Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 dawn butterfly possible wallpaper - Minitokyo

dawn butterfly possible wallpaper

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I'm here with a new try on doing wallpapers this time with some original concept
i was quite bored so i thought about making something with a butterfly
i got this doujinsh of mine that i really love - ..: Artificial Colors :..
and used as base for it.
i'm not enterely satisfied so i'd like to receive some tips one what i could do different.

preview 1>> https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-D3WmI4qC8-c/UICMyD_AMAI/AAAAAAAACuU/onSXFdLlHmM/s1200/dawn-butterfly.jpg
preview 2>> https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-g8qgmsY6XEU/UICSHOTAxSI/AAAAAAAACuo/cd3SlWFM5Pc/s1200/dawn-butterfly3.jpg

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Hey!
Seeing your doujinshi, and then seeing the wallpaper, there are some details missing, the butterfly in the wallpaper doesn't have a detailed body, and it would look beautiful if you add more colors to the wings, like the doujin, here playing with some colors/blendings could help and give a nice effect ^_^.

The flower can have a more soft painting, maybe like this one but with warmer colors:
You Shiina#599377

; the light orb looks good, and the metallic stem looks plain, maybe a metallic texture and some shadow could help. Here's a tutorial of how to get a metallic effect in photoshop, maybe can help: http://www.webdesign.org/photoshop/photo-editing/instant-metallic-effect.13908.html.

The background its a bokeh, so you if I'm not wrong you can add a bit more of the glowy circles, maybe a bit blurred in front, and more blurred at the back like you have them right now, to give more depth ;).

Hope it helps ^_^

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The second version looks better - it's a lot warmer and dawn-like. I actually like the flower as it is, it's unique and original though I think those thin outer lines around the thicker white outlines are not necessary. The background is nice but as xangel0 already pointed out, the butterfly could use more colors, shading and lighting on it to stand out.

The biggest problem though is the way the butterfly was colored and outlined - some of those dark blue lines are awfully jagged and pixelated and that really detracts from the quality of the whole work.

Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

so guys i decided to try something else for the butterfly (previous butterfly still exists)
I don't really want to make it like the one in the doujinsh because those colors were meant in the doujinsh title, a lifeless and very much colorless flower atracted a very colorful butterfly, i don't want to use that in this wallpaper i want to have a more out of this world feel into this
so added some transparency and much more glow and also tried some jeweled effect
this is how the pice is looking so far.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uH1vXkKZNoc/UIHIkSEovGI/AAAAAAAACvA/YziQqAI1dhA/s1200/dawn-butterfly4.jpg

do you have any tip of other effects i could try for the butterfly? i want it to be the eye catch in this. and i mean try to create a whole new one if necessary.
also i didn't touch the flower but i do think that to match this new butterfly it should be much more soft colored like xangel0 said.

@xangel0 i tried the tutorial you gave and i liked the effect it created, so later i'll try to make that part a bit better, i'll focus on the butterfly for now ^^
@Alenas did i manage to get rid of the jagged stuff? i re-did all the wing details and did my best to avoid the selecting tool in it.

I'll touch the background after i'm satisfied with the butterfly because i feel like it won't be that much necessary add more glow there, but then again i may be wrong ^^ so yeah off i go~

merged: 12-26-2012 ~ 12:41am
THIS TOPIC CAN BE CLOSED THANKS.
Midnight Butterfly by Danielly
Midnight Butterfly by Danielly

Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.