Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Totoro and Spirited Away Theory - Minitokyo

The Totoro and Spirited Away Theory

Did you read it or got the warning?

read it
6 votes
didnt read it, got the warnning
0 votes
SHOCKED!
2 votes
What ever :P
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

I didnt find a thread on the topic so here goes.

If you are a lover of 'My neighbor tottoro' and 'Spirited away and dont want your opinion to change on it, i VERY MUCH RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT READ FURTHER.

Ever Watched 'My neighbor tottoro' or 'Spirited Away'?

The cute, all happy kappy movie that everybody loves. Going with the flow of the movie loving the art and cutness to an extent that many people forget to notice the ''off things''.
I just read about the theory, and though that it needs to be discussed, something new might pop up adding to my info.

Lets start one by one.

'Spirited away' was a story about a girl whose parents eat the spirit's food and turn into pigs and Chihiro is forced to work at a bath house to save them, here nae is changed to Sen.
Chihiro working in a bath house. Bath houses had a good business in japan, the male customers being the majority. The women working in the bath houses dont only give the man baths but also give "other" services.
Source;(you will find lots of more about that here.
http://ghibli.livejournal.com/322459.html

I RECOMMEND AGAIN, IF YOU WANT TOTTORO TO STAY AS HE IS DONT READ FURTHER.

'My neighbour Tottoro' was a movie(or seemed to be) about two girls who move to sayamacha and see a spirit which only kids can see.
In real, the spirit is to be like a shinigami, if you see you will die dort of a thing. And the cat bus in which the sisters sit is bus the travels between heaven and hell etc.
It is said that mei goes missing and dies. The older sister(forgot her name) wants to see(/find)her sister again, so she calls tottoro who suddenly appears and takes him to his sister on 'the cat bus'. Get it.

Source: (you will find lots more, along with pictures/evidence here.
http://my.opera.com/sukekomashi-gaijin/blog/tonari-no-totoro

Creepy, aint it?
I was so shocked that i havent fully read it yet.

Post about it and discuss it.
Dont forget to poll.
Mods please dont close it.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Huh, who would have thought? As an adult, it gives me a new appreciation for both films, though I'm somewhat saddened about the Totoro theory making the story so morbid (at least for kids).

Still love them both, but makes me want to rethink having them in my queue for rainy day movies for my students... ^_^;;

Signature Image

wooooooooooow XD i find this creepy but still awesome lol

Signature

Lelouch-Cat

Lelouch-Cat

Death is only the beginning

O.o I still love the movies but *shiver* how morbid

Little vampire, little vampire my lovely white knight, let me see you tonight with your fangs ready to bite. Little vampire, little vampire oh how my heart aches for you, I wish to wake by your side every time I awake. Little vampire, little vampire I see you in my dreams, our screams of delight as we chase one another. Little vampire, little vampire why do you torture me so, I don't want you to let go, though you know the danger grows. Little vampire, little vampire will I be safe in your arms, until our time comes will I be safe in your arms? Little girl, little girl just lay your head, come next night all will be alright. -by: Me

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

o.o that's a really 180 degree turn to both stories, although it doesn't sound so strange, since Miyazaki's films always involves hidden metaphors and themes that you can find only if you research a lot ^^'

Signature Image
This day we fight!

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Just another drop in the bucket if you ask me. There are always subliminal messages through out anime. But in terms of these two stories this is sad to think of really. :(

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.