Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wallpapers to submit - Minitokyo

wallpapers to submit

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

hello there. I am not really seeking any ideas for improvement for these wallpapers i just want to know which of them are acceptable for the gallery and which are not:

http://pretty-sami-chan.deviantart.com/art/Let-the-music-gives-you-wings-143261463?q=gallery%3Apretty-sami-chan%2F16020855&qo=17
http://pretty-sami-chan.deviantart.com/art/Taken-by-the-melody-143191800?q=gallery%3Apretty-sami-chan%2F16020855&qo=18
http://pretty-sami-chan.deviantart.com/art/Kyu-sii-in-blue-143042535?q=gallery%3Apretty-sami-chan%2F16020855&qo=23

also could someone take a look here http://forum.minitokyo.net/t72359?

Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

First wallpaper: too many focal points; try removing the wing brushes on the lower right and left (the ones that look like they're on Color Dodge). I'm a bit on the fence about the musical notation brushes, I personally don't like them but they kinda work; I'd suggest changing the font to something more grungy looking (Google "grunge fonts" and you'll find a ton). And, um, this is probably a personal preference thing, but the wings on him look really corny - also, since he's bent over a bit, the wings shouldn't be so straight (you should also rotate them towards the right).

Second wallpaper: this is my favorite of all three, thanks to the colors. Good job on it! Only thing I'd suggest is (again) changing the font on "Cause my life is music" and "Let's play", since system(-looking) fonts are almost always a bad idea. Other than that, the brushes work surprisingly well!

Third wallpaper: too many dusty hues. The guy's colors are contrasting (black & white), while your background is "dull" in comparison. Try to include some black or white in it. Again, there are too many focal points because you added too many shapes in random spots. I know the norm for these walls is going crazy with the shapes, but they're generally placed behind the character so as to draw attention to him (I know you were going for the arrows pointing towards him, but it doesn't work, IMO). And I think the wall look better without the grungy textures, since they make the guy look even more separated from the background.

P.S. regarding the other link, the latest version you posted is just a thumbnail.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I do not have the psd file for those anymore i just wanted to know if they are aceptable for the gallery or not and since there were so many 'edit this' i guess they are not thanks.

Signature

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

The first few I think might be accepted but as Pandemonium91 said "too many focal points". But you said you don't have the PSD file anymore? Did you try using the healing brush? That should be able to take a little bit. Either that or the Clone brush (Forgot what it was called XD). Did you upload these already?

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Nope didn't post them yet well not here at lleast i alreday shared them with other websites so to add to the fact i don't have the psd files anymore i don't want to touch them they are 2 yaers old alredy i really want to know which are acceptable the way they are or not.

Signature

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

Like I said I THINK the first few would be accepted. But I'm not entirely sure. I think the best person to ask would be Alenas. Just ask her to have a quick look at them and she'll tell you.

Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I think the only one that'd be accepted is the second one, for the reasons I mentioned above. The third one comes close but I'm not 100% sure it would be accepted because of the brushes in the foreground. And yes, like Drakill said, contact Alenas and ask her if your walls are good enough for the gallery.

Also, you could've mentioned in your first post that you didn't plan on modifying them to begin with and just wanted an opinion. By posting in the Sandbox, people naturally assume you want your work critiqued in order to improve it. Also, punctuation.

Quote: The Sandbox is a place where you post your "in progress" pieces. If you're insecure about your wall/indy art or you're just facing an artist's block and in desperate need of ideas, this is the place to get some feedback that will help you to improve and get your artwork done!

Guide to the Sandbox

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

XD lol Pandemonium91

Signature Image

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Quote by pandemonium91

Also, you could've mentioned in your first post that you didn't plan on modifying them to begin with and just wanted an opinion. By posting in the Sandbox, people naturally assume you want your work critiqued in order to improve it. Also, punctuation.

I did mention in my first post i didn't want ideas for improvement only to know which ones could be acepted or not the only wall i would want advice still is the last link for the other topic i have open. I took your reply as the reasons why they wouldn't be accepted.

Signature

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.