Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fairy Tail: Big 3 Potential - Minitokyo

Fairy Tail: Big 3 Potential

Tagged under Fairy Tail

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

With the ending of the Bleach anime not that long ago and the manga in its final arc, do you believe that the series Fairy Tail could become one of the big three and eventually be able stand alongside manga/anime like for example Naruto or One Piece? I myself am a fan of both the anime and manga after deciding to pick up the series about six months ago. It has a nice balance of comedy and action, and some fanservice and in my opinion the series is very enjoyable if you are open-minded, willing to try it out and enjoy the series just for what it is. The OVA's are also very funny and good if you need a good laugh.^^ I think it could eventually become part of the big three, given that the anime has reached over 100 episodes (a number that most anime don't reach) already and the manga itself is very popular having 280 chapters so far. I'm only asking about possibilities here people.

Do you think Fairy Tail has the potential/possibility of eventually becoming one of the big three?

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I haven't really gotten into Fairy Tail, I wanted to, but all the fanservice really turned me off...

But, I've heard it has a lot of fans, so it's possible ^^

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

YuuichiYouko

YuuichiYouko

The Cursed God

Yes Fairy Tail does have the right potential to become a part of the circle. If it keeps going on for a longer time it will

I have killed so many people in my prime. I was banished from heaven for the rest of my eternal life. So as my redemption I will protect a princess from the darkness in my past. I will never let anyone harm her. Even if I die in the end.

B-BRabbit

B-BRabbit

The Empress

Never herd of it

Acheronta Movebo

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

Yeah,
The Big 3 of Anime are Naruto, One Piece and Bleach
XD

I think Fairy Tail is one have potential to be a Big 3 because of it's story (until now they have 128 episodes + 3 OVAs) and it's have Comedy too.
Love Fairy Tail!
:3

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

guess people have forgotten all about dragonball/z/gt but anyhoo I didn't care much for any of the listed thus far, not really a major mainstream fan anyways, I found fairy tail to be similar to that of one piece, minus being done by the same creator, but didn't fairy tail end recently? there were so many ending at one sitting I forgot which/which. :| once fairy tail begins playing so other people can see it, then yes it will probably replace others because some people are limited in accessing some anime and tend to ignore/know nothing about the other stuff, thus they do not become mainstream/mainstream past Japan. (Gintama is a good example of that one)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Is this just the anime portion? because if it's Manga portion, I think what can be in league with the Big Three is KHR, fairy tale is maybe, Nurarihyon, and Conan

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

I do think so. I mean, it has, like you said, Misa-nee, everything it takes to become the top third.
I, however, think Fairy Tail's ascension will be due more to the fact that there are no other manga "capable" to make up for Bleach's loss than the series subject/content itself. I'm not saying it's bad, I do like it a lot, but I mean, which other classically shounen manga could stand grounds against FT? I personally can't think of none.
Also, derailing a little from the main topic here, I think One Piece is number 1 among them. XD

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

^ One Piece is #1! I agree! xD

well, I only read manga, so I don't know how the animes are.. but I think there will be a tough fight between KHR and FT for a place in the big three :|

But I think the fan-service of FT is overly done. ^^"
KHR(though shonen.. I hope) is very popular even among girls! But I found it's latest arc till 8-9 chapters ago a bit boring. Didn't read further.. -.-
Hmm.. maybe the latest arcs of both manga will decide it..

Ao no exorcist is good too!

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Right after I wrote the previous post Ao no Exorcist crossed my mind. I only think what'll keep it from reaching the top in that the series is not very big yet, compared to Fairy Tail (in amount of chapters and episodes).
Aaaand I hadn't thought about KHR... don't really know now... :P

Signature

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote by back07Yeah,
The Big 3 of Anime are Naruto, One Piece and Bleach
XD

I think Fairy Tail is one have potential to be a Big 3 because of it's story (until now they have 128 episodes + 3 OVAs) and it's have Comedy too.
Love Fairy Tail!
:3

They used to be, anyways. I can't really remember the last time I heard anything about any of those three. o_o It's more of a cyclical thing because of popularity; back when I first got in to anime it was Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball/Z/GT & Pokemon; and really, Inuyasha was also huge where I lived. Times change :)

I guess when I think "Big Three" I expect it to be something that I hear a lot about and see merchandising for it. Where I live I haven't seen any jumps in popularity lately... if anything, I've heard a lot less about anime recently D:

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Quote by ArtificialRaindrop

They used to be, anyways. I can't really remember the last time I heard anything about any of those three. o_o It's more of a cyclical thing because of popularity; back when I first got in to anime it was Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball/Z/GT & Pokemon; and really, Inuyasha was also huge where I lived. Times change :)

I guess when I think "Big Three" I expect it to be something that I hear a lot about and see merchandising for it. Where I live I haven't seen any jumps in popularity lately... if anything, I've heard a lot less about anime recently D:

Yes, yes, those three were also famous when I started, including InuYasha and Card Captor Sakura too.
On the other hand, I have the very opposite of you. I have, finally, seen a Jump for sale here in Brazil. Of course it was imported from the USA, so I can say it wasn't the original, but it's a sign of growth on the manga/anime field. Also, regional events are also increasing here. :3

Signature

AjiajinYatSU

AjiajinYatSU

may darkness befall on you ^^

i was a fan of naruto though it became dragging as well as some part of bleach....

but i never watched one piece hihi the animation just bugs me

though i watched katekyo hitman reborn and they are also getting famous

though i must say fairytail went main stream though they kept it different from what is given to the usual anime's in mainstream and that my friend makes them a good candidate for the top 3.....

--
darkness is my friend wanna be my friend too? .____________________________________."

darkness is my friend... how would you like to be my friend too??

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

i recently started watching Fairy Tail and i have to say it does have the potencial of achieving the big 3 but still...big 3 are going to remain the same. maybe it can fit as a fourth place runner up but kinda difficult for big 3.

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

AjiajinYatSU

AjiajinYatSU

i disagree because bleach will now be just a legend like dragon ball and the like it will be a part of the hall of fame. but since it's going to end it must be replaced so i guess fairytail then comes into the picture ^^

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

very interesting point of view. but we are still on hold until we know thats its done. but even if its done and goes to the hall of fame arent there other anime that will take this 3rd place? Fairy Tail is a great anime but its for younger audience. i believe that reason alone wont let it make it to the big 3.

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

AjiajinYatSU

AjiajinYatSU

good point i too think it is kinda childish but i must say that naruto started as a children's anime until it got serious... well lets just conclude that it is all up to the people's decision on who will make it to the top 3...

--
darkness is my friend wanna be my friend too? ._______________________________."

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

True enough, starting out kinda geared towards children doesn't necessarily mean it won't become popular enough to make to the big three

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

Quote by AjiajinYatSUgood point i too think it is kinda childish but i must say that naruto started as a children's anime until it got serious... well lets just conclude that it is all up to the people's decision on who will make it to the top 3...

--
darkness is my friend wanna be my friend too? ._______________________________."

dont mistake my comment there. i actually enjoy Fairytail very much. i kinda want though to see the characters grow up and being more powerfull these way and etc stuff. a good transition to that could have been made in the 7 years after episode which when i saw at start i though "could this be?" after the episode i was like *total disapointment* but i was only like that about the transition that could have been made there. else Fairytail is a great anime i'm quite enjoying right now. it has a slight chance of being into the big 3 but its to show us its wroth for the big 3 yet. lets see what happens after 100 episodes in it. i'm pretty sure it will be quite the blast and probably be a better contender for big 3 title.

"darkness is my friend too. how come we've never met? ._____________________________________."

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

AjiajinYatSU

AjiajinYatSU

i agree with your point there pal.. and i also want to see who will replace bleach in the big 3.. if you ask me i say GINTAMA must got to the top charts rofl though they ended as well TT^TT so bummed about that..well lets see who can reach the top after a while

--
darkness is my friend. maybe Ak1ro leaves far from my house so we never met .___________________________."

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

Quote by AjiajinYatSUi agree with your point there pal.. and i also want to see who will replace bleach in the big 3.. if you ask me i say GINTAMA must got to the top charts rofl though they ended as well TT^TT so bummed about that..well lets see who can reach the top after a while

--
darkness is my friend. maybe Ak1ro leaves far from my house so we never met .___________________________."

it seems that this one is gonna be THE showdown for the big 3. we shall see...patience i guess.

--
than why dont we become friends too and make darkness proud? the more bonded the darkness group is the better! ^^

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

AjiajinYatSU

AjiajinYatSU

i guess we must wait.... but uhm i am to anxious to wait hihi

--
for the sake of darkness we shall be friends .______________________________________."

you know, i haven't actually read it , mainly couse i start looking the anime first so, the rithym of the animation is very fluid so eventually is going to reach a very close point whit the manga story line, so, well i'm just watching the anime, and i must said that it wouldn't be a sorpraise, but who knows.

AA...and because mangas like "the high school of the dead" and "black lagoon" returns, i don't gonna have time to read anything about fairy tail ...can't wait !

n.n

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

From my opinion I don't think it will reach the circle of "big three".
Keep in mind a lot of animes has been going on for years.
Detective Conan is still running (15years+)

So if it becomes part of the big three it has a lot more years coming, and the airing of the "Grand Magic Games" I'd say give or take a few more arcs and it would be finish.

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.