Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help with cosplay ideas - Minitokyo

Help with cosplay ideas

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Okay, I’m just going to put it out there. I’m an Indian girl with fairly dark skin.
Now the reason I said that is that I’m thinking about cosplaying at the next convention I go to, however I can’t seem to find any thing I can cosplay as and not look like an idiot (because of my skin tone).

The only thing so far anyone has been able to come up with, is princess jasmine but I kinda want an anime/manga character.

So if any of you awesome people can help with ideas that would be awesome.

I don't even know why i chose this username, my names not even Lucy...

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Cosplaying a character of different ethnicity might not be as big a deal as you think it is.

Anyway the two most popular dark skinned characters I can think of are Yoroichi from Bleach and Ed from Cowboy Bebop.

You might also be good as a character who tans easily in the sun like Azusa from K-on.

Sorry if you already knew that >.<

I agree with UsagixKitsune, I don't think skin tone matters that much. ^^" Hmm... just don't choose characters with hair color other than dark brown or black, or else it'd look a bit odd i guess.
Here are a few which might work:
soifon or yoruichi (or even rukia)
Urd
Nico Robin
oh and black rock shooter is a popular costume, i don't think it'll look bad even on dark skin ^^"

or if you don't mind cross-dressing then you can try Tyki Mikk! He looks cool :O and he's so thin that it'd be fine even if a girl cosplays as him ^^"

(btw, I didn't know there are cosplayers in India too! :O)

edit: Who would not know about New Zealand? They play awesome cricket! xD
(and I guess the Shire from LOTR is located in New Zealand somewhere :O)

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

I'm not in india lol. I live in New Zealand (bet you don't even know where that is, no one seems to) Tyki Mikk looks awesome and i love D Gray-Man, thats an awesome idea! (I have nothing agaisnt cross-dressing. i'm quite a tom boy anyway)
I really don't think i could pull off rukia tho.
I'll keep an open mind
and hear any more ideas.
Thanks guys

EDIT: There's also Archer from Fate/Stay Night. if it weren't for the white hair, i could almost pull it off...

merged: 08-01-2012 ~ 02:35am
hey, anyone think i could pull of Princess Tomoyo from Tsubasa chronicle? i would love to go as her...

I don't even know why i chose this username, my names not even Lucy...

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.