Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shopping spree~ - Minitokyo

Shopping spree~

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

So.
Imagine you have an everlasting supply of money. What would you buy with it? Would you spend it at a mall or at more local businesses? What kind of food would you spend it on? What do you think you'd spend most of it on (i.e. clothes, food, appliances, movies, etc.)? You can list links to specific products, if you so wish. And feel free to come back and post again if you find something new!

--Edit:--
For the purposes of this forum thread, you can assume that you have already made donations to charity and helped to fund important organizations, etc. This is about you!

hmmm... i would buy all of my Favorite books... new book shelves for my new books... and have my room redecorated\modeled to look like a library XD

my book shelf currently:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5242/1000623dq.jpg
i've added a few books since this photo was taken.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7919/1000714p.jpg

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

TAKE OVER THE WORLD. I mean, endless money, endless opportunities, man. *-* Fund research in medicine and space and technology and science in general, fund education, fund charities, fund development and infrastructure restoration in third world(?) countries, bribe fund the local council back home to stop toppling down and setting fire on the traditional sites and restore them instead, fund good fiction publishing companies, fund programs to give good artists and writers in fandom to get more opportunity to be officially published etc etc. Endlessss money~ ....Ofc it's a pipe dream lol.

But more on topic, personal spending: mmm, I would probably be a little like Yuki and get more books o/. Would order all the books I ever wanted off the Internet, from places that will actually pay towards the author, and get a book chest or two, the kind with wheels to roll under the bed lol. If I really have endless funding and I'm not driving my sponsor bankrupt, I would get them custom-made xDD. And oh gosh, to own actual, non-biblical manga - priceless.

And art supplies~ Actual copic markers, I've never even touched one orz. Better yet, the good ink pens comic artists use *__*. Canvases and wooden boards and art paper and watercolours and acrylics and oil paint and masking tape and more variety of brushes and mixer boards~ And a palette knife would be awesome~ Art books! Expensive how-to art books! It would be awesome to get one of those old illustrated Russian fairy tale books too~

If I really could pay, then I'd be buying legal music lots too. :'D And buying those cool indie games that I itch to play, like Sword and Sorcery EP~

Can it go towards house repairs? lololol.

And I would get stuff to decorate my place lol, like small blow-glass vases and knitted patterns and cushions and rugs and random shiny things like silver clocks lol, and flowers for the more feminine side of my family who like to meticulously arrange and then dry them after three weeks. And then I can truly live like an old retired lady, sans the furry cat and fireplace. o/

Too bad I can't buy a Tardis. Or Hermione's purse. xDD Or time. Where can I buy that. pfft 'Tis a nice fantasy.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I would buy a Flame Thrower and burn that Twilight Poster from YukixVamp's wall...FLAME ON ! *Big grin comes across my muzzle*

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Oh dear Uber. Just don't destroy her wall, lol.
I suppose I should post in this as well. Let's see.
Books: All the good steampunk, alternate world, and dystopian novels I can find. Also, the entire Discworld series. And many more. . .
Mangas (Which are technically books): I'd get the rest of the Kuroshitsuji series as well as all the series my friends have been recommending to me. And Nana, because one of my favorite non-manga authors likes it.
Art stuff: A zillion shades of brown colored pencils, because skin doesn't come in only two colors. Good art software for my computer that is easy to use, lol. And, like Zozo, how-to books for things I am bad at. :P
Movies: I'd go to the movies a lot and buy dvds of the ones I like~ Also, I currently want the movie Avatar. The blue people one.
Music: CDs from all my favorite bands.. (Franz Ferdinand, Billy Talent, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Sunny Day Real Estate, Green Day, Metric, All Time Low, Apocalyptica, Wolfmother, Three Days Grace, Blur, Oasis & Noel Gallagher & Beady Eye, Coldplay, Hey Monday, Smashing Pumpkins, P!ATD, Mayday Parade, Blondie, U2, maybe some DCFC and Paramore... and many others...)
Clothes: T-shirts for those bands, t-shirts from Sherlock and Doctor Who, lots of pairs of converse.
And for my room, I want a bunch of those invisible floating bookshelf thingies and a really nice stereo. :P

@uber... i've been meaning to change that to Glee... just haven't had the money for the Glee stuff XD.

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

@Yukix: Glee?!?!?!? Well okay. *Tosses $2.00 into your Glee fund...*

@Uber.... yes shocking isn't it? i do like normal teenage things. XD. thanks. ^^

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

with endless money, I would probably help the world some by giving some of the money, buy a lot of stores out at local stores, to help them and then donate the items to various places. I would also donate some money to areas which need it. after all you can't take it with you, so what's the point of holding onto it all.

for myself: I would probably buy a large house to support my ever growing toy obsession, I need a room just for my toys these days, I need a four or five bedroom house, or at least a house with a well treated basement so my stuff won't get damaged down there. but other than that I don't really need anything. I don't really read that much, I suppose to buy some of the anime series I've been watching and liking and haven't gotten around to buying and possibly buy some of my favorite movies I own on VCR which has bit the dust. but other than that I really have nothing to buy. although one kick butt personal playground where I can swing and play on it all to myself would be a dream upon itself !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

But what about inflation? D:

Money would lose it's value... Wait, we're pretending! O3O

Definitely my first pick would be video games. Lots and lots of video games... Then manga, books, anime, plushies, pets, anime figurines, anime posters, all the useless kind of stuff I love but would never actually spend money on at the moment ^^;

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Quote by LeafsapphireWait, we're pretending! O3O

Yes lol. Otherwise, there would be no fun. Think unrealistically!

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Then I would buy the cutest clothes for all my female friends~!

Let's go shopping together :3

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

With endless $$$$ I would hire somebody else to do my SPAMMING for me...

...but where's the fun in that.

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I would buy a new chew toy for Uber :o

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Thanx Leaf...*nom nom noms on new chew toy*

I would buy Leaf a New Goat. =^.^=

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I would buy Uber a new flea collar O3O

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I would buy the World a Coke...

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I would buy a giant soft pillow :o

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

who's up for a giant pizza and pepsi party ?!? well it's better than yelling let them eat cake ;)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I'd buy an airplane and go visit all my online friends :3

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I would buy a larger house... would need the additional space for all of the new clothes and educational materials for my students!

...and I think I'd have to have an entire room dedicated to Mameshiba merch. XD

Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Mameshiba~

I'd probably buy a house, period ^^

I'll buy BOOKS! ALL THE BOOKS! oh! and MANGA! Anything that one can read! All will be MINE! BWAAahAHAHAHHAH!
...And maybe I'll need to buy a research team of world's best scientists to make something to make me live a few 1000s of years so i can read what I've bought.. Oh! and some good medicine for my eyes if they are spoiled.

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Quote by TheCompilerI'll buy BOOKS! ALL THE BOOKS! oh! and MANGA! Anything that one can read! All will be MINE! BWAAahAHAHAHHAH!
...And maybe I'll need to buy a research team of world's best scientists to make something to make me live a few 1000s of years so I can read what I've bought.. Oh! and some good medicine for my eyes if they are spoiled.

What you, sir, need to buy is time. :P

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.