Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lady of the moon deleted!? - Minitokyo

Lady of the moon deleted!?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

i guess the title says everything
i mean i'v submitted this wall 2wks ago and now it deleted!?
i just don't get why and i'm sure that nothing wrong about it..
i did the vector my self and the whole bg,it so wasn't empty also the scan was from MT!
so please answer me cuz i need to know why and does this means that other of my walls would be deleted later?

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

Well....they'v gave me a list of reasons(it may be deleted for one or more of them)but i don't see any of them fitting!
it sayes.....

The wallpaper you have submitted (Lady of the moon) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality. For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or Sandbox.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Your wallpaper looks heavily enlarged. Are you sure that it was meant to be 2560x1600 pixels?

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Like Fran said, it looks like it was originally made at 1920 x 1200, then enlarged to 2560 x 1600. Since your wallpaper wasn't a true vector entirely, it inevitably got pixelated and blurry when you increased its size like that. If you want to submit big wallpapers, work with big resolutions to begin with; enlarging wallpapers never turns out well.

Quote: Low effort does not refer to the time you spent on the wallpaper, it has to do with creating a coherent and cohesive piece.

Also, didn't the PM have an explanation at the bottom, aside from the typical stuff listed above? And, as it says in the PM, "The wallpaper [...] was removed for one or more of the following reasons".

Quote: Everyone, remember to read ALL the PM, the exact reasons are normally located at the bottom part of the PM.

Both quotes from Deletion Appeals: MUST READ.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

first of all...
it original size is 3000x1796 pixels!....you see,i work in it in a big resolution then i resize(small)them!
also what do you mean by((Since your wallpaper wasn't a true vector entirely))....i vectored every element in this wall,and i worked in everything by my self,
((didn't the PM have an explanation at the bottom))...it said((Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality))and i just explained it already i guess!?
and i'll explain everything in that list or something to know that my wall doesn't have something wrong

- ((It was too simplistic))......i guess you see it in't simplistic at all and there are a walls much simpler than mine!
- ((The subject was too blurry or over-filtered))...maybe the moon was too much but not the much to be a deletion reason,and i didn't use blur\filters much!
- ((It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos))....it was a scan i took from MT(http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/499829)
- ((It was a low-effort wallpaper))....i worked very hard on it and that is shown!
- ((It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper))...there is no other wall of the same scan or anything!
- ((It did not feature an anime-style image))....what in it doesn't feature an anime-style image?.

and now i think I've made everything clear so please post it again or let me repost it!?

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

3000 x 1796? Would you mind uploading this to a file hosting site at this resolution and posting the link here? Try FileDen or MediaFire, as Photobucket and Imageshack will resize images that big. FYI, I downloaded your wallpaper and resized it down to 1920 x 1200 and it looks alright like that, which is what led me to believe it was enlarged to 2560 x 1600.

As I quoted, you did have reasons listed there but that doesn't mean all of them apply, just like I said in the bolded part; those reasons are typical for PMs sent when works are deleted, that's why those who delete them provide their own comments at the bottom. "Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality." was precisely why your wallpaper was deleted. As far as I can tell, it looks like it was enlarged; if you post the original 3000 x 1796 version and it's of high quality, then maybe the way you saved it is to blame? Too low quality settings? Your other works don't seem to have this problem so I'm wondering why it is that this one does.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

KazablanKa

KazablanKa

Youth Has No Age.

sorry but i don't really know how to upload in FileDen or MediaFire "^^...and i deleted the psd file cuz i didn't know i woul'd need it later(now i know it and start saving my works but too late though),i don't really know if you wanted or not but it is for your info..
when i worked on it,i didn't see anything bad or wrong in it that time and i do save it as the other works of mine
you know,i guess i'll just leave it,i mean no big prop if one of my works deleted even though i really like this one -__-
but i will give it my intuition more!
anyways...thanks ^^

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Figured. 3000x1796 pixels can't get resized to 2560x1600 without being distorted. You can resize either to 2673x1600 (probably the best option, you'd have to crop it tho) or 2560x1533 pixels. That's why your wallpaper looks blurred and way too jagged.

Since you have deleted the PSD file I suppose there is nothing to do besides redoing the wallpaper.
I'll be closing this

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.