Nanny): Seize them, my children! Don't let them get away! CHARGE! 
Trevor and Ginger: EEEK!
Trevor: Run, Ginger! RUN!
Ginger: But they look so harmless and dare I say cute!
Trevor: They won't be once they run you over - that's more than a ton of FAT, remember?
Ginger: O_O 

Conveniently snatched narrator: And so, Trevor and Ginger ran through the desert with an angry mob of Adipose on their heels. And one psychotic alien Nanny, too. Ah, the fun never stops here! So, don't forget to join us next time, in a brand new adventu- 
Ginger: I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M BEING CHASED AROUND BY FATBALLS!
Trevor: SHUT UP AND RUN! 

Conveniently snatched narrator: ....yes, well, you get the drift. Toodles! *tips hat* 

*somewhere far away*
Snicker: *snickers* Did you see the looks on their faces? Priceless!
Sol: I still vote for the Satan Pit. 
Alenas: *pats Sol* Maybe next time, Sol, maybe next time. *grins*

*somewhere far, far away* 
The Sheqel: *sobs and clenches a tissue* I mean, sometimes I just feel like I'm being too nice, you know?
Counselor: *nods* 

THE END. 
------

D/ MOD LIFE
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/Cyan/AReturnToMinitokyoMomentWithFran.jpg

------

E/ TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE
Let's play a game... Each Staff Member has come up with 3 statements. Two of them are true, one of them is false. Can you figure out which one it is?

alenas:
1. I'm a cat person.
2. I like to listen to K-pop.
3. DOGS manga is one of my obsessions.

SolemnSerpent:
1. I have a big girl-crush on Zooey Deschanel.
2. When I first saw Dragonball Z, one of my now favorite anime, I hated it. I thought it was too violent, and I quickly changed the channel whenever it began to air.
3. I own and occasionally wear a Twilight t-shirt.

MadoshiKurefu:
1. I love Lestat and nearly all kinds of vampires. So I've watched the movie "Interview with the Vampire" more than 30 times.
2. I'm such a big fan of Edward Cullen that I only go to sleep after looking for a few minutes at his life-size poster that hangs in my room.
3. Once in a while I have crazy nightmares of monsters and zombies where I get murdered or eaten alive by them.

angelxxuan:
1. I really like bunnies
2. I like spending time in the great outdoors
3. I really hate it when my black nail polish runs out

Kitaan:
1.Kitaan loves Ecchi :x
2. Kitaan sleeps with a plush collection of Sailor Moon :P
3. Kitaan loves to star gaze & talk to the stars! :0

Hooyaah
1.I used to be a vegan.
2. I am am on a low carbohydrate diet now.
3. I was not born in Texas.

DokiDokiChan
1. I currently own three cats.
2. My laptop's name is Calcifer.
3. I love sauerkraut.

SnickerdoodleNinja:
1. Snicker once punched Chuckie Cheese in the back because she was afraid of him.
2. Snicker only likes the bad boys; don't even come and talk to her if you haven't committed at least 3 crimes or don't have body piercings and a motorcycle.
3. Snicker just realized as she was typing this up that you can adjust the text-box size on MT via the thing on the bottom right corner. Mind=blown.

Bernouli
1. Inuyasha is my favorite anime evaar~
2. Sesshomaru is my favorite character.
3. Kagome is my least favorite character.

------

F/ PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC!
Brought to you this month by Aiira AND fireflywishes! Aiira is up first!

http://i41.tinypic.com/sxybrs.jpg

Artist: Nami Tamaki
Album Featured: Make Progress [2005]
Label: Sony Music Japan

Did everyone had a nice Valentines Day? Or did you spend your night with a tub of ice-cream & movies? Now that the month for lovers is done, let's get on with another famous Japanese Singer.

For this month, we will feature Nami Tamaki known as the Princess of anime OST's, where most of her songs we're either used as an insert song or opening/ending themes.

Nami auditioned for Sony Music Japan in 2001 when she was thirteen years old, where she was selected out of 1,000 hopeful applicants. Making her one of the youngest Japanese Singers to become successful at a young age.

Her album Make Progress which was released in 2005 shot Tamaki as one of the most popular Japanese Singers all over Asia. Make Progress was Tamaki's first album to have reached Number One in the Oricon Charts and is the most successful to date.

This album includes a few of her most successful singles to date. To start with, anyone recognizes the title Reason? If you thought it's from the anime Gundam SEED then you're right, the song was positively received by anime fans and song-writers that Tamaki was choosen to sing most of the anime's song, even using the song to one of Sunrise's most popular anime Code Geass. Another single is titled Heart & Soul (Daitan Ni Ikimashou) which is a cover of the song A Perfect Match by Swedish Band A*Teens. The Music Video showed Tamaki dancing in a pool with back-up dancers from different nationalities, mainly Japanese & American back-up dancers. Her dancing was also noted as one of the best in the year 2005. The last song that will be featured is titled Fortune which claimed the 6th spot on the Oricon Chart, the song was also used as a theme for the PlayStation 2 game Radiata Stories. In the Music Video Tamaki is seen dancing in a room full of red curtains or in a black background while she's holding a red drape and is seen sorrounded by red petals. Her fashion for the music video is also something that should be noted down, while most singers would settle for shorts & t-shirts while dancing, Tamaki took it to another level. While wearing a cowboy hat, Tamaki also added the red drapes to her costume, taking into note that her costume is something that is usually used when doing a hip-hop music video, Tamaki rocked the ripped short & tank-top. No other girl, could carry herself like she does.

LINKS:
Wikipedia
Reason
Heart & Soul (Daitan ni Ikimashou)
Fortune
======
Now it's firefly's turn!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/firefly/ikimonogakarinewtral.jpg
Artist: Ikimono Gakari
Album: NEWTRAL
Label: Epic Records (Sony Music Japan)

Tracklist:
1.Aruite Ikou (歩いていこう)
2.Warattetainda (笑ってたいんだ)
3.Itsudatte Bokura wa (いつだって僕らは)
4.kiss KISS BANG BANG
5.Ai ni Iku yo (会いにいくよ)
6.Chikyuu (地球)
7.Sentimental Boyfriend (センチメンタル・ボーイフレンド)
8.Shiroi Diary (白いダイアリー)
9.Koi Uta (恋詩)
10.new WORLD MUSIC
11.Ai Kotoba (愛言葉)
12.Oyasumi (おやすみ)

So, I was introduced to this group by The Boy, and must say I've been pleasantly surprised. It's been awhile since I listened to jpop, though I'd say that NEWTRAL is more of a lounge rock album.

Ikimono Gakari is a 3-person group consisting of Kiyoe Yoshioka (Vocals), Hotaka Yamashita (Guitar and harmonica), and Yoshiki Mizuno (Guitar and vocals). If the name sounds familiar to any Shonen anime fans out there, their single "Blue Bird" was the 3rd OP for the Naruto Shippuden anime.

firefly's favorite tracks from the album would be "Ai Kotoba"-- a slower song, but with strong vocals and quite a lovely melody (The piano in it doesn't hurt either... XD), and "New World Music"-- an upbeat track that screams "MAKE ME AN ENDING THEME FOR AN ANIME". ^_~

The Boy is pretty partial to "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", which I'll admit, took me a few listens before I was able to appreciate it. (Though, it's still not one of my favorite tracks from the album.)

Their most recent single from the album is "Itsudatte Bokura wa", a happy, upbeat song that'll have you swaying to Kiyoe's vocals and the background orchestration.

Really, there's no song that I really dislike on this album... they're mostly mellow, typical lounge rock style songs that'll keep your mind occupied while doing other things... like surfing the net, or in my case, cleaning up after 24 kindergarteners. ^_~

I'd highly recommend this album, or at least a cursory listen if you're not typically a lounge rock fan... you may be pleasantly surprised! Included below are a few videos -- Kimagure Romantic is pure jpop-- it's very catchy and the video is SUPER cute, but it's a completely different style from NEWTRAL. ^_~

LINKS:
Wikipedia
"Kimagure Romantic" MV on Facebook-- must have Facebook account to view
-----
If you have a J-Pop/K-Pop band/singer that you think deserves a spotlight, please send Aiira a message. Honestly, I have been lacking in the music section lately due to ridiculous school & work schedule. HELP ME!
------

G/ MANGA SPOTLIGHT
Written by srsn.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/srsn/daisukidattayosenseiban.png
Daisuki Datta yo, Sensei
By Shiraishi Yuki

Ok What do we have here? Another Student x Teacher type of manga. I was quite shock to see that not many people noticed this one checking from MU and MAL so I'm now gonna write a review for this.

You guys might be thinking this is just your typical Student X Teacher type wherein both of them met at school, fell in love and then since it's forbidden, they try to cover up the relationship. Most of the time, manga about Student X Teacher are like that, but I tell you THIS SERIES TOOK QUITE A DIFFERENT TURN CONSIDERING THAT IT'S JUST 2 CHAPTERS. It actually started off with something different. It's pacing and development, both plot and character wise, is actually very nice and not abrupt considering that it's 2 chapters.

The art is very eye catching and nice too.

If you're thinking this series goes along with Chocolate Cosmos, Chocolate Kiss, Otona Pink about Student X Teacher relationship. I am telling you IT'S NOT.

It's a very unique manga considering that there are way too many Student X Teacher genres out there. That's why I'm giving it a 10, because it's story stood out.

-----

H/ GET TO KNOW YOUR MT STAFF
This month we bring you an interview with alenas!
This month's interview was conducted by SnickerdoodleNinja

--------------
Snicker: What sections of MT do you feel you work with most?
alenas: Well, since I'm a wallpaper Mod, that would be wallpapers definitely. Though I occasionally dab in forums and helping with MTM.

Snicker: What is your favorite part about being a moderator?
alenas:Hmm, I'm going to sound so evil, lol but I like catching wallpaper rippers in the act, haha. Other than that, helping out members with advice and guidelines regarding quality and what's acceptable.

Snicker: What are some things you feel qualify a wall for entry into the elite gallery?
alenas: Hmm...it depends on a lot of things really (elite/Mod's own taste as well) but overall quality is definitely a must, as well as originality and creativity that makes the wallpaper stand out from the others. It has to have that 'something' that makes it, you know, special and catchy. At least that's my opinion :3

Snicker: How would you describe your style of walling?
alenas: Ahh, that's pretty easy - it's usually a vectoring/painting combination. I've tried other styles like old school blending, typography and vexeling (which made me swear like a sailor at the screen) but I'm most comfortable with my vectopainting XD

Snicker: Is there anyone that you would say has influenced what work and style?
alenas: Oh, yes, definitely - back when I first started, it were wallers like anbuu, grayserg and asa that inspired me. I guess I kind of developed my own thing from there onwards.
Snicker: muwahaha~ here come the random questions!
alenas: Let it rip!

Snicker: If you could marry any one anime or manga character, who would it be?
alenas: Oh, you just had to throw that in, didn't you? How can a fangirl possibly choose? *woe* I guess that would be Haine Rammsteiner from DOGS...but since he goes bonkers around women, I'd probably end up dead before I popped the question. Hmmm...guess I'd go with Hibari Kyoya...but then again, he'd probably kill me, too. Crud. >__> Cloud Strife. Safest option. Period. XD

Snicker: If your life was a movie, what would it be called?
alenas: Probably something along the lines of 'Landed on Earth by Accident'

Snicker: Est-ce que tu aimes le fromage?
alenas:......Uhh...do I like cheese? .__.
Snicker: ...yes... :)
alenas: YES. I would eat it with everything if I could. XD (Who would've thought I took a lucky guess at French and was right? XD)

Snicker: What's one of the strangest things you've ever done?
alenas: Walked around graveyard after midnight probably, lol. I swear, it wasn't as weird and morbid as it sounds. XD
Snicker: haha...sounds like alenas was up to some shady business ~
alenas: I was 14 and were at a party with my class from primary school (it was a farewell party) - so we all decided to go to the graveyard as a sort of a courage quest. I actually live near the graveyard so I was all 'pffft, you sissies, just follow me, k?'

Snicker: What are some of your favorite obsessions?
alenas: DOGS manga, tea, reading fanfics till 3 am just to list a few XD Oh and books - I'm a total bookworm XD

Snicker: Do you have any final words before we close?
alenas: Ugh, I hate coming up with final words..... Hrm, I'd probably like to stress only one thing (as a responsible MT Mod, lawl) - don't forget to put signatures on the wallpapers, pleaaaase. If you do, you make me sad. That is all. XD
-----
That concludes this month's "Get to Know Your MT Staff!" Remember, if you have a member of the staff that you'd like to know more about or would like to submit a question, send it to fireflywishes via PM.
------

I/ FEATURED MEMBERS

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/Alenas/mtm_issue36_featmember.png

Quote: Raffachan has been doing a great job lately putting colors back in MT. Her latest wallpapers consists of bold colors add diversity to Minitokyo's wallpaper section. Keep adding colors to MT Raffa and keep up the good work!

Nominated by Aiira. Banner by alenas

J/ STAFF PICKS

Ginny Weasley and The Trio by detectiveblue

This piece really deserves more love. The roundness of the characters' faces combined with the watercolor-work calls to mind the classic manga style.

chosen by fireflywishes

Bad-Bye! by Sakura-Dust
Bad-Bye! by Sakura-Dust

Interesting combination of colors and typography, together with beautiful and crisp vectoring definitely make for a very colorful and lively looking wallpaper. Great job, Sakura-Dust!

chosen by alenas

Soul Phrase by Ryuuen
Soul Phrase by Ryuuen

I think the submission speaks for itself. Ryuuen's high level of talent is evident in this piece-- From the character design, to the atmosphere (glowing moon) Ryuu just seems to get everything right.

chosen by fireflywishes

Twenty-Fifth Baam by LENb
Twenty-Fifth Baam by LENb

Besides spreading more love for manhwa, LENb's usage of interesting typography, colors and patterns really made this wall stand out.

chosen by alenas

Fading in Roses by orange-lisa

Fading in Roses by orange-lisa
A mixture of cool blue shades and excellently blended, warm flowers, orange-lisa's portrayal of Ciel Phantomhive is absolutely stunning. Great job! 

chosen by SnickerdoodleNinja

Nura:Pandemonium by kuryuki
Nura:Pandemonium by kuryuki

Honestly, I really love the way that Kuryuki executed this piece. She gave her own personal touch to the piece while still keeping in tone with the original image. It's a visual treat to the eyes.

chosen by CyanideBlizzard

-----
Do you know of an item you think deserves more love? You can actually PM Mai-chan about it! Include the gallery item and a short reason why you think it's great. If Mai-chan also thumbs up, we'll feature it next issue! Just don't nominate your own gallery items X-P Cheeky cheeky!

------

K/ COMPETITIONS AND PROJECTS
in alphabetical order

Group: http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/make-your-best.gif
Contest Announcement: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t72014
Theme of the contest:
This contest is for ALL submissions that have a Member ART TAG applied on them! It could be a wallpaper or an indyart, as well as a fanart or an original art!
Anyway, the first theme will be: BLUE EYES :D So any member art's submission that has blue eye/s in it can be used for this contest :3

Prizes:
- AWARD for the First Place of MT MEMBERS' rank (MT Members' choice award)
- AWARD for the First Place of Judges' rank (Judges' choice award)
- AWARD for the First Place of the final rank
All awarded works will be add in the FEATURED GALLERY ITEMS of the group :)

Deadline:
14 APRIL 2012 at midnight GMT

Group:http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/make-your-best.gif
Contest Announcement: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t71991?page=1
Theme of the contest:
This contest will be for everything that goes under IndyART> Vector ART. So this isn't a contest for the wallpaper section, but for the indyart section :3
The first theme for this type of contest will be very simple: SPRING TIME people :D So you can vectorize any scan that has the SPRING TAG applied here on MT :3

Prizes:
- AWARD for the First Place of MT MEMBERS' rank (MT Members' choice award)
- AWARD for the First Place of Judges' rank (Judges' choice award)
- AWARD for the First Place of the final rank
All awarded works will be add in the FEATURED GALLERY ITEMS of the group :)

Deadline:
8 april 2012 at midnight GMT

Remember if you don't tell us it's on, we can't tell everyone else. ;)

------

L/ GROUP ADS

++Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook!++

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/make-your-best.gif - Do you like competition? Do you want to improve your walls? This is the right group for you! :D

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/minitokyo-review.gif - Like to write? Want to find new ways to participate in Minitokyo? Drop by Minitokyo-Review and learn more about the Reviews section of MT, and meet the people who make it fun.

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/userpageskindesigns.gif - This group consists of MTers who love making userpages and want to display them, and enjoy making others for MT'ers who cannot :) We are looking for volunteers who wish to help out making userpage skins.

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/doujinshi-support-club.gif - Do you draw with pen, pencil, crayons, tablet or other media? Do you want to improve your skills or share your own talents with other people? Or do you just plain love doujinshi? Then this group is for you!

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/vectory.gif - Love vectoring? Then, join this group! It features high-quality wallpapers and vectors, as well as tutorials for you to learn.

------

M/ HAVE YOUR SAY!

Want to see your group advertised, we now request you send in your group as well as a short summary of it's purpose or current highlights. This will of course become far more useful that an icon alone. Also if you feel there is a group or a member worthy of nomination in the MTM again please PM it. Questions, comments, whatever, simply PM the MTM with the subject MYVOICE.

Remember the MTM is determined by you! ^^

Below are banners: featured member, featured group, a MTM writer and I <3 MTM banner (free for use by everyone).
Feel free to use these banners anywhere you want- signature, group page, userpage or even personal blog/ site! Please click them to get the hosting link.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5404/featmemberuv5.gif http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3351/featgroupum8.gif http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5015/writeryo3.gif http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4294/mtmlovekz7.gif

Looking forward to your company next month (and keep sending me PMs T.T)
From botchii, with love
Call me Mai-chan <3

------

N/ THE USUAL STUFF
All about the Mt-Maigetsu: requests, ads and features --> To know how to advertise and nominate your group or member you would like to see on the MTM!
The Policy --> A must read!
The Userguide --> For day to day living!
Forum guidelines --> Keeping it clean!
Common problems and their solutions --> Got you covered!

Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Links compiled by LittleJonny100

==--== ==--==

(c) Mt-Maigetsu 2012; any part of the Mt-Maigetsu or in its entirety cannot be reproduced in other publications without prior permission from the author(s). If you wish to share the Mt-Maigetsu, simply share the url- thank you.

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

omg another issue in which I did not participate ;___; I'm so sorry OTL

Lol @ me in Cyan's mod life

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

You participated in spirit Fran! <3

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I think your participation was felt in two sections, Fran. : P

Seriously great issue, Mai-chan! I look forward to another great issue next time.

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Nya, congratulations on the new Double Issue! \o/
And also, on Cy-sama's re-promotion (or un-retirement :P).
Glad to have you back!
As for the truths and lies... well, I can only tell a couple... XD

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I see Cy was placed in a gutter xD anyways welcome back to MT Cy :D Glad to have you back.
Double Issue is AWSOM :D (note: the letter 'E' was purposely not included)
Now, I'm gonna try my best with the truth & lies XD

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

TrizHuo

TrizHuo

Ranmao, The Blue Cat Of Lau-sama

wow, thank you for this lovely piece of art... mai-chan xD
this is the very first time I've ever read stuff like this...
i love it alot xDDDD
looking forward next issue, xD

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ I was born to serve Lau-sama...in every single kind of way. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I don't think Snickie likes bad boys. :o

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

ROTFLMAO !
Poor CB...Hang in there buddy.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

pretty pretty pics ! I really liked this one, now see what happens when you got free time and "they" know about it :O the shortest retired mod ever in the history of mt, cb is legendary before his time !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

SkyVongola

SkyVongola

Be Yourself, Be Happy, It's Life

Epic story, and as always, LOL

Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist.

alenas: Are you really a cat person?

SolemnSerpent: The seemingly obvious lie is the twilight shirt. But she probably owns one anyway.

MadoshiKurefu: Cannot tell which one is not true.

angelxxuan: All I know is the most significant truth: BUNNIES.

Kitaan: So what did the stars say to you? Is it along the lines of "You is crazy mortal." Nice username btw.

Hooyaah: Low carbohydrate diet? LIES.

DokiDokiChan: I cannot tell which one is a lie. Maybe owning three cats. Kittehs are vicious.

SnickerdoodleNinja: The bad boys part is a lie. Only because the word "criminal" is included in. I assume she likes bad boys without the criminal part.

Bernouli: Not sure which one is a lie but I call foul on Kagome. *Kagome fan right herrrre*

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

LOL, the mod's life comic was the best. XD

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Cyan is back in blue, and with a new awesome/funny comic, too <3 Fran is becoming more scary time to time, but... thanks Fran to bring back our tiger XD

AND...THANKS for featuring me ç__________________ç Expecially to Aiira to nominate me, and for alenas for the beatiful banner! (Kunie <3)

Thanks for thi issue, Mai-chan <3

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

waouh! an other great issue! :D the comic was really funny x'D and everything was very interesting! (^.^)b
congrats to Raffa for being the featured member! *applauses* ;D

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Quote: Bernouli
(...)
3. Kagome is my least favorite character.

Forever win!

Signature

Well, I'm going to try to guess the lie among the two truths. I think that it would be interesting if others did too and see who can guess th most correctly. OK, here goes:

alenas: "I'm a cat person" (false)

SolemnSerpent "I own and occasionally wear a Twilight t-shirt." (false)

MadoshiKurefu: "Once in a while I have crazy nightmares of monsters and zombies where I get murdered or eaten alive by them." (false)

angelxxuan: "I like spending time in the great outdoors." (false)

Kitaan: "Kitaan loves Ecchi :x." (false)

Hooyaah: "I am am on a low carbohydrate diet now." (false)
Wait, I got that wrong, didn't I? >.<

DokiDokiChan: "I love sauerkraut." (false)

SnickerdoodleNinja: "Snicker only likes the bad boys; don't even come and talk to her if you haven't committed at least 3 crimes or don't have body piercings and a motorcycle." (false)

DokiDokiChan: "I love sauerkraut." (false)

Bernouli: "Kagome is my least favorite character." (false)

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

lols at the comic XD

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Hmm.. mail didn't go through again..
Double issues like this are amazing though, as usual.. never at a loss for words.
...So about that failure section I said 4 months ago..
->

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

very nice website i like it thank you all.

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

CyanideBlizzard-san was retired because of the illness, pretty sound sad for me. Uh...I'm talking about people who have sickly, even for my mother and my friends. Mod life manga seemed to be understandable and interesting.

Signature Image

elegant and surprising. I like

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.