Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Can You Tell A Dream From Reality? - Minitokyo

How Can You Tell A Dream From Reality?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Ok i am watching doctor who, the episode is the one where the doctor, amy and rory have to choose between 2 dreams... so i got the idea for this tread.. so tell me how do you tell a dream from reality?

Me i tell them apart because in many of my dreams[when i dream... don't ask] i cannot feel hot or cold... is strange but in my dreams i cannot feel temperature.

so how do you tell them apart?

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

It's easy to tell reality apart from a dream, but it's difficult to do that the other way round. There are many things which don't/do happen in real life, but do/don't happen in dreams. But in a dream, everything makes sense and I tend to ignore those things which don't. And sometimes (especially in the morning) I've dreams which are soo realistic! More than once, i've dreamed that 'I've woken up, bathed and left my home for college' only to wake up again and realise that all that was a dream.. and now I'm late for college because I was sleeping for the whole time >__<

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

@compiler lol that is something else... i have had one too many real dreams.... they get really weird... >.<

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

there are times I can't to be honest. I can dream in such vividness and I can lucid dream as well as astral, I can feel things and when I get hurt in the dream sometimes the wound travels over to the waking world. can't really state nightmare on elm street or the other lesser matrix where we're all in a dream and need to be woken up, but I had nothing better to do when I was younger so I practiced with my psyche and still practice and work with it. for the most part, people can tell, I mean flying horses or unicorns or even dragons, but there are times where I can't tell the difference. and when I'm seriously tired I seep so deep that I really don't remember anything at all and cannot tell the difference at all

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I've noticed that also, in dreams (mine, anyway) there is a lack of sensations like smell and touch :o

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

I don't dream :(
I can't remember the last time I had a dream :'(

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

I don't usually dream - and when I do , it's a nightmare D:
So it'll be pretty easy for me to tell the difference between dream and reality :s

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

My dreams always feels so realistics, before I had a dream that I already take bath, breakfast, going to school and do any routine activity until I realize I still on my bed, hugging my pillow. I only can tell that was a dream after I woke up.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

Fujiupoma

Fujiupoma

Gyabo

Don't dream! :(

Subete wo te ni irete
Subete wo ushinatte

Dancerinthedark

Dancerinthedark

Queen of Darkness

*sigh* My dreams are so weird! sometimes I dream about my school or about my family and sometimes I have a nightmare
most of my nightmares are really close to reality,so when I woke up from a nightmare,I look at my room like a crazy to see if it was just a nightmare or not
sometimes when I woke up,I find myself on the floor >__>
I can say that there are so many dreams that you can tell the difference,but sometimes you can't and sometimes you don't dream,I prefer to not dream because I always dream about creepy horrible things happens to me or to my family....

Pass the Heart To All the Friends You care AboutSignature Image

Quote by Dancerinthedark*sigh* My dreams are so weird! sometimes I dream about my school or about my family and sometimes I have a nightmare
most of my nightmares are really close to reality,so when I woke up from a nightmare,I look at my room like a crazy to see if it was just a nightmare or not
sometimes when I woke up,I find myself on the floor >__>
I can say that there are so many dreams that you can tell the difference,but sometimes you can't and sometimes you don't dream,I prefer to not dream because I always dream about creepy horrible things happens to me or to my family....

oh my... i have some dreams like that.... they are scary but the are just fears...

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Oooh, I loved that episode of Doctor Who! It was so good! >.<

Anyways, I find that a lot of it has to do with my memory afterwards. While I may not remember every single thing I've done in a day, I can almost always remember how I got from place to place and situation to situation. However, I can't say the same thing about my dreams; although dreams make sense during the dream, afterwards I always find that there is some area that is just too fuzzy, whether it's an obvious lack of logical flow or something as small as me realizing I never got in a car to go somewhere and just arrived magically. There are holes in my dreams that separate them from reality.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Mmm, it is pretty easy too differentiate reality from a dream. Well at least when some of your five senses start kicking in and you start thinking " wait a minute!"

But then again.. thinking about it there was this dream that i had just a few days ago, which always cost me to be late for work haha. I was actually dreaming i was working OMG... It was so vivid, i actually could remember some of my client's name in the dream that i have submitted, which varies everyday. I dreamt to a point where i got off from work, had dinner with my colleagues and even had some random conversations with them. The dream had many aspects of what i was doing in reality.

So when i woke up in the morning, i was like... today is my off day since i thought i have already gone to work for friday. And i was pretty much lazing around in the morning, doing random stuff. I even turn on to watch a recorded telecast of swimming in the olympics (I am a big swimming fan), still i didnt realise that i have to go to work. It was only when i check the schedule for the next swimming event online, was when i go omg! IT IS FRIDAY TODAY!

Oh well it was a good scare for me in the morning, though i did manage to get to work on time, well with a little bit more money spent on transport of course.

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

Uhh, I guess with me it's always been simple.
Somehow I just know, not to mention things will happen that well...can only
happen in a dream lol Like for example, just recently I dreamed of a golden tornado coming in my
house but nothing was being destroyed...it was just passing through. Kinda knew at that point it was a dream.

Sometimes I do get tricked though, if I'm nervous about an interview or text
I'll dream that I took it and failed or was late and that feels pretty real which isn't nice >__<

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

Everyone dreams most just don't remember them(probably for the best).

As for me I generally don't care enough to find out if it's a dream or not. Usually the first clue is that I'm wearing different clothes than the ones I slept in. Besides all that most of my dreams just deal with memories that normally I would not be able to recall.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.