Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Has Anybody seen The Grudge? - Minitokyo

Has Anybody seen The Grudge?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

Has anybody seen it? I really want to know...and if you did, tell me how it was. 'Cuz I want to see a really creepy movie that will scare the living daylights out of me right before Halloween. From what I saw in the trailer...it's creepy. I know that one person said that they couldn't get the lil boy with the catlike scream out of his head yet....^_^

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

Yeah I saw The Grudge, and it's exactly like Shimizu's original Ju-on and Ju-On: The Grudge, except they replaced the Japanese characters with white people. It's pretty scary, but I think the original Japanese versions are a lot scarier, because they don't use music to build up to the scares, so the audience doesnt expect it. In The Grudge, the American version, the music builds up to the scare so you can expect when things are gonna pop out. The only improvement the American version has is that Hollywood effects made the ghosts a bit scarier looking. Other than that, The Grudge is a carbon copy of Ju-on and Ju-on: The Grudge. As a horror movie, its gets the scares across very well, but as a quality movie it ultimately fails. Convoluted plot, shallow characters, and repetitiveness bring down the movie as a whole.

Signature Image

autumnchill

autumnchill

yea...i've realized about Ju-On
that's a good point..music does build up the suspense...but you know what?
For someone like me, that' doesn't matter, I still get scared out of my very skin when there is music or not!

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

I've seen it yesterday, man was it creepy. I nearly jumped a few times too. I still have nightmares of it lol.

autumnchill

autumnchill

awesome! then that means that im definitely going to watch this before halloween!

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

man... about to download it from the net.... the official site for ju-on the grudge just scares the living daylights outta me... so it'll be a challenge to watch the movie, haha ^_^'

Signature

autumnchill

autumnchill

ohohoh! The site is soooooooooo creepy! I wandered into this strange room, and that strange pair of eyes kept flickering back at me...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.