Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WIP: DRAW THIS AGAIN challenge on DA - Minitokyo

WIP: DRAW THIS AGAIN challenge on DA

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Hi there! I'm here with another WIP! But don't worry this time it won't take ages to finish it XD
At least because the deadline of the contest is the 30 september >.>

However, I leave the link to the scrap on DeviantART page: http://rafuschan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5ek0xy
This time the setting is a lake, and the girl is a fairy :) I did only a part of the lineart, the girl is complete...the most unfinished part is the background, since I don't know exactly with type of plants I should put...

I made a quick research two days ago, but I'm not sure about what I found...
So here I am, to ask you any suggestions and tips like the last time :D

Thanks in advance to anyone will help me ^^

Horseradish

Horseradish

A-R-T-P-O-P

Well, since it is a fairy that you're recreating, it would be nice to have plants that look surreal or plants that aren't what you call "plants" in our world. XD If you ever watched AVATAR, there in the world of Pandora, the plants are weird-looking yet they are beautiful to look at. :D

Some flowers/petals floating in the lake would be nice perhaps?

BTW, that's some fine recreation of your old work. ^^v

Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

You know... this is really a good idea! o.o
I don't think about it....THANKS! I will try to do something PANDORA-like then :D

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

nice wip as usual raffa! I agree with horseradish, it'll be awesome to draw pandora like thingy xD
specially with dark colors, then you can add some glowing effects from the flowers or the fireflies maybe?
good luck with the contest!

Signature Image

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks Rissa! And yes, I though the same thing :D

Horseradish

Horseradish

A-R-T-P-O-P

please give us an update! :D

i have a DA account as well: hjpenndragon

Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Unfortunally, I can't go ahead with this work before that the next week >.< But i'm doing some sketch of flowers and plants on papers for now :D

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

I also agree with Horseradish, "fantastic" plants would be perfect, they would make the atmosphere really fairy. However, if you prefer real plants, in my opinion a willow would be fine. The drawing is very nice, but the girl's head seems a little strange ... Maybe it's just me, but it seems detached from the rest of the body, as if its position didn't match with that of the body. Maybe it should be a bit more turned toward the viewer in order to rest her chin on her shoulder.

seems you are already following the suggestion from Horseradish (an excellent suggestion, moreover), but I'd like to add an other suggestion. It's close to that from Lisa, since when I saw this sketch (nice *__*) with lake, my mind immediately run to the OA by ProjectVirtue. So, the idea are hanging plants, but with flowers instead leaves, and some of them that just touching water and her legs.
I add some links from manga/anime scans and real photos:

Jigoku Shoujo scans: link 1 - link 2
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle scan: link
Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai scan: link
Black Locust photos: link 1 - link 2
Wisteria photos: lilac kind - white kind
Laburnum photos: link 1 - link 2
Dendrobium farmeri photo: link

Anyway, whatever background you'll do, surely it will be an other masterpiece of yours *.*

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks for your support guys!
I'll just upload the edited version :) I tried to "mix" all your suggestions! The link it's always the same, the one in the first post :)

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

Those flowers look like flying waterlilies, they're so beautiful!

Floating flowers *___* and really original chosen shapes for the hanging plants! You're a drawing goddess Raffa o.o

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks again :3 I'll just edited the file on DA, however I don't know if I'll able to finish it in time XD
But whatever...I'll finish it anyway :3
Plus, I think I'm going a little out of contest's theme...the result until now is TOTALLY different from the old version -.-

Quote by RaffachanI think I'm going a little out of contest's theme...the result until now is TOTALLY different from the old version -.-

?__?

Old version: a fairy - a tree - a lake
New version: a fairy - more plants - a lake

Basically them have the same elements. There is only one thing totally changed: your skills. The old drawing is nice, but your actual level is so damn high! O.O of course there will be an abyss among them, at the end! But the contest purpose is proper this one, right? Show improvements. It's up to participants deciding in which way, imo U_U

About your latest editing, the nocturnal view was your idea since the beginning, or you decided for it after viewing the OA by ProjectVirtue? Anyway, it's turning out totally amazing! And you did the hanging plants luminous *______*

Even if is still 'under construction', this piece appears already beautiful. It will be my next desktop for sure! ^.^

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks Mirtillo for the kind words :)
However...I9m finally going ahead with this work, and now it's hair time @_@
You can see the new screenshot clicking on the link in the first topic :)

saw, you're doing a great job on her hair, Raffachan! Each update is a pleasure for my eyes *.*

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

The drawing is done! :D
I have to finish the last part of the speedrawing video, but it should be all online until tonight :3 (so more or less 5/6 hours..)

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.