Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 hi my first wallpaper deleted - Minitokyo

hi my first wallpaper deleted

Tagged under Shoujo Kakumei Utena

page 1 of 1 7 total items

hi let me start by saying i'm not complaining but when i went to open the notification that it had been deleted my internet dropped so when i reloaded my inbox the message was gone so now i have no idea what i should improve and was wondering if someone here could help.
heres the wallpaper: http://postimage.org/image/zc3mjrbd9/

and was wondering if it was the bg is to simple or something else. thanks for any insight.

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

I think it's a little bit too simple?
though simpleness can be good wallpapers, in fact some people tends to stick with simplicity in their walls, I think your wallpaper doesn't give any impact and somehow blending too much with the background. also maybe because there's no signature?
but if you want to improve the wall, you can try adding some text, typography tends to be useful at simple wallpapers, even only a few texts.
here are some examples :
http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/13/07/572863.jpg
http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/01/34/534201.jpg
http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/47/47/309897.jpg

good luck!

Signature Image

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

I have to agree with Rissa-chi. It is to simple. Maybe give her a different colour, what I mean is her skin colour. I'd recommend flipping the image the right way as well. And as Rissa-chi said, "you can try adding some text, typography tends to be useful at simple wallpapers, even only a few texts". And also add a signature. Even if it's a really small one. That way people won't rip-off your work.

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

thank-you for your comments and one more question i couldn't seem to find in a faq. does the signature have to direct to minitokyo.net or to any site such as a personal graphics site?

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

I think it's any site. But for my signature I just put Drakill. I don't put MT or TAG or AP or whatever. But that's your choice. You can if you want.

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by pawnto8thsquarethank-you for your comments and one more question i couldn't seem to find in a faq. does the signature have to direct to minitokyo.net or to any site such as a personal graphics site?

The sig can be anything you want, as long as your work can be linked back to you. For example, say you signed your work with a different username; in your wallpaper's description, you have to mention "hey, even though the sig's different from my username here, it's still me, just the account on another site" or something. But it's generally best to sign your works with your username (if it's common, you can write "Wallpaper by pawnto8thsquare on Minitokyo") :)

Regarding your wallpaper, like everyone said, it's too simple. Try adding some shapes behind her or playing with the layout. Here are some links that might help with the look you're aiming for:
Minimalism | Directional arrows | Circles | icebox270534's gallery (her style's mostly minimalistic)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

pandemonium91 pretty much summed it all for you :]
try to put wallpaper by [__________].minitokyo.net or something, or your username only, as long there's a sig to show that the wallpaper is made by you

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.