Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Living on Mars in 2023 - Minitokyo

Living on Mars in 2023

page 1 of 1 4 total items

A private Dutch company has recently came up with a crazy idea to send human on a one way trip to Mars. Humans who are going will live on Mars for the rest of their lives as that the idea behind the project, Mars One. Anyone from a specific age can register, then it's the process of elimination based on training and test. In the end those who made it will be sent to their new home. The first group of 4 will land in 2023, 2 years after, another group of 4 will follow.
Now...
1. Do you think this is a good idea or bad idea?
2. Do you want to live on Mars?
3. If not Mars, what other planets you would like to live on?
4. If you do go to Mars, then will your life be any different as when you're on Earth?

Signature

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

1. Sounds like a stupid idea. Those first four are probably going to be at each others throats trying to establish a settlement which will double in two years. The provisions aside this sounds like a logistics nightmare.

2.No, I don't see any upside to living on mars for me. Unless we start finding ways to mine planets I don't see any large initiative to terraforming planets(if we ever get that ability).

3. None, they're all terrible to live on unless you're into daily maintenance and isolation.

4. How would it not. Being a settler is very different from being a student let alone a settler on a planet with a weaker gravitational pull(if you ever get back to Earth you're going to notice the effects).

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

1. it's a half/half for me. I think someone seen total recall one too many times or cowboy bebop. in order to live on mars we need to establish living, there's a reason why the planet died the first time around.
2. I see enough carnage on earth so I'm fine with here.
3. now another galaxy that might sound interesting, maybe they should work on that next?
4. if there isn't the proper amount of oxygen, food and such it's going to be one short trip, that's all I got to state about that matter. if they are going to send them as is, it's not going to be a pretty sight. let's hope they remember to take more than one sewing needle for the whole ship this go around, because they sure didn't think of that when they went to discover a new world, aka america.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

1) Even if this idea is possible, it must be very expensive. Worst ways to waste your money. Better spent its to recover our broken environment or invented new green technology.
2) In my fantasy realm only.
3) I not really know about outer space so nothing.
4) Different environment, different calendar system, different sosial interactions, ect. That will change me a lot.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.