Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Butterfly illusion wallpaper - Minitokyo

Butterfly illusion wallpaper

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I would like some tips and ideas for the background of this piece:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-14l8sj18m4k/UN8cMujw4FI/AAAAAAAAC7c/TSzxVG9rIa8/s1920/butterfly-illusion.jpg

and also some someone to point me where the quality is not good.

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Oh, this is a very interesting concept!

But yeah, there are some technical issues that need to be fixed. I saved your image and outlined the main problems in red and blue circles. You can check the image here: LINK

The areas in blue indicate a loss in quality which is really obvious since the butterfly in the middle is crisp and clean but those outer shapes on the right and left are really pixelated and blurry for some reason. Have you enlarged them to make them look like that? Either way, they need to be fixed so they can be nice and clean like the butterfly in the middle.
The areas in red need some improvement, too, especially the one on the top - it's like his forehead ends abruptly at an odd angle like that and then his hair starts. There needs to be a smoother transition between forehead and hair like the way you did it on the woman on the left. His chin needs some refinement, as well as his neck, too.

Those are the issues I can see at this point so with a little fixing, I think it might turn out good. I'm also curious what that black area is on the left, on the woman. Is the guy going to have it, too? 'Cause it looks a bit out of place right now, just being there on the left.
Anyway, wish you luck with this, keep it up!

Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

O)Kay so while i was funbling with the back ground ( and correcting the stuff you pointed Alenas)
I suddenly thoug "BE MY VALENTINE!" (we're not even into the new years yet and i am having vallentine's feelings *headesdesk*
i came up with this new piece minus the text:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-92TmBVEvysU/UN9kh94HfJI/AAAAAAAAC74/69HqmLEP0xo/s144/butterfly-illusion2.jpg

the text idea came from my silliness of wanting to have something written in the back ground so i googled "Butterfly love song" and found out about a chinese legend about lovers that upon not being allowed to be together died and became butterflies ( the legend is so coolio)
the text is a part of a song from Peter Ho that was based on the legend and was also part of the sound track of a movie also based on it.
so my biggest doubt now is: should i upload it with or without text?

is there any other part with low quality in here? did i managed to correct the stuff that was bad?

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The image is so small, I can barely see anything D:

You probably linked to a thumbnail or something, lol.

Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I fogot to edit the link *headsdesk*
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-92TmBVEvysU/UN9kh94HfJI/AAAAAAAAC74/69HqmLEP0xo/s1920/butterfly-illusion2.jpg

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Oh yes, it looks a lot better now, and I like the way you added more contrast to those surrounding edges. I'd just manually blur those areas in the middle where the butterfly wings and the lips overlap - they're still a bit too jagged and pixelated - as well as the area where the faces overlap in general. Not too much of blur, just enough to make those jaggies go away. xD

As for the text, I think it would look better without it. It kind of clutters the image right now as it is and it's a bit too...uniform and static compared to the abstractness of the rest of the wallpaper. If you want to include text, try to scatter it around in a more interesting way and make it a bit more transparent, like for example, if you can, you could try to make it bend in the same way those patterns on the butterfly wings on the human faces do on both sides. It's just a suggestion, though, up to you, really but I think right now, with this set up, the text kind of ruins the overall composition.

Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Okay i edited a little the text part i'll probably make a version without it. it reminds me i wanted to pm you abou tit alenas on my last wallie i uploaded two versions of the wallie but they didn't show up on the page i don't know if it's just for me.
back to the wallie other than blur that part that was also irking me i thought about giving the butterfly a body i don't think i managed to blur theri chins right though i'll try to keep on fixing it ^^' but over all this is my next spet done:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AOO2w3MRP1o/UOB8RoToOsI/AAAAAAAAC8Q/scGPCzDYkRk/s1920/butterfly-illusion4.jpg

if i ever forget to edit the link again the /s1920/ part of the url is the biggest size of the image you can just change the numbers (that's why i love picasa)

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Well, the text looks a bit better this way but yeah, I'd still go without it. xD

Hmm, I'm not sure why, things were a bit buggy for some time and I think this Christmas layout also has a problem with some features so for now, try uploading just one versions of your artworks till things get back to normal.
I think the butterfly's body isn't really necessary, plus you already made this in the middle which is even neater and more interesting. Oh and don't forget to add your signature in the end. ^^

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.