Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Music/Literature - Minitokyo

Music/Literature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

What type of genre or music do you listen to and what genre of literature do you read? <-- (That is, presuming you do like to listen to music and/or read. ^_^' )

This is the stuff I listen to and read:

Music - Mainly, I listen to alternative rock. ^^ Stuff like Linkin Park, New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Simple Plan, 3 Doors Down, and so on and so forth...

Literature - I enjoy reading fantasy novels such as Harry Potter and stuff by Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl...). I also like to read poetry as well. <-- Generally; Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allen Poe, and William Shakespeare.

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

You like Shakespeare? Ahhhh noooo I don't like
it that much, no offense and all....
Me, I listen to random stuff on the radio and I like
to read stuff like...ummmm...science fiction?

for music. i like techno and alternative rock. i like read books like Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl. heck a lot of ppl in my school are reading Artemis Fowl. XD XD

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Music- Tech, Trance, Hip-pop, Punk, Rock, j-pop/rock

Literature- cant really say nethin cuz i dont like to read ^^;

Ikaioun

The Nuclear Play's Reactor

Music- Progressive and Power metal relevant to Luca Turilli, Blind Guardian, Arcturus, Angel Dust, Fates Warning, Kamelot and whatnot. I also like Bad Religion but that's virtually the only "punk rock" I happen to like.

Books- I enjoy classic literature... Alexandre Dumas and Victor Hugo type books.

Signature

Triban

Triban

Shinobi

Quote by IkaiounMusic- Progressive and Power metal relevant to Luca Turilli, Blind Guardian, Arcturus, Angel Dust, Fates Warning, Kamelot and whatnot. I also like Bad Religion but that's virtually the only "punk rock" I happen to like.
Books- I enjoy classic literature... Alexandre Dumas and Victor Hugo type books.

Ahhhh good for you! classic lit! Yayyyyyy (-sticks golds stars all over Ikaioun's face-)

i listen to differnent "metal" bands, jrock, (blindguardian for me too! as well as demons and wizards and the like) (you rawk) and soundtracks, mostly of the classical sort. no rap r&b pop or country for me

Books- Classic liturature! I have a BA in English so this isn's a huge surprise. Chaucer, Alexander Pope, Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky, Shakespear, Samuel Colridge, John Keats, Machiavelli, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Spencer, Shelly Ect. tho i also enjoy the occasional fantasy particularly margret weis and tracy hickman.

Eat your pocky. The great Ninja Commands you.
Signature

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

the kinda music i like is punk rock, alternative rock, and heavy metal

books i like to read are mainly fantasy but i also like horror and, of course, manga!

Signature Image

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

Music :: Anything! >w<;;
Books :: Fantasy (j.k. Rowling.. o__o;;),horror/mystery (Christopher Pike.), or.. um.. don't know the category, but the Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket). ^^;;

Signature

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

music - r&b..piano songs...well you know...v.v it's all japanese+chinese songs especially chinese rap XD harhar
literature- romance, romance, romance, I'm such a lovesick fool xd

extra RANT about fanfiction -- XD I loveeeee reading romance with the super touch of angst..with a tad of humor..maybe action+adventure..ooh..and I just loveee yaoi/shounen-ai ehhhh in general I'm a fanfiction shounen-ai nerd reader v.v'' read all these things on fanfiction.net especially the ones I'm not suppose to read o.o'' errr...must..stop going on adultfanfiction.net v.v'' demoo~no good things to read on ff.net blehbleh-----------------as you can see I like fanfiction than books ._.'' this has no relationship with the thread watsoever...felt like putting this rant..anyhow...because..because....~silences~.....::runs away:: waiii I dunno WHY!!!

{kyool =D broken-dreamz wuves ranting~~~}

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

TenchiFan

Anime Fan(atic?)

For Music, I would say my first loves (for the last two decades or so) have been Celtic harp and Gregorian chant. Clannad, the Chieftains, Turlough O'Carolan, etc.

Prior to that, I grew up with Pop Rock and R&B from the late 70s / early 80s. Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, even some Def Lepard and Van Halen, among others.

Recently, I have developed a love for Anime music, both of the instrumental and lyrial variety. Weird, how experiences change over time: when going through a "classical" phase during college, I did not care AT ALL for classical piano music. You know, 'plink, plink, plink,.." Did not move me whatsoever. Now that I have been exposed to Anime instrumentalism, piano music used as mood music can be very moving emotionally.

For literature, I have always enhjoyed a good sci-fi yarn. 'Nor crystal Tears' was one of the first I ever read (I believe that was the title, anyway). I also have enjoyed Fantasy, with the likes of Tolkien (Silmarillion was awesome), Anne McCaffrey's Dragon Riders of Pern, even Terry Brooks' Shannara series. When reading a Manga series, I enjoy the comedies and the romantic ones as well.... :nya:

Tempus Fugit; Momento Mori.......

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

Music: I like techno, rock, classical, alternative rock and japanese pop/rock.
Literature: mystery, drama and classic literature such as Victor Hugo and shakespeare.

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

music: almost anything
fave [instrument]

literature: just sometimes read this one..
yeah.. i just began to read harry potter series
but*sleepy after few pagess..zz..z.z.z.z*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

music: rock. favourites are Evanescence, Linkin Parl, Staind, 3 Doors Down... the list can go on
literature: fantasy. LOTR is cool, and there's the Sevenwaters Trilogy which is awesome. Favourite author is Sherryl Jordan.

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Music: J-Pop, classical, probably some pop punk. XD Haha.
Literature: Science fiction. o_o; Or some books that can relate in life. Otherwise, I don't seem that interested..

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

you'd probably know what kind of music I like to listen...*hint hint*
And I like to read fantasy, little bit of romance...just a lil bit! and mysteries and drama...

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

hm.... i am more an eclectic when it comes to music; i listen to pop (mostly jpop), rock, classic, etc. (however, i don't like heavy metal - too loud for my taste...no offence to those that like it though).
i like to read novels by jane austen (mansfield park, emma, northanger abbey, etc.), fantasy novels like harry potter or lord of the rings, history books ^_^' and novels (ie. north and south by john jakes), and science fiction. :)

Signature

FlowerDog

FlowerDog

Loves Ya!

I like to listen to all kinds of music. :) Though, I love just about any song from Chayanne and Alejandro Sanz....What? ^_^' As for literature...well, who doesn't like stories like The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger or goth short stories like "A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner. I also like the novel "A Hope in the Unseen" by Ron Suskind.

Wait!! I also love that song by that 80's one hit wounder group, A-AH with their hit "Take on me." That's a hot song but I love a lot of music as much as literature works like mangas. XD Umm...sorry for boring out some members. -_-'

Music: let it be jpop ( maaya sakamoto ), classic( bethoven), jazz , rock and ( if i got up on a wrong leg ) techno
Literature: i'm with broken-dreamz - fanfiction!!!!!!, Terry Pratchett, Roger Zelazny ( r.i.p. ) and meny meny more ( so meny that when I once made a list { only titles } it was 2 page long, and i'm not pulling a leg )
Poetry: brrrrr I think that most poets are guys hooked up on drags, alkochol and bad life, but not all some of them are good

And one thing before end. Long Live William Sheakspeare !!!!!! in dead kind of way

markjo

markjo

a bookworm & a film buff

I like music that I can dance to - which means really various stuff - and from literature, well, you may not believe it, but I read EVERYTHING (see under my avatar).

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

For music, I like to listen to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and as of late, The Killers. Also the Cowboy Bebop and Azumanga Daioh OST's

For literature, I enjoy quite a bit of Sci-fi (1984 and Starship Troopers) and some Eastern Philosophy (hagakure and the Book of Five Rings). Oh, and manga :)

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

music: classical (Baroque period- chamber music primarily), classic rock, alternative, grunge, goth, industrial, anime soundtracks, and some j-rock. been listening to a lot of Gackt and GLAY recently. other favorite bands include: Beatles, Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi, , Mozart, NIN, Mission UK, kmfdm (seeing them in concert this week), Sisters of Mercy, Radiohead, Guns-n Roses, U2, Gackt, etc.

books: currently i'm reading Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas. have been watching the anime, Gankutusuo so... although i read all kinds of books, i gravitate towards sci-fi especially cyber-punk. favorite authors and books are: William Gibson's Neuromancer, and Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash. i reread these books once every year. other authors i like are Robert Heinlein, Greg Bear, Phillip Dick, Neil Gaiman, and Frank Miller.

im also quite fond of some graphics novels, and manga. :)

My music: Jazz, The best!!! Many jazz genres.
About literature: I don't read too much, because I am busy working and studying.

I like very specify type of music for example ^_^

( right-click the link below and select "save target as" to download )
Summer Overture
About literature hmmm about Japan kendo style of fighting ^_^

http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/gangsters_outlaws/gang/yakuza/2a.jpg

TemplarKnight

DVAE FACIES

Music I like is : Alt. rock , Heavy metal, Some goth rock like Tristania , Opera music and Classical.

Poe rocks !! Also like Fantasy like the Symphony of Ages series. Also like to read non-fiction historical books. Mostly pertaining to the middle ages.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.