Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anyone here still actually collect pokemon cards? - Minitokyo

Anyone here still actually collect pokemon cards?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

I'm just curious if anyone here still collects the cards. I know the show has gone pretty repetitive and dull but the games and cards are still fun.

Recently they just brought in these EX cards and they're insane. They're super beefed up and very hard to pull. The ratios are awful. The next set, Dark Explorers, hopefully will allow boxes to have 5 EX's, 2 Full arts or 1 shiny and 6 EX's. Not 4 EX's, 2 Full arts or 1 shiny. That's like trying to win a lottery for 100$.

Because of this lousy ratio some of the cards are ridiculously expensive. Mewtwo EX was going for 60-70$ at one point. Darkrai EX, Tornadus Ex and Raikou EX are trying to do the next thing. It's crazy.

But yea... let's talk pokemon, see if you folks out still play, what do you think of the EX's and if anyone is collecting the Japanese sets? I highly recommend them they're much better quality than the American prints. Great if you're just collecting. I'm selling a few myself on eBay.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I have a lot of the older cards but I lost interest in it when the show became too repetitive, but I do have a few of the newer cards and pokemon, when black/white came out that's when I got back into pokemon cards some, I have a lot of the japanese cards, but american is my most dominate of them. but I don't battle with them, I just collect them. I don't have of the expensive rares, unless, of course, they've become rare since my time of buying them, I haven't ever paid over four dollars for them. I could never figure out how to play the pokemon battling cards, I would watch them battle, but it just never sank in with me :( I did better with the yugioh battling, mostly due to the entire anime in this fashion.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

slave

<3 Knowledge & Elfen Lied

I acutally had the officail pokemon battle card game on GameBoy Color back in the day. Had such a huge bunch of fun and I loved starting all the way over and playing again and again. As for reality, I never really battled anyone with mine, but I did collect them from ages 8-10. Then I went to Yu-Gi-Oh and dominated all my friends and won their favorite cards from them. Then suddenly all my friends moved away(je suis tress marrante, no? :3); anyway, Pokemon has always held a special part in my heart and I always love reminiscing over the memories I've had enjoying it.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes
-The Individual Eleven

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I remember way back when, I bought a pack of Pokemon cards from a liquor store of all places, lol. Needless to say, the price for it from such a place was much higher than it would normally be and even the guy who was selling it to me was like 'you should buy it somewhere else' but I really didn't feel like making any special trips to go get cards from anywhere....laziness, on my part.
And for all that money, the only card I remember was a bellsprout. -__-

But to answer the subject question, no I don't collect them...or still have any.
There must be like a 1,000 different Pokemon's by now though, no?

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.