Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WIP: original art again! - COLORING STAGE STARTED! - Minitokyo

WIP: original art again! - COLORING STAGE STARTED!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

I've just posted on my DA the WIP of the coloring part :3

Here you can see it: click me!

You can read all the description on DA , but I copy and paste it as well:

Quote: Well, the idea is pretty old, and the initial sketch is totally different XD If you're a MiniTokyo member, you can see all the "transformation" in these topics: 1 2 3

Now I started to color it. I decide to use a different tecnique of coloring, so for the first time I tried to color all in monochrome, and then I'll add colours.

At the moment I'm working on her arms' bracelets; the right one was placed in a wrong position in the lineart, so I'm trying to put it in the right place now :)

Suggestions and comments are welcome!

EDIT 13/05: really few free time -.- I had to change a little the anotomy because I noticed some mistakes. This is a closet screenshoot of the first one, just to focus on her face :3 I like how she turned out with this cute expression

EDIT 14/05: I went ahead with jewelries and I started to do some colours :3

EDIT 20/05: tail finished

EDIT 27/05: finally I finished all the mermaid @_@ Now, let's start with the background! ù.ù

EDIT 16/07: actually I started the background the same day that I finished the mermaid, but I didn't edit this deviation anymore...gommene! However...the project is going ahead, really slowly, but it is going at least ... june was a terrible busy mounth unfortunally -.-

EDIT 19/07: finished details on the two big buildings @_______@

EDIT 21/07: finished all buildings and made some base light effects, just in order to have an idea about how it should be...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

there's no other phrase to use, but oh my ! I rather like this piece already and the rest of the "click me" links are quite remarkable. in my opinion, I would color the background in both light and dark shades, it will give the mermaid more of an depth and brightness to her. I really like this piece and can't wait to see the finished work. as this is your piece, I know for a fact that you'll do things to it which will make it that much more better, sure that was bad grammar there, but this piece deserves it ! hope to see it soon !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks a lot Angel! You're too kind! >.<

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

ooooh! :D Raffa began to color her great piece of art! xD it's going greatly as I see :3 I like the color you used xD and you seem to do well even with a new technique of coloring! :D so, hmm... if you wish to keep the colors as they are now, the background should be dark.. (not too dark! :P) and then, it should be brighter around the mermaid xD and there's some light diffused there... so she'd really be the main focus.. and the colors of the background should be more pale than the colors of the mermaid... what do you think? :3
ah, I searched some images and this illustrates my idea of the light behind the mermaid x) y'know, that ray of light.. =S but it shouldn't be that bright or it'd look odd ^^'
so.. that's my little phantasm on this wall *____* but I know whatever you'll do, it'll be just GREAT! xD
Gambatte Raffa~! ♥

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

eheh...thank hitsu! Yah yah, it was exactly my idea for the background ^_^ But the "lights effects" will be the last thing I will do ;)

Spoiler (show)

sorry if I didn't answer you the last time, on your gb post, I was very busy and I lost it -.-

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

you're welcome! xD oooh, you had the same idea? ^^' that's cool :3 I'm really eager to see how it'll look when it'll be finished *____*

Spoiler (show)

aaaaaaaaah! so that's why! :D thank goodness, I was a bit afraid... ^__^ I thought you were busy but then I saw you online many times and was like (o.O?\) lol. so I didn't dare writing to you ^__^'

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

it's incredible, your extra-powers are growing up more! O__o you have no limits! Kudos for your coloring work *__* I can't wait to see the full colored version, it will be gorgeous *.*

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks mirtillo :D

Just edited the deviantART submission with a new screenshoot!
Actually I didn't made BIG progresses, but I had to edit some part of marmeid anatomy and in the meanwhile I changed her face, too XP
But I like the final expression that I got...what do you think? :3

her eyes are so luminous *_* iris is realistic (it's a great thing, imo), and excellent work onto lips, seems that she used lip gloss. Lovable the pink-ish cheeks. She's coming out adorable ^o^

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

The lips killed me at the beginning >.> But I'm happy that they turned out good :3
Anyway, I edited again the image XD I was "ispired" yesterday, so I worked until late in night @_@

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

This Update pleases me! ANOTHER!
....Random aside, I like where this is going, the painting is beautiful. I also can see that my initial presumptions of the colour scheme (bright and tropical, blue sea, colourful fish) looks less likely to happen; are you going more for a murkier atmosphere then? Say, more like this ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 ) as opposed to this ( 1 , 2 ) ? ^-^

I like her expression as it is, though it looks slightly less mischievous than in your sketch xD Ganba~

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Did you have issues with lips? So, double kudos o.o I mean, it doesn't seem, seeing the great result.

I like the latest changes, the combination red hair+green eyes is so 'azzeccato' (I don't know how the hell translate it, luckly we speak the same language ^^). Love the details onto arms jewels *.*

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

@ao: thanks! :D However, the final idea is to have a tropical and bright atmosphere :) Don't look at the colours now..I'm only tasting them, and the background colour won't be that grey-blue for sure!

@mirtillo: aahahahahah XD I don't know how we can translate, too XD thanks again!

ANYWAY EDIT AGAIN :) I'm going very slow because I have really few free time, or if I have it, I'm too much tired to draw...I hope I'll finish it before the end of this month...-.-

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

that's how time is, thus far it's going along at a fantastic rate, besides rushing things tend to make things seem rushed or gives the illusion that it just looks awful or sometimes unfinished. take your time, from your previous works I just know this one will be no exception to turning out good. I await to see it uploaded here and shared with the rest of the mt class :) but look on the bright side, you wait a few more months it can be a summer piece ! and mermaids are shiner in the summer anyways ;)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Pearls onto her hair are amazing *___* I also like how you colored the tail, and the texture like fish scales perfectly works on it, imo.

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

O____O whohoo! this is a lot better than I could have imagined it could be... I'm speechless. I really don't think you need any advices. You really know what you are doing. I'll just keep waiting for the finished piece. Good luck with it!

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

(O_O)
Looks good! I can't wait to see the finished product! Keep us posted :B

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

@angel: thanks for your kind words, AGAIN! you really cheer me up! :)
@mirtillo: thanks again, dear! however that isn't a texture, I drew that scales XD
@angeechan: thanks a lot! I hope I can really finish this soon ç_ç
@Drakill: thanks to you, too ;)

However, NEW UPDATE! But it isn't finished yet -.-

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

O_O You use GIMP? I don't like GIMP (suits XD)
But it looks cool. The fish obviously aren't finished yet.....right?

Signature Image

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by DrakillO_O You use GIMP? I don't like GIMP (suits XD)
But it looks cool. The fish obviously aren't finished yet.....right?

I LOVE Gimp ù.ù I always used it since I started made graphic/drawings on pc, and I don't have any problems with it :)
Plus, I'm using the old version...the new one it would be much better than this, but I'll download it after finishing this work :)

However, another small update! I really hope I'll finish this wall before the end of this month ç_ç

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

Quote by RaffachanI LOVE Gimp ù.ù I always used it since I started made graphic/drawings on pc, and I don't have any problems with it :)
Plus, I'm using the old version...the new one it would be much better than this, but I'll download it after finishing this work :)

However, another small update! I really hope I'll finish this wall before the end of this month ç_ç

Have you tried Photoshop? I LOVE Photoshop! XD I started on Paint Shop Pro. XD
Yeah updates are a bugger! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished image. Are you gonna upload it on TAG as well? Hope so ;D

Signature Image

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

There is no reason for use Photoshop, since I can do the same things and with a FREE program like GIMP XD
Yah, I'm not a fan of PS :p
However, now that you mentioned it, I did my first digital coloration with Paint Pro Shop, too XDD

ANYWAY we're going OFF TOPIC :p

About the drawing ...yes, I'll upload on TAG as well :)

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

Quote by RaffachanThere is no reason for use Photoshop, since I can do the same things and with a FREE program like GIMP XD
Yah, I'm not a fan of PS :p
However, now that you mentioned it, I did my first digital coloration with Paint Pro Shop, too XDD

ANYWAY we're going OFF TOPIC :p

About the drawing ...yes, I'll upload on TAG as well :)

XD
Well good luck. I bet it'll look awesome when it's done :)

Signature Image

Quote by Raffachanhowever that isn't a texture, I drew that scales XD

wow, congrats for the result!

Quote by RaffachanHowever, NEW UPDATE! But it isn't finished yet -.-

seen O.O

I must do an 'artist badge' for you, for when you'll upload the final version onto AP *.*

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.