Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 keeping mai-chan and the MTM alive - Minitokyo

keeping mai-chan and the MTM alive

vote to keep mai-chan and MTM

yes i love hering the latist on whats going on in MT
22 votes
ide love to help out with the MTM everyone deserves it
8 votes
no it doesent bother me wether the MTM continues or not
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

resently we all found out a very sad thing here on MT that sad thing was the discontinuation of the MTM and also possibly loosing our beloved mai-chan ide like to find out who here would like to help out in keeping the MTM going and also keep mai-chan alive leave a comment and also vote in the poll if you want to keep the MTM going and keep out dear friend mai-chan alive here on MT

please vote to revive the MTM and mai-chan

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

Falbare90

Falbare90

(=>益<=)

cant get ride of mt there still people go on it and whats wrong with mai-chan

(\ /)
( . .)
c()()

Much time and effort went into the making of the newsletter. If there are enough contributors and a good organizer a regular periodical could be issued. Perhaps something quarterly would be efficacious.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I really liked reading MTM when it came out, the different sections were informative and entertaining, I'd like to see it continue.^^

evelluchia

evelluchia

^-^ so far so good ^-^

mai-chan is basically the face of the MT staff ^-^ ide like to try and keep them all going if i was able too do more i would

??????
Signature

Falbare90

Falbare90

(=>益<=)

all right i understand now

(\ /)
( . .)
c()()

evelluchia

evelluchia

^-^ glad i was able to help

??????
Signature

She will stay dead.....

*Gets hit by a sleep dart*
*Random person goes to my unconscious body and raises my hand*

Random person: This one votes yes.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

evelluchia

evelluchia

talk about a uneque replay hehe XD xAl you always come up with some interisting ways to reply to things ^-^

??????
Signature

Arigatou Gozaimasu!

Seriously though, I am interested to see MTM continue.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

evelluchia

evelluchia

^-^ i know

thanks for the support ^-^

??????
Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I would love to see MTM continue, but I unfortunately don't think I can contribute anything, myself ;-;

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

GO! MTM! and Mai-chan!
:3

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

i would like to see it continue and i maybe able to help... i am taking a journalism course at school this coming year so it maybe useful ^^

I'm just a girl
Signature Image

Thank you for making this thread Lucia san! ^-^
<spam begins>
-just quoting what Cyanide said

Quote by CyanideBlizzard

Quote by evelluchialike i said why cant we all find a way to keep mai-chan and the MTM going and alive?

Unfortunately, it's about being able to not only find staff that have the time, but also those that are willing to commit and not only cooperate, but also maintain a level of standards.

Sadly, Mai-chan wasn't getting much help these days, so she had to shut things down. Perhaps if you can rally enough supporters and demand for it, MTM could be alive once again!

Everyone wants mai chan back, but as cy said, mai chan wasn't getting much help lately :(
MTM is not only for the members of mt, but it's also by the members. But if it has only a few contributors then it's only them who have to make something for mtm. And thinking of something that is good is not that easy even if it's once in a month (at least for me.. i couldn't think of any idea after 3 mt vessel's comics for the next one :P) But if more members could contribute then everyone will get enough time to come up with something. Maybe there should be a 'by members' section or something like that, where anyone can contribute ANYTHING good they wish. Like a joke, or a short story, or a poem, or a comic, or tips, anything! :P
I think it was allowed even earlier but I don't think it was made clear enough... Making a permanent section for that and saying 'you can submit anything' will encourage more members to participate xD I hope the members will be conscious of the 'level of standards' while submitting it as cyan said :P

And I think writing information about the sections of MTM on Mai chan's userpage will be a good idea. That way, people will know where they can submit things they wish ^^;
For that, some sections should be permanent in the mtm. And the members can contribute in some of these sections.
But if mai chan wishes then she can add a new section. But if it requires members to contribute then she should update info about it on her userpage and also declare it in the previous mtm.

and um... just my thoughts about some sections:
C/ The MT Planet
D/ Mod Life

I think these two and others if any should be posted under a 'by staff' section. That way, even if they can't think of anything for an issue, someone else will still be posting something in it ^^'

and other sections like
E/ Hoo's Tips and
D/Member Comics
should be included under 'by members' section. And this is the section which should also include all those jokes, stories, etc.
I think mai chan should post a list of what things that can be posted in this section on her userpage. Because it might happen that some member has something to share but isn't sure if it'll be accepted on mtm. It might also include links to other forum topics, e.g. someone has posted some good poem in the hobbies & sports forums, then it should be linked here. That way, even the relatively *ahem* neglected forums will get more attention ^^;

and as Hooyaah had once suggested, mai chan should post interviews of normal members too (by 'normal', i mean those who aren't elite or mod.. i don't mean to say that the staff is not normal xD)</spam ends>

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

evelluchia

evelluchia

i like the ideas you have to any staff who knows how to work with mai-chan could you also consider other routes of sistaining the MTM the members here im sure are willing to do something for it mai-chan and the MTM sould not end as the compiler quoted from hooyaah mai-chan should have interviews for doing a section on the MTM

??????
Signature

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

I wholeheartedly agree eve. We should put a stake in mai-chans heart. No one likes zombies coming out of their caskets.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

I love the newsletter, and I if its back, I hope to get my group and me featured :) I really loved the idea of those comics u_u

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

evelluchia

evelluchia

why havent the mods come yet -_- come on people help us get the MTM back and mai-chan back

??????
Signature

I might suggest that the MTM could become a community newsletter containing regular and occasional contributions by members and staff alike. As I mentioned earlier it would be easier to publish quarterly and there would have to be at least one person with both enough desire and time to devote to compiling it all. Are there enough of you who would like to contribute? Is there at least one of you who would be willing to invest your efforts regularly to ensure a successful and timely issue?

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

*cries muffins out* Oh Mai-chan! :( :(

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

evelluchia

evelluchia

this may be a shot in the dark but maybe we all could team up in some way to make a new MT news letter that comes out every quorter of the year and a special one for each special holiday maybe

??????
Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

There's a reason it was ended (actually, many reasons) and no, it will not be revived. As for all of the complaints about it only being MT Staff participating-- it's because they're the only ones who responded to my pleas for help. (well, a few members responded as well, like Aiira and TheCompiler...)

I have no qualms if members want to create their own newsletter under a different title.

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by evelluchiawhy havent the mods come yet -_- come on people help us get the MTM back and mai-chan back

Bear with me, for this is going to be a bit lengthy.

First off, we're glad to see that you guys want MTM to come back! It shows that Mai-chan was doing something right and that we were doing a great job. However, I need to break down a few things and be rather realistic about this as well. My apologies if anyone takes any offense.

The first and foremost thing is this. MTM was significantly declining in popularity. However, we cannot verify this as the only basis we have is on comments, but this year has been a rough year for Mai-chan's work. Mai-chan wasn't getting any messages or questions anymore, and member contact with the magazine itself was virtually zero except for commenting, as oppose to how it was in previous years.

Time. Unfortunately, Fireflywishes was a large player in helping Mai-chan get MTM together, and to be honest it's a lot of work for her. Firefly helps coordinate every aspect of MTM with Mai-chan, and sadly with the previous issue it was tougher and tougher to continually produce a monthly magazine.

Demand from members. While we've seen demand from here, we also need to see that the members are serious about the revival. Discontinuing MTM was a huge decision that was made after months of decisions and debate. Ultimately, it was decided that this was the best route to go, and to be honest I haven't seen anything that disproves that route yet. We need to see devotion, suggestions, and so forth from members. We need to see commitment given to the issue, respect given to those that are involved in it no matter how you might feel about something, and more importantly action itself. MTM is a time-consuming process. It involves a lot of factors, and if those factors don't work out you need to have several back up plans for whatever may.

I hope this helps clarify a few things and more importantly helps you understand why MTM was retired.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.