Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What got YOU into Anime? - Minitokyo

What got YOU into Anime?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Droknar

the Socially Inept

One of my friends invited me over to watch a movie called 'Ninja Scroll.'

I then realized that Japan makes cartoons for adults, too. And it was good.

"Can you translate that to English please? I'm not fluent in Dumbass." -Mafus

striket

striket

I_Work_4_Fluke_Now

Watched Serial Experiments Lain...
got kinda interested in the way anime is drawn and "animated" and colored.
Besides, it's fun watching something which you don't really speak the language and generally don't really know each and every word of it.

Signature
Gekkostate! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group! | Zero no Tsukaima -Futatsuki no Kishi!

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Well I've been watching cartoon since kindergarden or something earlier, it's really common where i'm from so you're kinda exposed to it

My friend got me into anime round 2 years ago. However, i didn't really start getting INTO it until i started watching Inuyasha on Cartoon Network. The result: full anime addict! ^_^

I was on vacation and I got sick I was like 10 years old at the time and myparents and sister left to go do something. (I forgot what it was) I flipped on the TV and Sailor moon was on. I watched it and really liked it. A few month later I got to know a girl and she was really into sailor moon too (I was still like 10 years old) We would get together every weekend and watch anime videos that how I got into anmie.

Nairdas

The Speaker of Truth

Watching dragonball z early in the morning back when it was on FOX. Once I got a computer I started searching for dbz stuff and it just snowballed from there.

my friend got me into anime in grade 2. i remember goin over to his house and watching Dragonball. that one episode changed everything. lol

I got into Anime by myself. Actually, I got to watch it by accident. When I was using my brother's computer, I found the video clip named "Naruto". I became curious and watched it. That Naruto episode surprised and impressed me a lot that I became so into it. Now I spend 1/3 of time using my computer on anime related and currently watching 4 animes. Sure that changed my life.

knightstar3

knightstar3

already there...

it sort of started for me when i saw cardcaptor sakura in america, but it could have also been because of cartoon network when i watched in taiwan! :) anyways, i love anime!

Signature
member of COLORFUL WALLIES!
member of Hoteru-no-Shiki

I watched it as a little little kid, but forgot all about it because ehhhh I got americanized by disney, ummm later on.... down the road almost in high school... My best friend bugged me about watching Tenchi and stuff ( I didn't like it ) he wanted me to watch dbz and I was like hell no man.... :P one day he shows me a anime called Ranma 1/2 and i'm instantly hooked... I dunno what it was but I really enjoyed it.

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

going to borders, i found an Xmen artbook and then turned the corner and saw the biggest comic book i'd ever seen, turned into an Inuyasha addiction that led me to anime with a little help from my friend, the internet ^_^

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

When I was watching TV alot when I was young, got me into anime alot! Everyday I got up early and stayed up late just to watch every single bit of the series.

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

My brother got me into anime. He is always watching anime dvds on TV. One day I was doing nothing so I decided to watch one with him and I enjoyed it. Can't remember which anime it was though but since then I was really into anime.

Sailor Moon is what introduced me to the genre, and it really got me into manga, but Ranma 1/2 and Nuku Nuku got me into anime.

gountessg

Dark Angel

sailor moon. I used to skip my history class to see sailor moon. that's probably why I didn't like it for so long.

what is your purpose in life?

way back when i was in kid
used to wake up around 7am jus to watch cartoons on tv
those were the days
technoman, samurai pizza cats. wish i can watch them all again
from there i just started watching whatever i could get my hands on
usually take a visit to the asian video stores and see what new anime they have

Signature

"I think I want to be forgiven..... Yeah, I want to be forgiven"
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy Advent Children

BlueRock

BlueRock

King of Hearts

dragon BALL z

dragon BALL Z

Obviously Dragon Ball Z

That show displayed power at its true unnecessary level

Hearts are Power, Nothingness is Eternal!

i watched totoro and dragonball when i was little (before i even knew of the category "anime"). i guess that didn't really count.

then i saw evangelion a few years later. and i was hooked ever since.

---I'm going to live forever. so far, so good.---

my best friend got me into it. i was at her house one day and she said that i just had to watch this japanese cartoon. next thing i knew i was watching sailor moon and then ninja scroll.

Signature Image

* : )

SilenCoren

The Lost One

Well i have to say two thing.
One i seen a anime move on a channel and the 2nd was Pokemon...
Yep i said Pokemon.
I got the Blue game for X-Mas and that was it.

Can't typ or spell ><
Signature

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

In my case, you could say they found me. :D
I whas just buttening the remote whin I just "bumpt in to them". It whas love at first site. The fist anime I ever saw whas Sailor Moon folloud clously by Pokemon.
A fiuw yers past by and then, just like before, I redescoverd them on A+. You could emagine theat afther theat I never mist it's brodcasts. :)

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

Lalalalala...anime ? oh ... haha , acutally , it was my childhood neighbours who intro them to me. To spark it all off, Yu-yu Hargushu(spelled wrongly) was my first anime if i rmb correctly. Else the closest was Gundam G series. Haha. yeah. I had a vivid imagination and in those days, things are so boring and we ain't so tech. advanced as to have all these gadgets call Computers to begin with! So we turn to TVs and Model kits for leisure. Anime been something a sacred stuff as it's hard to come by from Japan and i had always wondered about till the day they intro me to it. Lol. Talk about naive. Perhaps i was and am still. =P

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

I grew up with anime. All of my cousins' family and I lived (still do) in Toronto, and the area is densely populated with Asians (I'm Filipino-Canadian). Anyway, my cousins were all a good 8+ years older than me and I absolutely adored them all; I guess I wanted to fit in with them more or something. I started watching bloody samurai violence as a toddler. Fabulous.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Please redirect your posts to What and when was your first contact with anime?

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.