Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 National Novel Writing Month - Minitokyo

National Novel Writing Month

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

November is National Novel Writing Month. The deal is, for the 30 days of November, people all over the world cram and try to write a 50,000 word novel. It's tough, but doable. I'm planning on doing it this year; anyone else interested? The official site is here: http://www.nanowrimo.org

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

sounds tough but it's good to write i love writing i hope you get there try your best i wish you good luck see ya friend :D

Oh wow! 50,000 words? That doesn't sound like too much.
I write fanfictions and my fanfiction is around 100,000 words.

EDIT: Okay I'm in. 50,000 words in a month is harder than it seems.
It took me summer and some time to write that fanfiction @_@. I forgot
about time.

Oh yes, I've heard about this..."No Plot? No Problem!" XD Good luck biriwilg! I have so much to do right now though, I will not be able to participate...maybe after I'm done with college??

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

good luck on ur novel...
thx for the information too.

sorry but my english is not very good.
50.000 words..
it's just too much for me. ^_^'
my work just get worse everday..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Wow, that sounds awesome. :D Thanks for the heads-up, biriwilg~ XD Ehh... final exams end on Nov 10. Wonder if I'll be too late to start.. oh well. :) See how it goes. Good luck with your work!

I'm in. Maybe we can touch base regularly, Biriwilg? I just signed up and haven't gotten in contact with others via the Nanowrimo boards yet. Going to be an interesting 30 days....

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Awesome, Miketo! ^_^ Set up a regional affiliation at the NaNo boards, you can get in touch with other Wrimos in your area. ^^ I'd love to keep in touch with you throughout, to encourage each other. ^_^ That's so cool!

Just affiliated with Seattle. Chris Baty is going to be at two bookstores this week: Elliott Bay Books on Tue, and University Book Store on Wed. Can't make the Wed due to a previous commitment but I'll probably get to the EBB one.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Awesome! I dunno if he's coming here to San Diego or not. ^^ Say hi for me! :D

defrax-

defrax-

SARS survivor

I downloaded the report card for exel...the one they made for people who stress out about word count...but I think thats just gonna make me even more depressed this year....lol

The stories are usually good up until the last like 10,000 words...thats the part everyone usually writes in the last three or so days before the deadline...haha
The stories that come outta this thing are hilarious...tortured works from tired minds and waaaay too much caffeine.

They make 2000 words a day sound waaaay too easy.... :D

Good luck biri and miketo...and whoever else is planning on throwing their sanity out the window! I know I'll be one of them ^_^'

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Awesome! That makes three MT crazies. ^_^ Lets all post our demented works here once we're done. ^_^

You can find me on the Nano boards as the craftily disguised "miketo."

As for posting the stories here, we'll see. Some things are best done in private. :D

EDIT: Thought you'd like to know that I attended the talk Chris Baty (rhymes with "catty") gave at Elliott Bay Book Store last night. He's as funny in real life as he is in his book. He's inspirational and got folks fired up about writing. There were a few folks there who participated in previous Nanos, and they had some tips to share.

* Never, ever, skip a day. Even if it's only 200 words, write something.
* If you do skip a couple days it is possible to dig yourself out of the word deficit.
* Try shooting for 2000 words a day instead of 1667. That way if you come up short you have some words in the bank.

I'm looking forward to participating!

--Mike

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Good tips! ^^ I think one of the recent daily WriMos posted a NaNo spreadsheet for calculating wordcounts and stuff. I think it'll be very handy for those of us who are math-deprived. ^^

MenchiBurger

MenchiBurger

Medium Rare

I've been meaning to do this for the last couple of years...maybe I'll get around to doing it this time :D

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Hey thanks for the website link, Iv'e never been to "Nano" before, maybe ill sign up eh? I love writing so it sounds like a whole lot of fun.

Signature

MenchiBurger

MenchiBurger

Medium Rare

Well,I just signed up to participate. Guess it's time to start thinking of <i>novel</i> ideas *ba-dum, BA!* Yeah...that was bad.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Quote by MenchiBurgerWell,I just signed up to participate. Guess it's time to start thinking of <i>novel</i> ideas *ba-dum, BA!* Yeah...that was bad.

Wow, that's awesome Menchi! ^_^ That makes 3 MT Nanos so far. ^^

defrax-

defrax-

SARS survivor

Quote by biriwilg
Wow, that's awesome Menchi! ^_^ That makes 3 MT Nanos so far. ^^

1+1+1+1 = 3 ?
lol...I think its four people so far...but yea. Have you already got an idea and everything? The time is near!!!!!!!

Here is a little checklist someone posted a while back in the forums:

The Nov. checklist:
- large hoard of liquid and solid willpower (ie coffee/caffeine pills)....check
- Large sign hanging above door '2000 words a day, or two pounds of flesh'....check
- sturdy 2x4 to fend off screaming fans...errrr
- Band-aids for bleeding fingers...check
- Bananas for helper monkey writer stand-in...check
- Backup generator in case power goes out...check
- Lots of sleep....haha...just kidding

hehe...can't wait to read everyone's composition!

cheers

Great! For those keeping score, our MT participants are:

Biriwilg
Defrax-
MenchiBurger
Miketo

Any others want to play?

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Woops, sorry Defrax, I think November short-term memory loss is setting in early. ^^ I even got my English teacher to sign up, this is gonna rock. I'll dedicate my next wall to these hardcore Nanos. ^^

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Ahh, this is an old thread, but someone pointed me in this direction. How's everybody doing so far, and are you posting your works? I'm still only on the second chapter. -_-' I should be farther along by now.

MenchiBurger

MenchiBurger

Medium Rare

I'm only 1500 words in, and a little disappointed with the quality of my writing. Then again, I haven't sat down to actually write in several months, so I guess I'm just getting back into Writing Mode.

My wife and I went to a write-in here in Ballard last night and met six other Nano crazies. I managed to crank out just over 2000 words but it took me a lot longer than I thought. The toughest part? Just writing the words.

I spend too much time editing or fretting over stuff I just wrote. I keep reminding myself that it's all about quantity, not quality. In order to get to 2000 I ended up doing a brain dump about one aspect of my fantasy world's society.

Forget stressing about the quality, Menchi! Just vomit out onto the page!

(And "syringe," I'm the one who pointed you here. Glad to see you're writing this month too!)

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.