Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of my Guilty Crown scan - Minitokyo

Deletion of my Guilty Crown scan

Tagged under GUILTY CROWN

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Hi, my scan Daryl Yan by Aliceblond
Daryl Yan by Aliceblond
was deleted:

Quote by Aliceblond,

The scan you have submitted ([url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/603786][/url]) was removed for the following reason:

- It is identical to another scan in the gallery. Your version is smaller or lower quality than the existing version.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

But if you compare it with this pic
GUILTY CROWN#604044

(which is by the way not a self-scanned material) you will see that my scan has a better quality. That pic added by Anther has the same art, less cropped than mine, but low quality. The scan has a lot of dust and other artifacts. Mine is much more neat and clear. And the figure of the character is bigger by the way.
I personally think that both versions could be left in the gallery because my scan's quality is higher (no dust or other artifacts, bigger figure) and Anther's scan has the character uncropped. But it's up to moderators to decide, as far as I can figure.

current anime obsession: K Project (since 2012)

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Your scan is slightly bigger but less complete. If both scans have almost the same size I always keep the version which is more complete. The self-scanned issue isn't important anymore. I believe previous moderators used that to choose between scans. I can't just keep your scan and delete submissions from other members for the same reason just because your scan is more clean.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

That other scan is not only dusty, its background is LQ too, the character's face looks like it is texturized (because the paper's structure became visible), and just look at the boy's pants - they look totally dirty compared to HQ scans where he wears the same uniform. I wouldn't argue if that scan was really HQ, it would be silly and pointless. But this pic actually is good enough for Zerochan only, not for MT. I am not even sure if it wasn't enlarged, and the person who found it can't be sure either. And btw the person who uploaded this pic could at least try to clean it a little.
I could upload the bigger version of my scan, it would be "texturized" just like this person's pic (or maybe more) but without dust and durt. I always scan at 600 dpi and then resize my scans to avoid this "texturized" look. "Raw" scan has a 1464 x 2056 resolution. Will it be more appreciated than an edited and resonably resized scan? I can try to edit it without resizing though. =/

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

The background is of no importance. A lot of scans have visible paper structures. The legs are not clean but your scan doesn't have any legs at all. I do not keep incomplete scans unless there is a very huge size difference: like 1500 pixels and 4000 pixels. So nope, 1500 pixels against 2500 pixels is not enough.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

OK I get your idea. But you didn't say a word about enlarging. Was Anther's scan enlarged or not? I suspect it to be slightly enlarged, not only dusty and durty. It looks like a pic from ebay, items for sale there are enlarged pics quite often. What is your opinion as an expert?
I just want to understand why you desided to accept this LQ scan in case of any future similar situations.

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

It doesn't look enlarged to me. Sure, it doesn't have the best quality but it's not the worst either. For the next time just keep in mind that we always choose the full version to stay in the gallery. Only if you submit cg art we also keep incomplete versions because the quality of original images is flawless: GUILTY CROWN#597075
And like I said we keep incomplete versions if there is a huge size difference and the full version is small so that members who want to see detailed face or hair can download the bigger (but incomplete scan) scan.

Can you tell me what is cg art please? I come across it all the time but still don't know the definition; I have some Psycho-Pass arts from the official site (not wallpapers). Are they cg or not? I don't want to waste my time uploading something subject to be deleted.

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

CG (computer graphics) is digital artwork drawn for example with programs like Photoshop, SAI... They are not scanned but created digitally. Visual novel cg, official wallpapers with copyright stamps and official game cg are the ones we keep here. And officially published digital artbooks which is rare yet. Here are examples for each of them:
Official game art: Final Fantasy Dissidia#525964
Visual Novel: Tasogare no Saki ni Noboru Ashita#604181
Official wallpaper: Bleach VJump 2012
Official sites have a lot of digital art but mostly they are too small. If you can find images at the official sites that are big enough you can submit them. But I can't tell you before I have seen the image what it is. If you want you can send me a pm with the links of the images you want to submit here and I can tell you if they are submittable or not.

Thank you for the explanation. I'm writing you the PM about that arts.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.