Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tips and Suggestions? - Minitokyo

Tips and Suggestions?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Well, I am the one that made a forum thread about entering college last year and I'd like to thank everyone who gave me nice advice. I survived my first year in college :) BTW, I'm a Fine Arts student. My major is Advertising.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3o0yypxpn1qbh139.gif

In one year, I have encountered a few problems and I'd like your help to get me through my life. Our 2nd year first semester will start this June 4. Your suggestions will be really appreciated.

1. Got any tips for preventing pimples? I'm very serious with this. I've had a lot of stressful nights/days/weeks doing painting and art stuff (especially during prelims and finals). I don't look like myself anymore and the pimples made it worse at least I didn't have a large scale population residing on my face. Luckily this vacation, only a few tiny ones are left. Suggest me some nice hygiene and skin tips. My friend told me to use toothpaste but oh God, it made my pimples as red as apple. Please don't suggest me brands (unless you're from the Philippines) because I'm broke.

2. Healthy foods to eat during plate day. Note: "plates" refer to the artworks we do. The term differs depending on your course/college/university. We all have stressful college works and we need food to keep us going. Apparently, I only cook myself some spicy instant noodles to calm my growling stomach. I had a month of hyper-acidity as result. Do you have other suggestions for food? Biscuits and cookies are not enough.

3. Alternative energy boosters. With stressful works, comes sleepless nights/weeks. I experienced having only 2/3 hours of sleep and the most dreadful was that I experienced it in a week. Hell week. Too much coffee is bad for my stomach. While energy drinks made me look like as if I had a free cocaine overdose.

Thanks in advance <3

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

glad college life is going good for you, hopefully it'll get easier for you instead of harder

here is a few things I use to avoid outbreaks, pimples or just trying to get them to go away faster: rule number one do not bother them, bothering them makes them linger longer, try to avoid stress (yeah right) ;) and also try to avoid sweets, dairy and fatty foods as much as possible. chocolate is in the dairy department thus the reasoning why women tend to get pimples a lot that eat chocolate, also got the fat content. try moderating your intake of pizza and whatever else you could be eating, believe it or not fatty salad dressing can also lead to pimples. another idea: try to avoid sunscreen to the face, this does and possibly will clog the pores, instead wear large brimmed hats in the sun, sure this sounds silly or funny, but you won't get a burn on your face and you don't have to use sunscreen. they state it won't clog pores, all lies. another three methods: wash your face twice a day, there is probably aveeno of some sort, possibly under another name since this product is USA, but it's fairly cheap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aveeno . also witchhazel and rubbing alcohol (second could burn slightly but it does work, take caution it will dry out your face). there are also some makeup products that are safe to use, won't clog pores and could cover up acne (can't help with you here because I don't wear makeup). they do make products that they don't advertise which does well in getting rid of acne and it costs very little.

nothing wrong with a salad or a bowl of fruit or food high in fibers or possibly fish (that is if you eat meat) the first two will fill you up and it fairly healthy (depending on what you eat with it). noodles are not healthy all the time, but adding things in there are most helpful, I also find a sandwich of something and a bag of baked potato chips of some sort is also healthy.

I can't do energy boosters, due to them being unsafe and plus they make me feel funny/strange. caffeine is linked to acne outbreaks out as well, catch 22 there that's for sure. some alternatives that I find is exercise, it helps you generate your own energy, don't over do it, just about 30 mins walking or on a treadmill, another method is eating fish and other lean meats (if you're a vegetarian that could pay a price, but if not, it boosts your moral and energy levels go through the roof) fish, chicken, pork, etc. noodles can and will bring down your moral, energy level and cause that drowsy feeling. and trying to get at least five-eight hours of sleep a night is equally helpful, it boosts your energy level throughout the day as well.

with college and life in general there is not going to be a perfect day where you're stress free, where you're able to get plenty of rest, but there's nothing wrong with trying. a life style change and adjusting quickly to this life style change is key when dealing with life in general. hope some of this is helpful for you, just some of the trials and errors of my own life :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

1. Probably goes hand in hand with 2, so I'll try to address them together. It is important to keep healthy eating habits! I know it's difficult when you're away from home and "fending for yourself" for perhaps the first time. My motto is always "everything in moderation". Instead of processed foods like cookies, chips, etc. try bringing a little bag/container of carrot sticks or some fruit. A cup of yogurt can also be an effective energy booster without adding too many calories. Instead of sodas or other sugary drinks, water, tea, or juice is good for keeping you hydrated. If you're not a fan of plain water, try cutting some fruits and letting them sit in there. (lemon, strawberries, etc.)

Also, like angel said, try to minimize stress. This'll also help with the acne. I would try to keep a planner and make sure to write down due dates and important dates (like exam days). Schedule your time accordingly. If you know you've got a massive paper due in a few weeks, try to spend a little bit of time each day working on it. That will also help with the sleep deprivation.

If you're really "in the zone" on an assignment but feel sleepy, what works for me is washing my face with cold water. XD

Signature Image

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

I recommend for food type stuff try some granola bars or trail mix with fruits and nuts. personally I prefer crunchy granola bars and Tropical trail mix with the big chunks of pineapple. Also uyou could try taking a couple of apples or maybe a candy bar of some kind with peanuts or almonds in it. As for energy drinks and coffee, I have the same problem as you. i drink so much cofee in a day sometimes that I just get plain sick of it, especially since it's summer here right now. Too damn hot for coffee by the afternoon. Energy drinks are like cocaine infused soda. I do use the small 5 hour energy shots. I suggest only doing half a bottle at first to see how your body reacts to it. They are very small bottles but pack a nice kick of energy in them.

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

Maybe you can regularly wash your face with water if you don't want to use cleanser or any facial products and wipe dry with clean cloth right after that. I don't think that spicy instant noodles are good for your body in long term because it does not contain much nutrients that will help your body growth. Maybe bread or rice will be able to replace your spicy instant noodles during meal time. Energy drinks consumption really depends on the person itself. I will recommend a bar of chocolate when you need it. Just don't have it too much at a time because you might feel the sugar rush to your brain and become sluggish :)

Just make some time for sports activities to relieve yourself and improve concentration during class which depends on the person itself.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.